How to get 5.1 audio on fire TV stick with downloaded files

siddkai

I have a fire TV stick lite. It can output 5.1 Dolby digital and even Dolby Atmos with some of the Netflix content. Most of the streaming services like Netflix, Amazon prime, Disney etc can give Dolby Digital output on my soundbar.

Problem: The issue is with downloaded content. The downloaded file is having 3f2r/lfe in the vlc properties if I check on my laptop. But the same file when playing on fire TV stick with VLC app will output only stereo.

Settings on fire TV
Settings ->Audio->Surround sound is set to Best available
Vlc Digital audio output (passthrough)- Enabled

efernand1

I have a fire TV stick lite. It can output 5.1 Dolby digital and even Dolby Atmos with some of the Netflix content. Most of the streaming services like Netflix, Amazon prime, Disney etc can give Dolby Digital output on my soundbar.

Problem: The issue is with downloaded content. The downloaded file is having 3f2r/lfe in the vlc properties if I check on my laptop. But the same file when playing on fire TV stick with VLC app will output only stereo.

Settings on fire TV
Settings ->Audio->Surround sound is set to Best available
Vlc Digital audio output (passthrough)- Enabled

Try Fire TV settings to Dolby Digital Plus and perhaps it should work....no harm trying

gourav

Try Kodi. I also can't get proper 5.1 sound using VLC on my fire stick, but it works with Kodi.

Kodi is not available on app store. You'll have to sideload. Please download the apk from official site only. You'll just need to enable unknown sources for installing the app.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer