How to improve Highs on Quad Pre Power + Marantz stack

Sidharth Trehan

Hi Friends,
I miss my Marantz PM7001 only for highs that it had ..at times which used to go bright. My QUAD 99Pre with 909Power with 7001 MARANTZ SACD takes due care of highs ..rather it subdues them a lot when its needed. Mid are nice, So are the certain low frequencies ..the exremely low ones are a rocker on this combo.

Anyway, the question is that would an introduction of a DAC improve high notes from this set up?

If yes, then which ones to choose from available in India.

Thanks for the time n help.

Hi Friends,
I miss my Marantz PM7001 only for highs that it had ..at times which used to go bright. My QUAD 99Pre with 909Power with 7001 MARANTZ SACD takes due care of highs ..rather it subdues them a lot when its needed. Mid are nice, So are the certain low frequencies ..the exremely low ones are a rocker on this combo.

Anyway, the question is that would an introduction of a DAC improve high notes from this set up?

If yes, then which ones to choose from available in India.

Thanks for the time n help.

Sidharth generally adding more power brings smoothness and a more natural presentation. The PM 7001 is a super amp for the money but this pre/power should be a better balanced presentation. The SA 7001 is a smooth cdp too which is only a bit of a problem with complex material.
Give ur ears some time i guess. I dont think the Marantz + Quad + Dali will be dull, just a bit of bloom in the mids.
Rgds

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back