How to keep the sound of traffic away ?

SynthSmith

Home is near a noisy neighborhood, near a junction where 4 blind & curved roads meet:confused: As the road is curved & visibility of the driver is low, they just keep honking, through the whole stretch.

I am fed up :sad::( & tired of the noise, that I rarely have a sound sleep.

I was thinking if I can acoustically seal my room
The question is how well can I economically & safely do it ?

My interest is in keeping the outside sound away..
I was thinking if it would be OK, to go with glass wool laid on the wall or window, like the pic below.
(In this pic, I think the intention behind is thermal insulation)
Soundproofing-Wall-Panels-with-Mineral-Glass-or-Glass-Wool-interior-wall-paneling-theater-seats-insulated-panels-home-audio-systems-chairs-ceiling-sound-absorbing-foam-554x415.jpg

I am thinking of layering it as follows:

NoisyRoad|Closed Wooden Window door|1cm AC insulation foam| 2 inch glasswool | plywood

AC foam
253287345_53dea44bd3ac1271828194e1ccf2ae38.jpg

GlassWool with aluminum lining
glass-wool-roll-insulations-aluminum-vapor-barrier-51881-5320963.jpg

sketch_62277542.png

Any comments ? Would this be effective ?
Will the pressure come at least close to some 40dB from 90+dB ??

ABSORPTION COEFFICIENT CHART
Coefficient Chart

They will help, but not enough.

A better way will be to just seal the area properly. Install aluminum cased window/doors in all areas. If the installer seals it well with cement prior to installation, it will cut the noise significantly. Further if you get double glass window panes, that would cut the noise further.

Our attached-to-bedroom toilet/bath has two unglazed window openings for ventilation. This summer, so much heat was coming in that I decided to temporarily close them. I took cardboard cut from sturdy packing cases, folded it to make a double layer, and put some miscellaneous foamy stuff in between the two layers.

My intention was thermal, not audio ...but it did reduce outside noise quite a lot, which was a bonus. However, the external noises here are nothing compared to a busy road junction.

Good sleep is sooo important. You must be suffering a lot of stress. I do hope you find a good solution.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back