How to make my Home Theatre Speakers as Permanent Audio Output?

sambit

Hi there..

I have a Sony Bravia 32 S550A LCD TV,
Sony Home Theatre ( DAV-DZ290K : DVD Home Theatre System : Home Theatre System : Sony India )

HP Desktop PC

I will be connecting my PC with my LCD with a VGA to VGA cord.

But what I want is, the audio output should be on my Home Theatre .

So, how do we do that ??
How can we make the Home Theatre output as the permanent output for any video source , DISH TV or PC or HDMI DVD Player,bla bla bla ? :rolleyes:

Hey, aren't you posting in the wrong section? i think this section pertains to HT projectors & screens.

anyway to answer your question;

you'll need to have an audio connection between your source material (computer, tatasky etc) to the your sony home theatre..

for tata sky that would be a stereo rca-rca cable

for your computer is could be an optical; digital rca or ep-rca cable.. depending on the outputs from you comp and whether your ht has multichannel rca inputs.

if your home theatre has adequate (and appropriate) inputs this should not be a problem.

however, if you are short of inputs, and if your computer output is not digital,
you could connect all sources to your tv, use your tv as the audio switcher and then use the tv lineout to feed your home theatre.. you'll be able to get muxed multichannel (dolby pro-logic) with this setup.

depends on how many inputs your HTiB has.

cheers

Kapil

I cant see digital input like Dz-390.
If it has coax in then simply take coaxial cable,connect it to PC(spdf out)
If not,then only stereo analoge connection is possible.

I checked for 5.1in when I got ONKYO Htib.Earlier Htib verg didnt have 5.1ana input.

All going over my head.
I think, I should do a Trial And Error first and then ask this question here.

And sorry about this wrong section posting. Actually, this Safari browser is messed. :mad:

I cant see digital input like Dz-390.
If it has coax in then simply take coaxial cable,connect it to PC(spdf out)
If not,then only stereo analoge connection is possible.

I checked for 5.1in when I got ONKYO Htib.Earlier Htib verg didnt have 5.1ana input.

@spirovious - he has an HP pc. my experience of branded computers is that they tend to be stingy about connections (unless it's a media pc) so a backpanel spdif connection is unlikely.. and if he tries to get to the spdif-out pins on the motherboard - BAM goes your waranty.

cheers

Kapil

but Safari is a mac browser?

;)

ah.. maybe I should have clarified; my experience with HP and Dell & IBM PCs (from my office) that if they are not specifically targetted for home multimedia use; tend to have the barest minimum of connections at the back (along with bespoke barebones motherboards, and, in the case of dell a nonstandard powersupply too ;)).. an spdif output is highly, highly unlikely.

Chances are, if the OP had a "multimedia pc" he'd also have atleast a DVi or maybe an HDMI connection too; but if you follow the OP's posts -- he's looking at attaching the pc to his tv using a VGA cable.

I guess I joined too many dots in my head, which may not have been obvious to anyone reading. Well, mea culpa, and you live and learn :D

kapil

edit: @suri -- in case you were not being ironic ;) ; safari has been available for the PC for some time

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back