How to passthrough / bitstream audio from browser (youtube, amazonprime video etc) to AVR

I just checked and see that 5.1 in browser is not possible
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201460880

Can someone please confirm how the youtube video plays in your pc browser... If that plays like it plays fir me then I think there is NO problem in my setup :)
YouTube does not support surround sound, neither to upload (it mix down to stereo) nor playing. so it would be always stereo output for YouTube video (app or browser irrespective).

Ya now I understand.. but then how does it work correctly from my tv browser or tv youtube app.. each sound comes from the correct channel.. whereas in pc the sounds come from multiple speakers.. when the sound should come from rear left, it actually comes from front left and rear left.. same fir right.. there is no sound from center and Sub

Does that mean the LG TV upmixes the sound and sends DD sound to the AVR? Because I dont see PCM in Audio decoder, it shows DD
If this upmixing is done by LG then I must say it is very accurate

Youtube plays 'stereo' only on my both stereo amp, and Yamaha receiver.

I just checked and see that 5.1 in browser is not possible
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201460880

Can someone please confirm how the youtube video plays in your pc browser... If that plays like it plays fir me then I think there is NO problem in my setup :)

Youtube is 2 channel as well irrespective of the device as far as I know. People who say they get 5.1 are usually looking at muti channel upmix either from the source (HTPC's do that if you set your sound settings that way) or its being upmixed in the receiver.

I use my Play station for Netflix and amazon video, you can alternatively use the prime app on your smart tv and use ARC for audio, or get a android TV box.

Youtube is 2 channel as well irrespective of the device as far as I know. People who say they get 5.1 are usually looking at muti channel upmix either from the source (HTPC's do that if you set your sound settings that way) or its being upmixed in the receiver.

I use my Play station for Netflix and amazon video, you can alternatively use the prime app on your smart tv and use ARC for audio, or get a android TV box.
Ya I also think the LG TV is doing (a great) upmixing... I use the prime app on smart tv and use ARC for audio, but i am having sound cutting issues, but that is a different story..

It is probably converting to pro logic type of 5.1 and hence the confusuion. may be check in the Tv's sound/audio settings to see if such upmixing is enabled.

Ya I also think the LG TV is doing (a great) upmixing... I use the prime app on smart tv and use ARC for audio, but i am having sound cutting issues, but that is a different story..

Is it an android tv? I cant get prime to work properly on my airtel internet tv box either (which is basically an android tv OS box) i get random shuddering in video and audio. The quality on the play station is sensational however, if you get the PS4 pro it'll do 4k and HDR as well. But its a large investment for someone who doesn't want a PS for anything else. So you are stuck with fire stick as your only real low cost alternative if you want prime video.

It is probably converting to pro logic type of 5.1 and hence the confusuion. may be check in the Tv's sound/audio settings to see if such upmixing is enabled.
I dont see any upmixing related setting in the TV.. anyway I dont see any reason to disable it :)

Is it an android tv? I cant get prime to work properly on my airtel internet tv box either (which is basically an android tv OS box) i get random shuddering in video and audio. The quality on the play station is sensational however, if you get the PS4 pro it'll do 4k and HDR as well. But its a large investment for someone who doesn't want a PS for anything else. So you are stuck with fire stick as your only real low cost alternative if you want prime video.
No .. it is not android TV.. It has webOS..The voice shuttering was not a big problem.. just happened 4-5 times during the whole movie
I have read other people have that problem and it was solved by changing HDMI cable or adding power conditioner etc.. I thought I should give the HTPC a try.. but it seems it is not possible till amazon releases a windows 10 app :)

Please play this through chromecast (or any other device you feel suitable) connected to AVR and share your opinion.

Please play this through chromecast (or any other device you feel suitable) connected to AVR and share your opinion.

I don't have any other device.. I have tried the video in tv and PC and have provided the results in previous messages..

The TV is not doing any upmixing. YouTube audio is in Dolby stereo, and this is different from 2 channel stereo. In Dolby stereo, we have two front channels, two rear channels. The audio track of the two rear channels is written into the front channels, with a phase shift. So though the audio signal is only 2 channel, because of the rear tracks being played with a phase shift, it gives the illusion of surround sound. And if we play this track through a 5.1 system, the player runs a Dolby matrix from the 1970's, to decode this rear channel information and give you surround sound. So it is virtual surround and not true surround.

Thanks for the info.. but I did not understand why when I view the same video in tv, the sound comes from the correct speaker.. this does not happen when I view the video on PC.. also on PC No sound comes from the Sub when it should come. you can view the video and you will understand what I mean

Ok, Type " chrome://flags/ "in Chrome browser and check for below line.
Check if it's enabled or not.
Causes audio output streams to check if channel layouts other than the default hardware layout are available.
Windows
Causes audio output streams to check if channel layouts other than the default hardware layout are available. Turning this on will allow the OS to do stereo to surround expansion if supported. May expose third party driver bugs, use with caution. #try-supported-channel-layouts
Enable

Recently I have installed KODI Krypton 17.6 on my laptop ( Win 07). I have altered the Kodi audio settings to allow passthrough bitstream audio to my DENON AVR. I have installed few video addons in KODI to watch movies and to my surprise I am able to get Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from encoded material( movies) either stored on laptop or web . May be possible in your case if you browse through KODI.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back