How to ship speakers within India

tdas777

Hi,

I want to ship a Logitech Z623 2.1 speaker (10Kgs) from Bangalore to Durgapur (180KM from Kolkata).

I have the all the original packaging, but it never had thermocols or air pouch.
So, I need a bigger carton box, so that I can put shock absorbing materials and original carton in it.

I checked with Bludart and DTDC.

The bludart rep told they need some type of permit for items with higher price/value from sales tax dept. of West Bengal.

The DTDC rep told they can ship it but there is no guarantee for no damage and they cant provide packaging.

I don't know why these courier guys make it difficult for customers; they say they provide services but they can't fully provide the service.

Please help.

Please help.

call GATI
tell them you want it double box packed
ship by surface only

Tell them that you are sending it to your friend/relative and don't declare the value of goods and say it is a gift to him... Else depending on the value of the goods, the shipping company will charge you more...

I checked with Bludart and DTDC.

The bludart rep told they need some type of permit for items with higher price/value from sales tax dept. of West Bengal.

The DTDC rep told they can ship it but there is no guarantee for no damage and they cant provide packaging.

In addition to the points made by other posters, I had this "permit" issue when Sonodyne, Kol shipped me my 2605s last year. I recollect I had scanned and sent them a simple letter that said that it was for personal use and had no commercial value, and that was all that was required.

On another occassion I had to ship speakers to Blru and Gati collected and delivered with no fuss or bother.

Vipul audio shipped my Dali Zensors from Chennai. Gati i think, cost me about 1200 INR.

In all cases, it was packed in the usual foam and bubble wrap and cardboard spar reinforcements inside a strapped up carton.

And by the grace of the speaker gods, the stuff was scratch free on all travels.

I've had my main speakers transported from Kochi by TCI-XPS and amp by DTDC from Bangalore without a hitch.

There is another courier
Known as metro courier
Based in Delhi

He actually specializes in shipping audio gear

He even crates it if you ask him

I've never needed to use him though

IndiaPost Regd. Parcel is the most economical for packages in the range of 10 kg and higher. You can double-box it yourself, and take it with the lid unsealed to the parcel post center (most will ask to see the item before it is taped shut). After you tape it shut, you can request additional strapping (Rs.30) and stitched white cloth outer covering (Rs.80 upwards) for additional safety.

The problem which Op is facing is actually of some "waybill" or " Road Permit" thing, which is typical of West Bengal and is applicable for incoming goods. Info may be available on the net. Otherwise, sending 20-30 kg consignments is not a problem at all. I sold my Speakers( 24 kg approx) and sent it to Kolkata through DTDC (1400/-) without any problem as it was within W.B. Since I had preserved the entire original packing, DTDC helped in packing at my house and was picked up next day by their own arrangements.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back