Help in shipping speakers from Hyderabad to Bangalore

eddie_fox

Hi all FMs,

I intend to buy a pair of high quality speakers from a fellow FM in Hyderabad. They weigh about 16kgs each and will be packed well in the original boxes. But they are a bit expensive and I am worried about the potential shipping mishandling.

So, just putting a shout out - Any FMs driving down from Hyderabad to Bangalore in the next few days or so? and will you please help me get the package to Bangalore? I can pick it up from you anywhere here in Bangalore.

Alternatively, any suggestions of a trustworthy professional courier guys who can help pack and deliver safely?

I called Gati and they said they don't deal with electronics, electrical or fragile any more. Fedex gave me a quote of 7K (including an insurance for 2.5L) for road shipping and 10K for air. I will contact DHL, Bluedart and DTDC.

I would have driven down to Hyderabad myself except that I am in a very difficult period in terms of workload. So, any help/suggestions/advice will be appreciated.

Regards,
EF

Last edited:
I called Gati and they said they don't deal with electronics, electrical or fragile any more. Fedex gave me a quote of 7K (including an insurance for 2.5L) for road shipping and 10K for air. I will contact DHL, Bluedart and DTDC.

This is very very curious. I see your any more, but I have speakers which moved Kol/ Blru/ Chn via Gati.

I don't recollect having specified contents.

I just checked the Gati Courier LR Details (4/8/14), there is no mention of any electronics, just says CB packing value, declared value xx,xxx INR, dimensions and weight 25kg

ciao
gr

This is very very curious. I see your any more, but I have speakers which moved Kol/ Blru/ Chn via Gati.

I don't recollect having specified contents.

I just checked the Gati Courier LR Details (4/8/14), there is no mention of any electronics, just says CB packing value, declared value xx,xxx INR, dimensions and weight 25kg

ciao
gr

So, did they not ask you the content of the package? I wonder if it is not necessary to let them know they are speakers.

I have shipped 2 turntables through DTDC and both had no trouble reaching the destination, but I had packed them well. If your speakers have original packing, I don't suspect any problem. But in case, you have any doubts, it would be a good idea to drive down. It is less than 600 KMs, you can go go on a Saturday and be back on Sunday, difficult to cover 2 ways in a day!

I would prefer taking them trough parcel Service offered by buses ,Since the Blr to Hyd is busy and you have many buses available.

Advantage
1.Its Office to Office service , So the Parcel will be touched only twice in whole transaction.
2. You could directly book the package at parcel office and if you wish, than can have a look when they load the parcel into the Bus.
3.Its very cheap also the parcel will be moved only in Volvo buses- Extra suspension :)

Hi,
In my case there have mostly good experiences with a few nixed ones. I shipped my speakers to Pune with DTDC in the original carton. By all acounts it reached safe and sound. I got a TT from Pune, which had been packed with a lot of attention but the cover had cracked due to handling. I have shipped turntables before with no problems. However I had a preamp sent to me from Delhi and it clearly had been tossed around. with fortunately no serious damage to the kit although the package had come apart.

A lot clearly depends on the packing. If its the original packing it should be fine. Otherwise, i.e. if its not in the original packing why not just drive down to Hyderabad.

Congrats. Please enlighten us on your new acquisition.

Hi all FMs,

I intend to buy a pair of high quality speakers from a fellow FM in Hyderabad. They weigh about 16kgs each and will be packed well in the original boxes. But they are a bit expensive and I am worried about the potential shipping mishandling.

So, just putting a shout out - Any FMs driving down from Hyderabad to Bangalore in the next few days or so? and will you please help me get the package to Bangalore? I can pick it up from you anywhere here in Bangalore.

Alternatively, any suggestions of a trustworthy professional courier guys who can help pack and deliver safely?

I would have driven down to Hyderabad myself except that I am in a very difficult period in terms of workload. So, any help/suggestions/advice will be appreciated.

Regards,
EF

This is true. I asked them for shipping of speakers from Mumbai to Bangalore recently and they said they do not deal with electronic items any more. This is a recent change as I have send speakers through Gati earlier.

Hi,
In my case there have mostly good experiences with a few nixed ones. I shipped my speakers to Pune with DTDC in the original carton. By all acounts it reached safe and sound. I got a TT from Pune, which had been packed with a lot of attention but the cover had cracked due to handling. I have shipped turntables before with no problems. However I had a preamp sent to me from Delhi and it clearly had been tossed around. with fortunately no serious damage to the kit although the package had come apart.

A lot clearly depends on the packing. If its the original packing it should be fine. Otherwise, i.e. if its not in the original packing why not just drive down to Hyderabad.

Congrats. Please enlighten us on your new acquisition.

Unfortunately driving there is not an option. I have too much work, and my perpetual academic pursuit doesn't let me travel on weekends. So, it has to be shipping through a courier.

Fedex with the insurance seems the best bet and hopefully the original packing with some reinforcement should be alright. I will keep you posted on the adventure and will reveal all when I get the speakers and set it up :D soon

I have shipped my Active studio monitors via DTDC air cargo from bangalore to mumbai. they charge based on weight and also take volume of the box, which ever comes higher will be charged. Make sure you double box it and have bubble wrap to make sure the box is intact. all the best.

Ask sender to send them via a Volvo bus service. Sender should supervise the loading and you can meet the bus as it arrives in Blr to supervise the unloading. The package will spend minimum time in transit or in unknown hands.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back