How worse is the motion handling on lg c8?

I was just trying to share my experience. The fps of the Blu ray was 24 only. Technically pana ut50 should have rendered that. All my displays should render that as well. Still I see judder in horizontal camera panning scenes (like ice age 2 initial few minutes) and need to see an end to end 120fps system to believe that (maybe I'm technically superstitious...ha ha).

However, for movie watching, I think 120hz panels (like LG C8 etc.) would give me proper experience. Yet Id like to wait till HDMI 2.1 and VRR.

LG C8 is 120 HZ native panel?

Ideally it should. Just guessing. Need to do a side by side comparison.

Now if we cast video from YouTube the video is played from smart TV even if we switch off the phone later. For other casting which is dependent on phone, I think that will not work. Simply because the bandwidth required for 4k@120hz will not be sufficient over WiFi.

I think I've created enough confusion here. One thing I'd like to clarify...

FPS is a property of Source (like BDP, Gaming Console, Media Player etc).
Whereas Refresh rate (in Hz) is a property of display device only.

So I think as per today's technology, HDMI 2.0 will be sufficient to provide enjoyable movie watching experience.

I think I've created enough confusion here. One thing I'd like to clarify...

FPS is a property of Source (like BDP, Gaming Console, Media Player etc).
Whereas Refresh rate (in Hz) is a property of display device only.

So I think as per today's technology, HDMI 2.0 will be sufficient to provide enjoyable movie watching experience.
and HDMI 2.0 is a function of how much bandwidth it will support. They all may be related but not necessarily.

A panel may be 120hz. But if the input video is compressed and also recorded at a low frame rate, the TV has to to gimmicks like frame interpolation.
Suppose you have a video recorded at 60hz, the TV is natively 120hz, the tv has to fill in additional 60 frames in a second to match its native panel refresh rate. Here comes prediction or repeats of frames. Result: artifacts.

A panel may be 120hz. But if the input video is compressed and also recorded at a low frame rate, the TV has to to gimmicks like frame interpolation.
Suppose you have a video recorded at 60hz, the TV is natively 120hz, the tv has to fill in additional 60 frames in a second to match its native panel refresh rate. Here comes prediction or repeats of frames. Result: artifacts.

If the refresh rate is a perfect multiple of source frame rate since 3/2 pulldown does not occur and neither the extrapolation needs to occur, rather it's straight forward making each frame stay longer applicable to all frame equally

I think the problem comes in where frame rate is not exact multiple rather 23.xxx or 29.xxx where problems start creeping in.

Somewhere I think madvr/avsynth options for se problem resolving rather than just upscaling were better back in those days and had more raw power available than modern day inbuilt chips.

I can test some examples on my C8. I had judder/stutter in fast panning shots in some netflix movie before I adjusted any settings but after they were gone.

I turn Trumotion setting to User and set DeJudder to 2 and deblur to 0. Seems to be working fine.

Need some method to test.

Had a side by side comparision of c8 and a8f at bajaj electronics, both 55 inch. Both were in Vivid mode. Cricket match from tata sky. Ball rolling on the outfield becomes fizzy on c8. A8f has good control on the contours of the rolling ball. That was enough for me to sway away from c8. Am very sensitive to Motion.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back