HT Setup Budget (50k to 1L)

Is wall mounting bookshelf a good option?

Any specific reason for not revealing?

Wall mounting works for some....for me..since space is a premium..yes it does...

Yes...dealers tend to push non moving products to new bees who dont know much....then you end up with the bad product

Today visited another dealer for auditioning:
Speakers
S20 - Bit bright for my taste but found it better among the lot
S50 - Doesnt sounded that rich or VFM compared to S20 + Sub combo.
Polk RTIa3 - Noise at higher volume
Elac B5 - Sounded very flat to me

Subs
Could't test subs properly as the demo room has some acoustic prblems, room's wooden plank was broken and kept on creating rattling noises. As a result I am completely dependent on my fellow HFV-inans advice.

PS: How is dali zensor 1 as front stereo speakers?

Buy the elac b6 that fellow fm Murli has eyes shut. In all probability you won't even need a sub unless u become overly critical and an audiophile overnight.

Buy the elac b6 that fellow fm Murli has eyes shut. In all probability you won't even need a sub unless u become overly critical and an audiophile overnight.
B5 sounded very flat to me, almost boring for my music taste. :)
How is B6 compared to B5?

I guess u personally would have to have a listen. I like the b6 very much. There are plenty of reviews on the net as well. Although the b5 and b5 is like comparing apples and oranges. Another speaker that I like a lot is the Polk rtiA3. Which of course u didn’t like much. Which is why u must personally have a listen to any speaker.

PS: How is dali zensor 1 as front stereo speakers?

The usual/bigger BS have more depth dimensions (30cm or more).. If you wall mount them, you might feel they obstructing the way / protruding from the wall when moving around the room..

If you are considering wall-mounting the speakers, consider speaker that have shallow depth dimension (15 cms or less)..

The usual/bigger BS have more depth dimensions (30cm or more).. If you wall mount them, you might feel they obstructing the way / protruding from the wall when moving around the room..

If you are considering wall-mounting the speakers, consider speaker that have shallow depth dimension (15 cms or less)..

No I wont be wall mounting them, I plant to put them on the TV wooden table or buy speaker stands.

I have one question: Is buying BS over satellite speakers a good option provided that I will be buying a sub?

satellites are great if you have a small room or are sitting very near to the speakers, but at the same time the subwoofer has to deal with mids which
might not be the most desirable thing as mid bass is still directional. Book shelves will perform better all the way down to 80hz or even 60 hz giving better performance along with the subwoofer. woofer size does matter.

I have one question: Is buying BS over satellite speakers a good option provided that I will be buying a sub?

Nope IMO..If you are really concerned abt satellite's limited ability on bass, you can settle for the smallest (driver) BS in any series/brand..

Even if you get bigger BS, you will set them as "SMALL" in AVR speaker settings.. That will limit the bass to 80Hz to the Bigger BS speaker, and the rest (lower than 80Hz) to subwoofer..

Guys, should I get Zesor 3 over Zensor 1, provided I am already buying a sub.

Also can you recommend some good surround speakers for less than 20k (wall mountable for small room).

Over past few days I have listened to few subs, but couldnt zero onto any one due to various factor not related to sub woofer, like poor acoustics of listening room, bad placement, oversmart/noob sales persons trying to brainwash etc.
Currenly I am really confused.
So please suggest good subs according to my preference, my most use for gaming, youtube, movies, music (EDM, Hip-Hop, Rock, Pop).

Auditioned quite a few speakers today:
So final option I have narrowed down to are:

Stereo speakers: Zensor 1, Zensor 3 and Emotiva B1
Surround: EmotivavE1, Wharfdale DFS 10, OWM 3 & OWM5 (Open to further suggestion, Budget Up to: Rs 20,000)
Sub: Velodyne Impact 12 or Polk PSW125 (Open to further suggestion, Budget Up to: Rs 30,000)

Please suggest.

FM any suggestion/valuable insight on above query.
I do not want to portray myself like an impatient kid, but I really intend to close my HT hunt.

Over past few days I have listened to few subs, but couldnt zero onto any one due to various factor not related to sub woofer, like poor acoustics of listening room, bad placement, oversmart/noob sales persons trying to brainwash etc.

It is no ones fault.. There are some ideal placement location for a sub in a room, which you would discover over time.. Once you get, try placing them in ideal locations in your room and it can be helpful..

Guys, should I get Zesor 3 over Zensor 1, provided I am already buying a sub.

Nope.. Z1 will do the job for you..

So please suggest good subs according to my preference, my most use for gaming, youtube, movies, music (EDM, Hip-Hop, Rock, Pop).

For speakers & subwoofers, whichever brand you are convinced of / like the performance from your audition, you should freeze on one model from those..

Auditioned quite a few speakers today:
So final option I have narrowed down to are:

Stereo speakers: Zensor 1, Zensor 3 and Emotiva B1
Surround: EmotivavE1, Wharfdale DFS 10, OWM 3 & OWM5 (Open to further suggestion, Budget Up to: Rs 20,000)
Sub: Velodyne Impact 12 or Polk PSW125 (Open to further suggestion, Budget Up to: Rs 30,000)

Please suggest.

Hi,

It is nice that you have auditioned some speakers and have prepared a list which is reducing......I hope you auditioned with your kind of music and seen those specific movie clips (Action / Drama / Thriller) to help you make an informed decision.

If i were in your shoes, i would see which speakers offer the maximum frequencies between the 20hz and 20khz spectrum....then would also see which speaker has the highest sensitivity (SPL).....would look at speakers which are of 8 ohms impedance .... 6 ohms would be minimum.

What you have listed are good and you need to decide now based on the parameters listed above which is the best bang for the buck.....also see their appearance and mounting / placement options in the room you will set them up......

For the sub....look at Sunfire and even BIC America (PL 200 ii)...these are good

One off topic question, how can I play blu ray rip (bdmv folder and mkv files) from my external hard drive to avr, in way that dolby trueHD and dts MA signals are properly passed through to avr.
Currently I own android TV (Sony W950c) and entery level laptop and PS4.
Also can DTS-MA / Dolby TrueHD 7.1 movies track be played on 5.1 system?

For playing 7.1 audio,first your source should be capable of playing 7.1 audio.!! IMO.
otherwise you will be hearing some crackling sound sometimes .Few cases you may not hear anything ,it depends.

Last edited:
One off topic question, how can I play blu ray rip (bdmv folder and mkv files) from my external hard drive to avr, in way that dolby trueHD and dts MA signals are properly passed through to avr.
Currently I own android TV (Sony W950c) and entery level laptop and PS4.
Also can DTS-MA / Dolby TrueHD 7.1 movies track be played on 5.1 system?

You cannot play a file directly into AVR you should have to have media player or pc/laptop/TV/gaming console with usb option capable of playing movie with HDD connected to it.BDMV Folder has stream folder with .m2ts extension video file which is playable as file video if you have codec installed in your pc/laptop.

Imo Your source and AVR should be capable of pass thru DTS HD MA/true HD.btw whats ur Avr?

If you have pc or laptop Install kodi/older Xbmc SW and pass thru the audio in audio settings.(your source should be capable of playing 7.1 audio content thru hdmi out - older system was not having those compatibility).

If your TV has arc out, may be you can with your TV playing the content with usb port(if it is available and capable of )

If movie file with 7.1 audio content played in above all condition ,AVR will do down mix to 5.1 and play according to your speaker config.

Last edited:
Actually my TV should be able to play the m2ts extension from HDD but TV is not Dolby TrueHD or DTS-MA certified.
So my question is will it be able to pass through the audio to AVR?
AFAIK Arc is not fast enough to pass through lossless signal.
I am going to buy Denon 1400 AVR.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back