HT Setup Budget (50k to 1L)

Actually my TV should be able to play the m2ts extension from HDD but TV is not Dolby TrueHD or DTS-MA certified.
So my question is will it be able to pass through the audio to AVR?

Your TV has android inbuilt, but it doesn't have HDMI out.. Mostly your TV might have optical out (or) HDMI-ARC functionality.. But both of them can only send lossy tracks back to AVR.. Meaning, even if you play DTS-MA / Dolby TrueHD BR Rips on TV, you will get only DTS / Dolby (lossy) signals on your AVR..

Currently I own android TV (Sony W950c) and entery level laptop and PS4.

I have never owned a PS.. If you laptop has HDMI out, as FM @reachkalyan.kr mentioned, it would be best to install Kodi application and configure the audio settings in it so that the AVR receives the losless signal from your laptop (DTS-MA / Dolby TrueHD)

If you laptop has HDMI out, as FM @reachkalyan.kr mentioned, it would be best to install Kodi application and configure the audio settings in it so that the AVR receives the losless signal from your laptop (DTS-MA / Dolby TrueHD)

Thanks I will definitely try that.

Also, can you recommend a mount for OWM3?
and cheap speaker stand for emotive B1?

Also, can you recommend a mount for OWM3?

Think, OWM3 comes with optional mount accesory.. So when you buy it from the dealer, you can ask for the same.. Otherwise, you can buy MX brackets from ebay.in for Rs 500/-..

and cheap speaker stand for emotive B1?

If you purchase solid quality stands (soundfoundations), they might cost you atlest 7K for a good one.. If you want to do it really inexpensive, get a 14 inch portable TV stand from local electronics store, which will take the weight of this speaker..Each one might cost around Rs 500..

But if you consider a wall mount capable speaker like Emotiva E1, then you can save 7K..

Hi,
Think, OWM3 comes with optional mount accesory.. So when you buy it from the dealer, you can ask for the same.. Otherwise, you can buy MX brackets from ebay.in for Rs 500/-..

If you purchase solid quality stands (soundfoundations), they might cost you atlest 7K for a good one.. If you want to do it really inexpensive, get a 14 inch portable TV stand from local electronics store, which will take the weight of this speaker..Each one might cost around Rs 500..

But if you consider a wall mount capable speaker like Emotiva E1, then you can save 7K..

Are you talking about this one?
https://m.ebay.in/itm/MX-2pc-Speake...unting-Bracket-MX3306-/272997136671?hash=MQ==
Or this one
https://www.amazon.in/MX-Speaker-Mount-Bracket-Mounting/dp/B076BKBHZ3

So, I have finally ordered B1, C1, OWM3, BIC America PL200 II and Denon X1400.
Now constant refreshing of fedex tracking page begins :p
I will probably go to local furniture shop and show him one of the DIY stand and give him dimensions to make a MDF speaker stand.

So, I have finally ordered B1, C1, OWM3, BIC America PL200 II and Denon X1400.
Now constant refreshing of fedex tracking page begins :p

Congrats..

I will probably go to local furniture shop and show him one of the DIY stand and give him dimensions to make a MDF speaker stand.

If you want to do it really inexpensive, get a 14 inch portable TV stand from local electronics store, which will take the weight of this speaker..Each one might cost around Rs 500..

This was the mount i got for my earlier BS speakers..
0PkIStg.jpg

If you have pc or laptop Install kodi/older Xbmc SW and pass thru the audio in audio settings.(your source should be capable of playing 7.1 audio content thru hdmi out - older system was not having those compatibility).

If your TV has arc out, may be you can with your TV playing the content with usb port(if it is available and capable of )

If movie file with 7.1 audio content played in above all condition ,AVR will do down mix to 5.1 and play according to your speaker config.

If you dont mind me asking can you post a guide for getting the same working, I have installed Kodi on my laptop (Dell 5559, it has HDMI Out).
Also, how can I verify what kind audio signal is currently passed through?

If you dont mind me asking can you post a guide for getting the same working, I have installed Kodi on my laptop (Dell 5559, it has HDMI Out).
Afaik only way you can verify with your AVR connected in hdmi port,whether it is doing pass thru or not.
Btw did you received your AVR?
Once you received your AVR connect laptop thru hdmi port and start play around with help of below link
Pass thru
Atb

Here is some link that can help you check if you have made correct audio settings.. https://www.smarthomebeginner.com/kodi-audio-settings/

Once you open the Kodi application, enable expert mode in the bottom left hand corner on the audio settings..

Make sure you select "WASAPI your AVR model " under both Audio output device & Passthrough device"..

If you have done the setting correctly, play any Movie BR Rip on your laptop.. You must see either DTS / HDMA/ X MA/ Dolby / True HD / Atmos on your AVR display depending on what audio track is in the BR Rip..

Configure the settings & update here.. Provide screen shot of your settings if you can..members can help you further..

Wall mounting works for some....for me..since space is a premium..yes it does...

Yes...dealers tend to push non moving products to new bees who dont know much....then you end up with the bad product
with a budget of 50k which would be the best wall mountable bookshelf u would recommend

with a budget of 50k which would be the best wall mountable bookshelf u would recommend
Hi, budget got increased to 1.5L :)
Any way, I have received the AVR, Front speakers, surround and sub.
I made a error, ordered E1 instead of C1, silly typing mistake. So had to return the same to the dealer and I should receive the center today. Dealer charged 3k extra for exchanging E1 with C1.

Hi, budget got increased to 1.5L :)
Any way, I have received the AVR, Front speakers, surround and sub.
I made a error, ordered E1 instead of C1, silly typing mistake. So had to return the same to the dealer and I should receive the center today. Dealer charged 3k extra for exchanging E1 with C1.

Congratulations Abhisheak,

Please post pics and initial impressions once u have everything set up.

Hi

There is nothing like the best or worst.....very few models end up being the worst....overall most are good....again it depends on budget and the way the speaker is designed / constructed.....

What may be bliss for me will be poison for you.....everyone's hearing and performance expectations differ. It also relates to placement and adjustments of the room.

Brands to look at: Boston, Polks (T or RTiA series), JBLs, Some models of Taga, etc.

Audition and decide basis performance and your budget

How can I mount center channel Emotiva C1 on wall just under the TV?
Yes.That would be the ideal option for placing.
I think C1 does not have mounting hole option at back side. you have to place it on top of your entertainment/AV cabinet or if your budget permits you can go for some fancy stuff like This

Last edited:
Yes.That would be the ideal option for placing.
I think C1 does not have mounting hole option at back side. you have to place it on top of your entertainment/AV cabinet or if your budget permits you can go for some fancy stuff like This

The above Amazon option is frankly bit too costly, anything cheaper in the range for less than 2k?

Else I am thinking of going for custom built Table like this, as I will be able to keep AVR, PS4, DTH, Nintendo Switch on it.:

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back