HT under 35k

memyselfandkaran

hello alll...i just want to enquire about the best available 5.1
HT system under 35k,will be mostly used for movie viewing.the area is around 250 sq ft...i ll use it on 51samsung 8000series n sony bluray player..

first of all
no sony,lg or samsung audio products please....
ur options are

onkyo 3400. 23k
onkyo 3500. 27k
denon 1312xp. 32k
yamaha 298/296. 34k maybe less

imho go for separate and add step aby step.

get an entry level avr like denon 1311/1612--25k or less
onkyo 390--20k or less

and

2 bookshelfs...from sonodyne/wharfedale/polk..within rest of the budget..

add centre ch. rears and sub later.

this way u will have a good system...no comaprison with packaged ht system in fact...
and money will be well spent..otherwise chances are high that after getting packeged ht u will be dispoonted by the performance and jump for a upgrade...
so think and plan before actual investment...

Last edited:
HT system under 35k,will be mostly used for movie viewing.the area is around 250 sq ft...i ll use it on 51samsung 8000series n sony bluray player..

Hi
Welcome to HFV.

You could have spent some time on the forum looking for existing answers. There are dozens of thread with similar requirement.

Dude, if you can up-down from Gurgaon, The Jamo Showroom here has a really good 5.1(Now Discontinued) for sale around Rs.20000. It sounds pretty good. And it has floorstanding speakers instead of satellites, you can also check for a good receiver under Rs.20000 and you are good to go. Most Showrooms have demo pieces, and if you do not have a problem with that, pick up a demo receiver at around 40-50% less price.

Last edited:
Dude, if you can up-down from Gurgaon, The Jamo Showroom here has a really good 5.1(Now Discontinued) for sale around Rs.2000. It sounds pretty good. And it has floorstanding speakers instead of satellites, you can also check for a good receiver under Rs.20000 and you are good to go. Most Showrooms have demo pieces, and if you do not have a problem with that, pick up a demo receiver at around 40-50% less price.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, which model and where's the jamo showroom situated. Thanks :)

Prosenjit's advice is the way to go. That way the eventual sound quality is beyond comparison to any HTiBs.
Here is what I did, I got myself a Yamaha 371 AVR for 19K from Reliance Digital, this is a discontinued model from Yamaha, and so the price was lesser than usual. I bought a pair of Sonodyne 1501 BS as the fronts, and am using a pair of Sony bookshelves from an old Sony HiFi system as the rears. One of the satellites from my computer's Edifier DA5000 is deputizing as the center for now, but that will change soon.
This is serving me really really well, I will add a center, a Sub Woofer in the coming months. And probably will invest in even better quality BS speakers, but that has to be taken slow.
All of this is hooked up to my computer with Toslink connection via its Asus Xonar D2X sound card. I am happy!
You will find almost everyone in this forum and in many many threads suggesting newcomers to go with separates, they did the same to me and I listened. For that I am glad.

as per ear of yours.....
btw onkyo is good for movies

btw 3500 and 3400 is of no difference practically
get 3400 for less...than 3500..save money

still suggest for separate avr and speakers...

i have 3400 and can say..the supplied speakers are just notoruis...go separate..
i have heard onkyo avr+whardale in my sister in laws place many times(that also a old non hdmi wala onk avr)hehe

just no match..simply...

separate is king

Last edited:
A little extra work to go with separates, but the rewards are much greater :)
I am not that much experienced to suggest different combos, but here are plenty of people who will. An entry level HT setup like the Onkyo will do for movies, but if you sometimes wish to enjoy music then it will leave you pretty empty.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back