HTIB 25K Budget

Can you guys please suggest me, which one is superior between Philips HTS4750 and Philips HTS3569 'n' whats the difference? Also, does Philips got any HTS systems without DVD player coz I will be buying a Panny/Sony Blueray player soon, so I may not require the DVD player at all. Your thoughts please guys:).

Last edited:
Can you guys please suggest me, which one is superior between Philips HTS4750 and Philips HTS3569 'n' whats the difference? Also, does Philips got any HTS systems without DVD player coz I will be buying a Panny/Sony Blueray player soon, so I may not require the DVD player at all. Your thoughts please guys:).

Please read the previous entries in this very thread. You will need an AVR that will decode HD Audio if you plan to go the Blu-Ray route, which basically rules out the Philips and most entry level HTIBs. Better save on the money and pickup something that will do HD Audio or the Blu-Ray player will not make sense. BTW if you don't want an inbuilt DVDP then you will need to look at separates or entry level HTIBs from Onkyo/Yamaha that are sold as separates instead of an integrated unit, but like I said all are without HD Audio so don't make sense. First decide on your future course of action i.e. if you will be going with HD Audio/Blu-Ray. If so then make sure its an AVR that will handle HD Audio formats like Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio since that's the future in home entertainment.

Finally, I was not impressed with the Philips HTS3569, but Philips HTS4750 is rated quite high by many here, so await inputs from others.

MoserW thanks for your inputs. Yaa, I read all the entries in this thread (plus so many threads), but honestly am not geek like madbullram or you in this, in fact you guys scare me when you all discuss those electronics jargons:( however, I learnt a lot in the last few days coz of this forum, so thanks guys:).

Okies, here you all suggested something like Onkyo 606 for TrueHD audio, again you all saying Onkyos are mainly good for movies but not for music which unfortunately isn't very appealing to me:eek:. I am not looking for any future proof HT systems, in fact I can ditch the thought of buying a blueray player at moment but just want an allround performer with the looks of Megan Fox:D.

MoserW thanks for your inputs. Yaa, I read all the entries in this thread (plus so many threads), but honestly am not geek like madbullram or you in this, in fact you guys scare me when you all discuss those electronics jargons:( however, I learnt a lot in the last few days coz of this forum, so thanks guys:).

Okies, here you all suggested something like Onkyo 606 for TrueHD audio, again you all saying Onkyos are mainly good for movies but not for music which unfortunately isn't very appealing to me:eek:. I am not looking for any future proof HT systems, in fact I can ditch the thought of buying a blueray player at moment but just want an allround performer with the looks of Megan Fox:D.

In that case there are excellent entry level HTIBs from Yamaha and Onkyo. I am sure others will suggest Philips too and more importantly there exist solutions to suit every budget. Music is not very good on the entry level HTIBs from Yamaha/Onkyo. Regarding Philips others will have to chip in since I have not used anything other than a Philips Powerhouse for an extended period of time. If you have the budget planned for it then do take a look at the new AVRs from Yamaha. Very good for both music and movies and future proof too (though such a thing does not exist in technology).

Thanks mate, i am not geek, infact i am in my infancy in Sound and Video :)

I think the Philips HTiB is the best solution for you. I can vouch Philips HTS 4750 can tear apart any entry level HTiB of Onkyo, Yamaha or Denon both performance and price wise. There is no comparison here. I own 4750 and I say that with 3.5 yrs of experience.

Now, tomorrow you can buy a BDP and directly connect the video connection to the TV and send the audio channel through digital to the Philips HTib (thats what i have done) and you have future made HTiB ready. You will get awesome 5.1 DTS/Dobly.

If you are in the route of AVR , then go for 606 from Onkyo which has TrueHD capabilities. This will keep things good for next 5-6 years.

Comparing 4750 and 3569, you can read the specs for the difference, apart from the technical differences, I rate 4750 better bcos:

1. The center speaker was very good
2. Active subs have a good tight base compared to 3569
3. Compliments a Plasma/LCD very well and has contemprary look with wall hanging speakers.

Do shoot specific question so i can help you :)

I think the Philips HTiB is the best solution for you. I can vouch Philips HTS 4750 can tear apart any entry level HTiB of Onkyo, Yamaha or Denon both performance and price wise. There is no comparison here. I own 4750 and I say that with 3.5 yrs of experience.

Moserw, Music is the main reason why I am planning to buy the HT system, its like 95% Music : 5% Movies so entry level HTIBs from Yamaha/Onkya not an option I guess.

MBR, I knew you are the owner of both Panny PV8 'n' Philips 4750, so who would be a better person other than you in helping me when I am also gonna to buy both next week:). The confusion raised when I read that 3569 is a latest model (with some Wooden stuff) from Philips, which made me to think that 4750 is indeed an old model:confused:, hence posted the question here.

I am a big fan of R'n'B and Hip-Hop genre so solid Bass is a must for me, hope 4750 won't disappoint in this aspect.

In addition, I read somewhere that if we add the Servo Vertex Stabilizer in our setup then it shall improve the PQ of Plasma drastically. I pretty much doubt that hype but is that true by any chance? or its just like Axe effect marketing gimmick of Women fallin all over you:D.

Last edited:
Moserw, Music is the main reason why I am planning to buy the HT system, its like 95% Music : 5% Movies so entry level HTIBs from Yamaha/Onkya not an option I guess.

MBR, I knew you are the owner of both Panny PV8 'n' Philips 4750, so who would be a better person other than you in helping me when I am also gonna to buy both next week:). The confusion raised when I read that 3569 is a latest model (with some Wooden stuff) from Philips, which made me to think that 4750 is indeed an old model:confused:, hence posted the question here.

I am a big fan of R'n'B and Hip-Hop genre so solid Bass is a must for me, hope 4750 won't disappoint in this aspect.

In addition, I read somewhere that if we add the Servo Vertex Stabilizer in our setup then it shall improve the PQ of Plasma drastically. I pretty much doubt that hype but is that true by any chance? or its just like Axe effect marketing gimmick of Women fallin all over you:D.

If 95% music then my sincere advice is test 4750. Its a solid system but its an allround system. So it has balance for both music and movie. If you are music addict, my suggestion would be buy 4750 or 3569 which comes to around 20 - 22k and invest in a nice 2.1 system for music with Cambridge or CA. Trust me thats the best you can if you love music :)

Servo thingy, only person has experienced better PQ others haven't. Even I tried in mine using a friends system and I couldn't find any difference. But one thing I can tell is, last week, we had sudden surge in voltage. My microwave circuit got burnt and its dead now, my Pana which was also on at that time was saved by the Guardian stabilizer that I had which instantly cut of the connection.

I have heard few arguments saying stabilizer is useless and I am not power guy, but I practically saw the use last week.

A HT system should strictly be a no-no especially for the kind of music you listen to. A 2.0/2.1 system would be the best route. I would say even the Philips 4750 would not work for music based on its technical specifications. BTW the new Yamaha AVRs are actually the best for music that I have come across in quite some time. They do beg an audition for music especially Yamaha 663 onwards but they do cost upwards of 50K or so and would not be feasible in the stated budget.

If 95% music then my sincere advice is test 4750. If you are music addict, my suggestion would be buy 4750 or 3569 which comes to around 20 - 22k and invest in a nice 2.1 system for music with Cambridge or CA.

Sure, I will try to audition 4750 @ Philips Arena (Chennai), hopefully that should do the job for me:). [Cambridge or CA] You mean, buying extra 2.1 Cambridge/CA speakers then connect the same with the Philips receiver for Music. Hmm, but it might look kinda you know in a weird way, I mean so many speakers hanging around in your living room:confused:.

I have heard few arguments saying stabilizer is useless and I am not power guy, but I practically saw the use last week.

Aint denying that point, in fact for that reasons budget oriented V-Guards wud do fine for us, but does the Servo 1kva/2kva which costing around 10k would drastically improve the PQ?:eek:.

A HT system should strictly be a no-no especially for the kind of music you listen to. A 2.0/2.1 system would be the best route. I would say even the Philips 4750 would not work for music based on its technical specifications. BTW the new Yamaha AVRs are actually the best for music that I have come across in quite some time. They do beg an audition for music especially Yamaha 663 onwards but they do cost upwards of 50K or so and would not be feasible in the stated budget.

Yamaha 663 AVR itself costing upwards 40k, then Speakers + Player, so I don't think it fits within my budget Moserw:(. If possible, could you please suggest me the best 2.1 system so that I will try to explore on that route. I would love to get the system that resembles of Bose speakers output, I mean the sound should be very clear but not too noisy, etc...

Yamaha 663 AVR itself costing upwards 40k, then Speakers + Player, so I don't think it fits within my budget Moserw:(. If possible, could you please suggest me the best 2.1 system so that I will try to explore on that route. I would love to get the system that resembles of Bose speakers output, I mean the sound should be very clear but not too noisy, etc...

The best music system? I used to use a high-end CDP that broke down. More than that I had a problem with CDs getting scratched and not playing and this pinched me more than anything else. My solution - Move the entire music collection to the PC. At under 30K you can assemble a very good PC that will handle all media formats, have practically unlimited storage and even more so keep all CDs safe since they are ripped into FLAC on the PC.

From here you can move to high end with audiophile soundcards, good speakers, etc.

At under 25K unfortunately you cannot assemble even an entry level music unit. Even a decent unit will cost 80K to upwards of 1 lac factoring in the speakers, CDP, Stereo amp, cables, etc. Local Indian brands exist which will be cheaper, but I guess we Indians have a mental block or something and look down on our own brands. Not me personally, but I've been doing the rounds with a friend who does not like the sound from any Indian brand like Sonodyne, Norge, etc. He in fact prefers Bose even though they are terribly overpriced and for the given budget a much higher end unit can be assembled. If you can go with local Indian brands then you can get much better VFM and bang for buck.

The best solutions for you are if you have a PC then start thinking of moving the music playing to the PC. The other option is to get an entry level HTIB that will have upgrading options like adding different speakers later on. Music on the entry level HTIBs is very lacking because of the satellite speakers they come with. Getting a good pair of FS does improve SQ.

Explore your options and then decide. If budget is a constraint then start with an entry level HTIB from Onkyo, Yamaha, Philips, etc. but do audition all of them yourself and carry your own music with you. What works for one need not necessarily work for another. I personally found Philips 3569 to be very flat and with lots of distortion at high volume. In fact music was much better on the Onkyo and Yamaha and for movies they practically killed the Philips. MBR will have the opposite view I am sure. Its possible you will have an entirely different view yourself. So audition yourself and decide for yourself. In terms of connectivity and for future upgrades i.e. adding other speakers later on the Onkyo and Yamaha give a lot of options with their AVR. Not sure this is possible with the Philips. Check all such options before going ahead and spending any money...

Agent ji, try Philips Arena. If you cant get a demo come home if you are in chennai and take a demo at home.

Also, since I see you are in chennai (prev post), like Moser suggested, a dedicated 2.1 system (not connecting speakers to Philips) is the best for a Music Lover. 4750 or most of the HT setups will not satisfy a music lover. HTs are made for a specific reason and manufactures tune them to be allround systems.

Since you are in chennai, my suggestion is decide on your budget and prioritise. Mark of Craftel makes some excellent Floor Standing (search the forum for detailed post by Venkatcr and Muthuswamy). You can buy them and get started and trust me they sound very nice and cost very very less compared to expensive system.

Then if you have a budget go for 4750 which 250% satisfy your 5% movie requirement :)

Few links to help u:
http://www.hifivision.com/reviews/1479-muthusamis-stereo-setup-review.html

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/1391-any-idea-craftel-audiocraft.html

http://www.hifivision.com/my-audio-...here-post9128.html?highlight=craftel#post9128

http://www.hifivision.com/surround-...tel-dgl-5000-ht-amp-audiocraft-chennai-2.html

Last edited:
I personally found Philips 3569 to be very flat and with lots of distortion at high volume. In fact music was much better on the Onkyo and Yamaha and for movies they practically killed the Philips. MBR will have the opposite view I am sure. Its possible you will have an entirely different view yourself.

No exactly bcos I havent tested 3569 extensively. If its 4750 then def completely opposite view :)

At under 25K unfortunately you cannot assemble even an entry level music unit. Even a decent unit will cost 80K to upwards of 1 lac factoring in the speakers, CDP, Stereo amp, cables, etc. Local Indian brands exist which will be cheaper, but I guess we Indians have a mental block or something and look down on our own brands. Not me personally, but I've been doing the rounds with a friend who does not like the sound from any Indian brand like Sonodyne, Norge, etc. He in fact prefers Bose even though they are terribly overpriced and for the given budget a much higher end unit can be assembled. If you can go with local Indian brands then you can get much better VFM and bang for buck.

Moserw, sorry for my ignorance. TBH, my exposure to Music systems is pretty much limited with just my Grado-SR80 headphones 'n' Logitech X-230/Z5500 desktop speakers. I don't even got the idea about how high end system sounds like other than BOSE. Anywayz, thanks a lot for your inputs, I will surely check all the options including Indian brands. [Mental block] Yeah, somehow its always there, and also you know the Indian speakers don't look that sexy:p. Budget is not such a big constraint, its just I felt that a Music system of 100k+ may not justify its price tag (just to me not for all):rolleyes:.

Also, since I see you are in chennai (prev post), like Moser suggested, a dedicated 2.1 system (not connecting speakers to Philips) is the best for a Music Lover. 4750 or most of the HT setups will not satisfy a music lover. HTs are made for a specific reason and manufactures tune them to be allround systems.

Since you are in chennai, my suggestion is decide on your budget and prioritise. Mark of Craftel makes some excellent Floor Standing (search the forum for detailed post by Venkatcr and Muthuswamy). You can buy them and get started and trust me they sound very nice and cost very very less compared to expensive system.

MBR, thanks for the links and I will surely check with the Audiocraft systems along with Sonodyne, etc... BTW, yesterday you suggested Cambridge/CA for Music but today Craftel, a bit confusing to me you know:confused:.

Buying an all-in-one HT system is the top priority though I can postpone the plans for Music systems if both couldnt fit into my budget coz my Grado SR80 doing fine for Music:) I am always a Philips fan, so 4750 will be in my top of the list along with Moserw suggested Yamaha 'n' Onkyo systems.

MBR, thanks for the links and I will surely check with the Audiocraft systems along with Sonodyne, etc... BTW, yesterday you suggested Cambridge/CA for Music but today Craftel, a bit confusing to me you know:confused:.

Buying an all-in-one HT system is the top priority though I can postpone the plans for Music systems if both couldnt fit into my budget coz my Grado SR80 doing fine for Music:) I am always a Philips fan, so 4750 will be in my top of the list along with Moserw suggested Yamaha 'n' Onkyo systems.

I suggested Cambridge/CA for amplifiers. Again, I took a safe route but if budget aint a constraint you can look at NAD and so on. Just check out the forum for reviews on various combination. Also, to start you might just invest on a good amp and floor standing ones and leave the sub out of budget is tight. Never compromise on the speakers, they should have priority.

If you want a VFM system, look at Craftel, I am not a great fan of Sonodyne. Philips would be great for your movie experience.

If you are in chennai you can also ping Muthuswami and meet him for a craftel home experience :)

HTIB Under 30K

Iam constructing a new Home and have asked my electrician to provide sockets for a 5.1 channel Home Theatre.
Iam an layman in this area so please forgive all ignorance.
Is there any special wires that the electrician needs to use for the speakers,he plans to use normal telephone wires.
Could you please suggest a good HTiB in the under 30 K range. Iam looking at Philips 3569 also heard good review about LG HT 902TB.Please share your thoughts.
As a last option do you think it would be wise if i could get a third party to fit up independent devices at my place within that budget(Is there somone in Bangalore who does a good job?)
Thanks
PSJ

hi madbullram, i checked with dealers and they made me disappointed by saying 4750 has been discontinued.. and some 3366 is d replacement.. hows it?

hi madbullram, i checked with dealers and they made me disappointed by saying 4750 has been discontinued.. and some 3366 is d replacement.. hows it?

Just checked with Philips Arena Chennai. MRP is 23000 sale price is 21000 available on order with 3 days delivery time.

3366 is not in the same line of 4750. Its good but wont rate as good as 4750. Contact Philips Arena Pune:
Philips Arena - Pune (Bibvewadi)
634/9A/3, Supreme Plaza, Bibvewadi, Pune - 411 037.
Tel : (020) 24214002 / 56233513

Philips Arena - Pune (Sadashiv Peth)
Yashodhan Complex,1561, Opp. Navi Peth Talim Kendra, Sadashiv Peth, Pune- 30.
Tel : (020) 24331844 / 4338886 / 25350911

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back