HTPC for 15 to 20 k

kpkini

What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

Maxtor hard drive 160 GB
Monitor - Sony Bravia 46 inch
Cabinet - Zebronics flair
SMPS - The one which come with the cabinet
Speakers - 5.1 Fenda 6000 with analog input

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Maxtor hard drive 160 GB
Monitor - Sony Bravia 46 inch
Cabinet - Zebronics flair
SMPS - The one which come with the cabinet
Speakers - 5.1 Fenda 6000 with analog input

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - AMD 2.1 GHz FM1 uPGA A6 3500 Processor (AMD 2.1 GHz FM1 uPGA A6 3500 Processor | Processor | Flipkart.com)

Motherboard - ASUS F1A55-M Motherboard :)//www.flipkart.com/asus-f1a55-m-motherboard/p/itmd5ppvye9kurtq?pid=MBDD5PPVJRXG4YEU)

RAM - G.Skill Sniper DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9S-4GBSR)

BD ROM - Asus BW-12B1ST Internal Optical Drive (Black)

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
No

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City)
Bangalore
Open to online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
HTPC
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies, Blu rays mainly from UK, so the ROM should be able to play discs from UK
Occassional Gaming (FPS ) COD
Browsing
Desktop Processing

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
No

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Occassional Gaming (FPS ) COD, Counter strike

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Not sure about the LCD, its sony bravia 46 inch

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Ubuntu withXBMC and win 7 with XBMC

Your selection of components is very good. I have the same A6 processor. I suggest the A75 mother board as it has usb 3.0 support. Also get 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM. If gskill is costly, get corsair ddr3. You should upgrade the PSU. Get a very good smps from corsair. I think my smps is vsx 450 builder series. Also get BD Writer if there is not much price difference. If your TV is 3D, then add a GPU with 3D and HD audio support.

as baiju has already said, get faster RAMs with low latency. Since AMD Processor and onboard graphics die share same ram, the performance of the APU, graphics wise, is greatly affected by faster RAM. A55 vs A75 is debatable, it all depends whether you need usb 3.0 and SATA III. SATAIII wont be useful if you are using a mechanical hard disk. WAIT!! is that maxtor an IDE hard disk? because A55 motherboards dont have IDE.

Yeah they will be out .. But the Mobo s might take more time... I guess waiting for the prices of llano to fall would be a better choice ??!!

err a bit OT ..... Whats all with this questionnaire ..???

Hi,
AMD's Trinity are out, I think these will be available by the month's end..
Desktop PCs with AMD Accelerated Processors
I am hoping to buy one of these with the following (or similar) motherboard A55 / USB 3 / Sata II / 8 Channel Audio out
ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS F2A55-M

I really liked the look of the A6-3500 as well but was put off when I heard AMD is going to change their socket for their new processors. So I went with Intel instead. Please see below for the build I did a couple of weeks ago.

Intel DH67BL motherboard Sata III and USB 3.0
Intel G620 dual core processor
Corsair Vengence 4 GB
OCZ 60GB SSD
WD Green 1 TB HDD
Corsair builder series 430 W PSU
Ubuntu 12.04 with XBMC

Saved serious money by not buying Windows 7 and instead spent the money on an SSD.

This worked great out of the box with HDMI connected to my 720p Infocus IN76 projector and Onkyo 674 7.1 receiver.

Really fast and problem free! Love the XBMC android remote app which does everything including even volume control. I get 720p and 5.1 digital sound over HDMI.

I didn't need a discrete video card and saved money that way. Highly recommended.

I really wanted to support AMD but the change in socket meant motherboard change when I wanted to upgrade in the future. Whereas Intel 1155 socket seems to have a good shelf life.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back