Hunt starts for a 3D TV. Plasma or LED?

SBS is not full resolution. 3D BluRay ISO is the only best option to enjoy 3D movies. Once you watch the movie in Frame Sequential format, you will forget everything.. :D

SBS is not full resolution. 3D BluRay ISO is the only best option to enjoy 3D movies. Once you watch the movie in Frame Sequential format, you will forget everything.. :D

to register, we need to have an invitation code.....if anyone registered earlier can send an invitation to register....

I second that ..!! :)

Yes if you have THOUSANDS to invest in the BR :D Else, SBS seems to be the best bet (I am not promoting piracy here, but suggesting cost management instead :)) Alternatively we could start a BR club/rental service like Seventymm.com does for DVD.

^^ Invest!!! Who said anything about investing, even I am not promoting piracy but all you need is a 2-4mbps connection ....:)

Last edited:
thanks for all pppl..for helping
akhij your review was specially helpful..thanks
just bought 55lw5700 thx

pls also help me give the link to download the 3d movies now :)
also..what is sbs ..hehe

thanks for all pppl..for helping
akhij your review was specially helpful..thanks
just bought 55lw5700 thx

pls also help me give the link to download the 3d movies now :)
also..what is sbs ..hehe

Congratts man you won't regret it. For 3d movies check pm......:)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

^^ Invest!!! Who said anything about investing, even I am not promoting piracy but all you need is a 2-4mbps connection ....:)

And you think you would get FS 1080p 3D content through that?

Will your TV support FS 1080p 3D content through network?

And where would you source it from?

What is SBS ? :confused:
SBS - Side by Side 3D. A regular 2D picture containing 2 images side by side (for left and right eye). When you select SBS mode on a 3D TV, you will get convincing overlapped Frame Sequential (FS) 3D content. However the effective 3D resolution gets reduced to half this way. So a SBS 3D presented in 1920x1080 (Full HD or 1080p resolution) will only have 960x1080 content for each eye.

Its looks something like this ...

downloadphpid112260187s.png

The upside of above is, that any 2D BD can be ripped to make it 3D. A good ripper who knows how to convert can convert any BD 2D movie in to SBS 3D and if done correctly gives tremendous result. Confirm with akhil he has Tangled which is SBS 3D converted from a 2D Bluray and gives exceptionaly good results. I would also add that this method works best with animated movies .....

SBS - Side by Side 3D. A regular 2D picture containing 2 images side by side (for left and right eye). When you select SBS mode on a 3D TV, you will get convincing overlapped Frame Sequential (FS) 3D content. However the effective 3D resolution gets reduced to half this way. So a SBS 3D presented in 1920x1080 (Full HD or 1080p resolution) will only have 960x1080 content for each eye.

Yes right. Frame Sequential is actual 3D. 1080p each eye.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

There are 100s of 3D BD ISOs uploaded on internet. Those who dont want to purchase can download them and watch actual 3D.

Those who asked for links, i have sent them PM. Those who want invitation can PM me. I have just 3 more invitations left..!

There are 100s of 3D BD ISOs uploaded on internet. Those who dont want to purchase can download them and watch actual 3D.

So can u guys just clarify...without any further investment on h/w or any other 3d playing device,u can simply d/l these 3D BD ISO files & put them into a HDD & Connect that to the tv through its usb port & just play them like any regular video files?

Now the main question here,..does the LG 3d tv plays these 3D BD ISO's(through its USB port)?...or can my New Samsung 51D550 3D Tv also play so(through its usb port?(never tried that as i dont have any of these 3D BD Iso's)???....afair...my last attempt to play even a DVD iso(of a ORIGINAL DVD Movie Disc) was a FAILURE through the usb port of my New Samsung D550 Tv from my External HDD....just that my PCH plays dvd iso with all menu's & everything just like a SADVDP!

So what's the deal with these 3D BD ISO's?

What I can confirm is that LG plays 3d mkvs off the USB stick just fine. I am not sure about iso. And yes you just dl any 3d mkv and LG plays it off USB. Else you can use tmt5 if you wanna play these off you HDD. More details Akhil can present.

hi i just bought the lg5700 as recommended by you.
special thanks to you !!

pls help me in the following things
1) is it possible to use output sound to my hometheatre ? if yes how to do that.
i already have connected the hdmi from tv to hometheatre, but saw no option on the control to do it.
2) how to watch 3d movies on it .
3) what do the 3-4 options of 3d mean on lg.. when i press 3d..one is 2d->3d which i understand, but rest i dont understand,
4) any site to download 3d movies ?
5) i downloaded two 3d movies from torrent, i can see the clearly its 3d, like the images on it have 2 layers, but how to watch in 3d tv..such that it is 3d.. tried putting the glassed but it wont work.

6) any recommended setting you would suggest, pls advice.

thanks
regards

What I can confirm is that LG plays 3d mkvs off the USB stick just fine. I am not sure about iso. And yes you just dl any 3d mkv and LG plays it off USB. Else you can use tmt5 if you wanna play these off you HDD. More details Akhil can present.

I don't think any current TV can play ISOs, however we might be able to rip the actual BR image to the HDD and try to play through USB.

hi i just bought the lg5700 as recommended by you.
special thanks to you !!

pls help me in the following things
1) is it possible to use output sound to my hometheatre ? if yes how to do that.
i already have connected the hdmi from tv to hometheatre, but saw no option on the control to do it.
2) how to watch 3d movies on it .
3) what do the 3-4 options of 3d mean on lg.. when i press 3d..one is 2d->3d which i understand, but rest i dont understand,
4) any site to download 3d movies ?
5) i downloaded two 3d movies from torrent, i can see the clearly its 3d, like the images on it have 2 layers, but how to watch in 3d tv..such that it is 3d.. tried putting the glassed but it wont work.

6) any recommended setting you would suggest, pls advice.

thanks
regards
Best is to use the Optical Audio output from the TV to your AVR (home theater - assuming it has an optical input). However, multichannel sound from other HDMI source on the TV may not work as atleast Samsung downconvert to stereo to be passed through Optical output.

HDMI Audio Return Channel may/may not be available on your TV (please see the TV Manual). Also, most of the current TVs output stereo sound only through ARC.

There are several different 3D formats (like those color coded overlapped images of Red-Cyan Anaglyph 3D) like Side by Side (Left and Right images on either half of a 2D image), Top and Bottom (similar to SBS, Top and Bottom portion contains Left and Right image), Interlaced (this is exactly how your LG Cinema 3D displays 3D on your TV - Left and Right images interleaved in horizontal lines of the image), Checkerboard - left and right image separated by horizontal and vertical lines.

These above major 3D formats embedded on a 2D picture are supported by most of the current 3D TVs.

So can u guys just clarify...without any further investment on h/w or any other 3d playing device,u can simply d/l these 3D BD ISO files & put them into a HDD & Connect that to the tv through its usb port & just play them like any regular video files?

Now the main question here,..does the LG 3d tv plays these 3D BD ISO's(through its USB port)?...or can my New Samsung 51D550 3D Tv also play so(through its usb port?(never tried that as i dont have any of these 3D BD Iso's)???....afair...my last attempt to play even a DVD iso(of a ORIGINAL DVD Movie Disc) was a FAILURE through the usb port of my New Samsung D550 Tv from my External HDD....just that my PCH plays dvd iso with all menu's & everything just like a SADVDP!

So what's the deal with these 3D BD ISO's?

No, you cannot play ISO directly from TV. You need a PC to mount the ISO on Virtual Drive and play it with TMT5 (My preference). You dont need a discrete Graphics Card to play 3D movies and bitstream HD Audio. Intel H67 Chipset does all this just fine. The onboard GPU is pretty powerful to play media content. It has HDMI 1.4a on board and Sandy Bridge processors does the GPU job well.

But the TV playes DivX HD, MKV and other popular formats just fine. SBS movies are usually encoded with x264 with mkv container and that this TV plays well. Moreover it has an Optical out port which sends 5.1 audio to your AVR..

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back