Hunt starts for a 3D TV. Plasma or LED?

@akhil7j ;
Niice snaps, how accurate is the magic remote btw ?

Its pretty accurate. Based on RF not IR. So you dont have to point it towards TV. Its very useful actually.

Nice TV akhil, congrats again.

Whats the other concept speaker next to EPOS? :)

Thanks Kittu. The other one is Dali Concept. :) I use it for my living room actually. For my HT, i only use M12i and M22i. :)

I think you missed the portion towards the end of the review, the author has not compared a specific feature exclusively, he has rather expressed his view on the "Overall 3d experience" ;) ... if you wish to discredit that then i cant oppose, go ahead :D

Frankly didnt read the review completely, but over all 3D experience for this one is way ahead then any 3D TV available in th market currently ......
With frame sequential on full 1080p resolution in cinema 3D, the 3D is just amazing. I specially went to Akhil to have a demo of AVATAR full 3D BD ISO and I was just blown by the experience. Personally I was not a fan of 3D as such specially after the disappointing cinema 3D shows of india. But this TV has brought hope to 3D. I can now seriously say 3D is here to stay.

And when you mean Plasma's are dull, that's generalization. Plasma offer more natural colors. Of-course if you choose a dynamic picture profile even plasmas will begin to look like pseudo LED TV's . Its more or less like comparing a snap taken with a Nikon\Cannon DSLR and shoot the same with a PnS Sony digicam most people will prefer the Sony snap cuz the picture looks artificially bright and colorful :)

Well thats subjective opinion, but for me Plasmas are dull and you need proper dark room to enjoy it. The only thing that is best n Plasma are the blacks that even today no LED tv is able to match. But AFA sharpness and pure clarity goes LEDs win (again subjective openion)

^^ Of course yes ..... infact we can convert any 2D in to 3D as well, which this TV does pretty effectively ......

Sorry for my ignorance, but plz tell can we use 3D TVs as normal 2D TVs as well ?

O.M.G....who would make & buy such a tv, only just for 3d? :p
just 1 more fact...majority of tv's that does 3d EXCEL in their 2d pq as well,perhaps even more than its just 2d brethrens!
so NO qualms of getting a 3d tv, if u can afford/manage it!:licklips:

Thanks Sam and Indiglo...

Actually, I was misguided by a Samsung salesperson who said 3D TVs are only for 3D content.

Between Samsung 51D550 and LG 42LW6500, which is better for 2D content that too mainly CABLE TV through HD DTH service ?

Normal TV viewing definitely CCFL based LED, just to stay advanced you can go for the full array led models.

^^^^^
Kindly recommend a full array LED.

I think only LG8500 is full array, rest all are edge LED ???

Sony HX920 its a full array local dimming tv,with early reports stating that it has much better viewing angles then any other lcd out there.Being a tv based on VA origin it will have better blacks.
The last years HX900 according to Cnet produced the deepest blacks of any 2010 television out there in the store.

I would like to request the same. Please send me the link to 3-D movie downloads on PM. I have a HX800, and more Blu=Ray titles are very expensive to buy.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back