Hunt starts for a 3D TV. Plasma or LED?

hi i just bought the lg5700 as recommended by you.
special thanks to you !!

pls help me in the following things
1) is it possible to use output sound to my hometheatre ? if yes how to do that.
i already have connected the hdmi from tv to hometheatre, but saw no option on the control to do it.
2) how to watch 3d movies on it .
3) what do the 3-4 options of 3d mean on lg.. when i press 3d..one is 2d->3d which i understand, but rest i dont understand,
4) any site to download 3d movies ?
5) i downloaded two 3d movies from torrent, i can see the clearly its 3d, like the images on it have 2 layers, but how to watch in 3d tv..such that it is 3d.. tried putting the glassed but it wont work.

6) any recommended setting you would suggest, pls advice.

thanks
regards

Great, you bought a nice TV. Congrats & Enjoy.!! I think Prankey has already answered all your queries. But incase if you have any doubts, you can ask here.

thanks for the reply :)

i downloaded two movies, which said it was in
Anaglyph format

however, when i watch it on the lg5700 ..what option should i select to view it.

i try to view using the 3d glasses given by lg.but it dont work.
i try to do sbs mode, 2d->3d mode, it dont work..

in which mode, shd i select to make it work. pls tell

thanks for the reply :)

i downloaded two movies, which said it was in
Anaglyph format

however, when i watch it on the lg5700 ..what option should i select to view it.

i try to view using the 3d glasses given by lg.but it dont work.
i try to do sbs mode, 2d->3d mode, it dont work..

in which mode, shd i select to make it work. pls tell

Unfortunately Anaglyph format is not supported by ANY current 3D TVs as far as I am aware. Anaglyph format is a universal format and you would need Red-Cyan glasses to watch them on any screen or paper including your 3D TV :)

Side By Side 3D is most popular currently and you could download 3D Bluray rips converted to SBS. This will give you maximum 3D quality at least file size for your TV.

No, you cannot play ISO directly from TV. You need a PC to mount the ISO on Virtual Drive and play it with TMT5 (My preference). You dont need a discrete Graphics Card to play 3D movies and bitstream HD Audio. Intel H67 Chipset does all this just fine. The onboard GPU is pretty powerful to play media content. It has HDMI 1.4a on board and Sandy Bridge processors does the GPU job well.

But the TV playes DivX HD, MKV and other popular formats just fine. SBS movies are usually encoded with x264 with mkv container and that this TV plays well. Moreover it has an Optical out port which sends 5.1 audio to your AVR..

...so i think that was quite obvious from the start for me!....my new plasma can play all the formats u mention,even some more...So the final word is, for viewing real true 3d on ur tv,u have to get a external 3d video playing device,either a 3d br player/g.c or a powerful htpc with a hdmi speed cable(1.4) attached 2 the tv,which is but only going to cost more!

or betteri shd ask..in which format.shd i download the movies to watch the 3d

Dont go for Anaglyph format. carp and non existant. Download SBS format, it looks like the picture I shared in the previous page. SBS is the most common and effective way of presenting a movie in 3D.

Those who asked for links, i have sent them PM. Those who want invitation can PM me. I have just 3 more invitations left..!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Hi akhil,

You still left with any invitations then please PM me with the details about the link and also the invitation..i would like to download the same..:)

Hi everybody,

Can you suggest me a Full Hd Led / LCD under 30k, between 30" - 32", width being 750mm of the tv as it may not fit in my place. I have to buy in 2-3days, kindly, suggest.

There has been a negative response for the LG 2011 plasmas.....I am talking about 50PZ550 FULL HD plasma.
On the internet I see lot of postive reviews for the LG PZ550, but just want to check why our HFV members are not recommneding LG 2011 Plasmas....

Experts, please share your thoughts.......
I've heard that 50PZ550 had a deal for around 55k..I feel this is competitve with Samsung (51D490,51D550)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back