Hunt starts for a 3D TV. Plasma or LED?

Which model was that? Yesterday, I was at a shopping festival in Pune. The LG stall was demonstrating the 3D Cinema model - the unit on display was 42LW5700 and the salesman said the deal price was Rs. 84,990.

Unfortunately there were too many people at the demo and hence could not talk to the salesman. Nor could I check the TV for PQ.

Here is my impression on the passive 3D:
  • 3D pictures appear much more hosted to the naked eye - no, this is not a fault or weakness - this is how it is meant to be, I suppose
  • the passive 3D glasses are very light and much more pleasureable to wear on top of natural glasses (for people like me)
  • 3D can be seen at any angle unlike active 3D
  • all other claims of LG from their advert are true
  • :thumbsup: to LG on all counts of 3D - my vote goes to passive 3D any day

I knew it. ;) This will be your impression. I too wear specs and wearing another was a big question for me. The same i had mentioned in my older post too.
I dont know where ppl are auditioning LW6500 47" but i am calling the LG distributor and they say its yet to launch. Only 42" is available as of now. So since one month i am waiting for 47" to launch and i will buy it the very first day. If anyone knows any showroom in Delhi where this model is available i will be highly thankful if he will share the details.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Samsung, Sony and Panasonic already launched their 2011 models are all are Active 3D. If they will consider passive 3D then they will launch the model next year only. I think it is not a good idea to wait for one year for a TV. Like this your waiting will never end cuz every year new models/technology will launch.

If you like it TV then buy it but the latest model only. :)

3d tv is still a great hoopla...where r the sources?

Sources are many man. Just search in google and bluray.com. Most of the movies are coming in 3D. If you are into download the movie then rippers have already uploaded more than 100 3D movies. I myself have more than 25 3D movies. Just waiting for the TV to launch and to bring it home.

Also almost all the PC 3D games developed in the last 15 years CAN support 3D TV using additional drivers, software like iZ3D, nVidia 3D Play and some even have native 3D TV support (like Avatar).

Sources are many man. Just search in google and bluray.com. Most of the movies are coming in 3D. If you are into download the movie then rippers have already uploaded more than 100 3D movies. I myself have more than 25 3D movies. Just waiting for the TV to launch and to bring it home.

Hmm....may I know from where did you download those 3D movies from.....
Let me know the precise sources please......even I'm looking forward to get one 3d TV LG the LW. Series.....but then I was just thinking that I don't have the movies!!!! I'll be glad if you could help!!

Hmm....may I know from where did you download those 3D movies from.....
Let me know the precise sources please......even I'm looking forward to get one 3d TV LG the LW. Series.....but then I was just thinking that I don't have the movies!!!! I'll be glad if you could help!!

Check your PM.

Folks,
Had a demo of both LG 50PZ550 Active 3D Plasma (77K with one 3d glass) and LG 42LW5700 Passive 3D LED (84k with 4 glasses)at Bajaj Electronics HYD.

Both look amazing!:clapping:

Plasma looks amazing but Passive 3D is always better.

The point here is LW5700 has a motion rate of 100hz which means flickering issue might be visible. So if you consider motion rate then there is only one choice- LW6500 series with 200 hz motion rate.

I read reviews about PZ550 mentioning the loss of sync issue in 3D after 15-20 min.
did anyone notice this at your demo?

Samsung 2011 3D plasmas do have issues with flickering and loss of sync. So in both ways LG is a better choice!

could anyone of you compare PZ550 and LW5700/6500 though both are different leagues.....

I have booked 47LW6500 since its launched in NCR finally. The first billing was done for me. :D Got the TV in 120,000 now waiting for the delivery. I got TataSky HD and motion flow remote free with it.

I have taken the demo of almost all TVs. Samsung, LG, Panny, Sony... Nothing can beat LG's Passive 3D. May be when/if samsung will launch passive 3D it would be better but Active 3D is just simply No No if you have Passive 3D in market. Crosstalk, Sync issues and Flickering is there in all Active 3D TVs.

I have booked 47LW6500 since its launched in NCR finally. The first billing was done for me. :D Got the TV in 120,000 now waiting for the delivery. I got TataSky HD and motion flow remote free with it.

I have taken the demo of almost all TVs. Samsung, LG, Panny, Sony... Nothing can beat LG's Passive 3D. May be when/if samsung will launch passive 3D it would be better but Active 3D is just simply No No if you have Passive 3D in market. Crosstalk, Sync issues and Flickering is there in all Active 3D TVs.

Congrats Akhil for your long cherised 3D TV. Enjoy your 3D movie collection.

Congrats Akhil, I was following your thread all the time.. Finally you made good choice..

Enjoy!

Congrats Akhil,

Just one question, Passive 3D cuts vertical resolution in half, did you find any issues while watching for 3D capabilities as compared to Active ones.

If one had to choose between LG 42LE8500 and LG 42LW6500, which would be a better bet at approximately same price.

First is FULL BACK-LIT LED but only 2D and Latter is EDGE LED but 3D.

I have not seen the latter but definitly 8500 scores well, but I wouldnt pay the same price as its not a very moving model and a year old series so bargain hard .

Congrats Akhil,

Just one question, Passive 3D cuts vertical resolution in half, did you find any issues while watching for 3D capabilities as compared to Active ones.

Thanks.. :)

Thats an old new now and LG has already released new firmware which displays full resolution. I have takes demo of Active and Passive 3D side by side at Jumbo. I did not find any quality compromise in Passive 3D. And its not only my experience. Myfriend, Sam9s(member of this forum) also was impressed by Passive 3D.

If one had to choose between LG 42LE8500 and LG 42LW6500, which would be a better bet at approximately same price.

First is FULL BACK-LIT LED but only 2D and Latter is EDGE LED but 3D.

For that purpose, why going for 3D? Go for Plasma.. Far better 2D quality and very high motion rate than LED. You need good motion rate for games.

Back