Hunt starts for a 3D TV. Plasma or LED?

Sorry mate the GT series was not available at showroom but, the VT20 Plasmas, what to say about them, I just cant put my feelings in words. Will say just one thing, when i saw the picture quality of 55" VT20, my eyes popped out and jaw fell down. Stunning picture quality and If you are not into 3D, then V series will do well.

The price I got of 55" VT20 was 167,000. :S I know. Very expensive and this is after discount. :S

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

After gowing through all these reviews and references, i seriously feel there is lots of scope for imporvement with the 3D.

And i feel its best advice to go for the cheap V20 palasm to have the best Picture clarity and comes for the right price.

I don't own a single LG tv but i do have Samsung and Panasonic plasma and Sony,Philips LCD.

No offence bro, I was just saying that your statement is biased cuz you said LG is good and samsung is good too. :lol: For its still a confusion which one to buy. :)

After gowing through all these reviews and references, i seriously feel there is lots of scope for imporvement with the 3D.

And i feel its best advice to go for the cheap V20 palasm to have the best Picture clarity and comes for the right price.

V20 Plasma is great if you ask me for clarity. I played many videos on it and it was superb. Colours very natural and warm, not too much bright to burn your eyes.

Its a great Plasma but aint cheap mate. It will still cost you over a Lac and In that budget you can pickup Samsung or LG 3D TV. :)

Read some great reviews about LG 50PZ550. Now I cant wait to have a demo of this TV. Anyone who has taken the demo and tell the actual price of this TV. It cant be 75k I think. In US its $1100-1200, So in India it will be touching a Lac.

Need some more info on this TV guys. As per the specs it looks really good. :licklips:

Thanks for the useful information man. Waiting is ok if i will get a good product. But what would be the prices? AFA I think, the newer models are always expensive than the older ones. I see why LG is giving so much discount on their LX9500 TV. Its because they are clearing the stock for the new ones.

Well not exactly the new models thus far has always had a lower MRP then the older ones,unless the old model was on a clearance sale .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjain916
Try lg plasma 50 pz 550 3d apporex 75 k
New launching
Vijay radio
Opera house
Mumbai
022-23623530

Well not exactly the new models thus far has always had a lower MRP then the older ones,unless the old model was on a clearance sale .

Hhmm.. Make sense. I have selected LG PZ550 and will wait for that. As per the specs it looks excellent. Just one question, few ppl say Plasmas are comparatively dull than LEDs and if you are watching 3D then while wearing glasses the picture will be even more dull. Is it?

Yesterday I took demos of LED 3D and Panasonic Plasma 3D. The LEDs were shining in 3D too but Panasonic guy played dark scene of Avatar movie where I couldnt notice the dullness well. I think only the demo of LG PZ550 will tell. :S

Cool Man.!!! I just called Vijay Radio and the dealer confirmed that TV is available.:yahoo: MRP is 105,990/- and retail price is 89,990.:licklips:

am looking to get the best deal on Samsung 6 series C or D 55", any help in bangalore would be appreciated

@ akhil7j

I have read your review about 55" 9 series. And its not the same with the 7 series which is affordable right now. And 9 series is something different, a class apart. Its like Veyron in front of Ferraris, Porsche and similar ones. But my budget wont let me go that far. So i have decided for NON 3d and may change into 3d after few years when the format is more common.

Last edited:
Your example was absolutely right. :)
If you want 2D, then go for Panasonic Plasma V series. 50" will cost you about a lac and trust me, you wont get the same clarity in any LCD TV. But if 3D content is still not available for you then when? Most of the BluRays are coming with 3D and if you are into "download the movie" then 3D rips are already available everywhere.

LG has launched new 3D TVs with cinema 3D technology. I read a detailed review about it and it looks interesting. Its no more Active Shutter. The glasses are not battery operated and they are flicker free. The glasses are just as comfortable as normal sunglasses. But what i believe, this TV will ve hell expensive so I will go for the normal AS 3D TV.

Yes I have gone through the cinema 3d tv specs. But that will be available at an affordable price only after a while in India.
And I have decided for an LED tv as i am really worried about power consumption and i care about the environment.
I saw a shop in compareindia.in where they are selling 55" C 7000 for 1.26 L. And my estimation is that they will be selling the 55c6900 for around 1.15 or so. Will call up the dealer tomoro and will post my experience here.

Thanks Akhil for putting all your experience and it really helps others like me :)
I am also in same boat to replace my 32" LCD this year and waiting for Panasonic 2011 models. My eye is on GT30 after reading reviews( I am sure VT30 would be way expensive and I won't be able to afford).
My budget is <1L and need 50" Plasma.
In fact ST30 also has good reviews.

LG Cinema 3D is here. Wow!!! Cant wait to have the demo. Calling the dealers but all phones are busy. AARRGGHH:mad:

Chad B's review here

Everything looks positive.. :D :D Cant wait to demo it and finally bring the beauty home.

Last time when I visited LG showroom and managed to have a look at their price list and there 32" & 42" Cinema 3D TVs mentioned and none of the TVs price was above 1 lac i suppose. Hope the 47LW5600 will be around 1 lac. :)

LG Cinema 3D is here. Wow!!! Cant wait to have the demo. Calling the dealers but all phones are busy. AARRGGHH:mad:

Chad B's review here

Everything looks positive.. :D :D Cant wait to demo it and finally bring the beauty home.

Last time when I visited LG showroom and managed to have a look at their price list and there 32" & 42" Cinema 3D TVs mentioned and none of the TVs price was above 1 lac i suppose. Hope the 47LW5600 will be around 1 lac. :)

Please update with prices. The lgindia.com doesn't have prices listed yet.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back