Hunt starts for a 3D TV. Plasma or LED?

LG LW6500 47" is of Rs.105,000/- ??? Can you confirm cuz i called the dealer here and he quoted me Rs.136,000/- and that is after discount.

If i will get it in 105,000 i will buy it in an instant. Pls confirm this and give me the dealer details..

The MRP listed on the web site is 139K, I expect 20-30% discount for all LG products..
Now you do math.

I guess 105K is logical retail pricing.

Satayam appliance
Bandra
Mumbai
022- 26411633
Abbas
47 inch
Lw 6500
With dongal
+ 4 glass 3d
105 confam

Please suggest me . I an confues
Samsung 46 -c 7000
With 3d - 3 glasses
3d blur ray player
+ 3d blur ray cd-3 pis
Full kit -95000 last offer
Or
Lg 47 6500
Apporex
Please suggest me
Best

Please suggest me . I an confues
Samsung 46 -c 7000
With 3d - 3 glasses
3d blur ray player
+ 3d blur ray cd-3 pis
Full kit -95000 last offer
Or
Lg 47 6500
Apporex
Please suggest me
Best

I have auditioned both the TVs in detail. Samsung is good in looks and 2D quality but 3D quality is not as good as LG Lw6500. Moreover there was a lot of flickering problem and crosstalk in Samsung. After wearing the glasses TV lost its brightness. in LG, the glasses are ultra light and the 3D quality is amazing. I have compared these two TVs side by side in Jumbo electronics and i know the clear difference of these two TVs.

I will recommend you to go for LG as the glasses are easy and no need to recharge them. You cannot watch a 2 hour movie with Active shutter glasses cuz of their bulkiness. And then they sync via infrared and the link disconnects many times. You will feel frustrated and you will feel strain on your eyes.

The dealer here is giving me best price of 127000 for LW6700 47". Can your local dealer ship the TV here. :D :D

Hi Mjain,

Can you confirm the price of same TV at Vijay Sales? Are they giving the TV at 105000?

Pls confirm this so that i buy the TV from Vijay Sales today..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Mjain916, are you sure about the model ? I spoke with the Satyam Appl person, Abbas, yesterday. He does not have the 47 LW6500, and does not expect them till end of the month. He is also not sure about the price!

Even the LG show rooms do not have the model; only the 42" is available.

Ya right. Even i m waiting or the 47" model. I have called everywhere but none of the LG showrooms have 47" model. They say soon it will be in stock but till today they don't have.

I am in the same boat and hunting for a large screen TV. My budget is 75K but I can stretch it to 1L, if really required.

- Panasonic 50V20D is the king of the best price I have managed so far is Rs. 102K.
- Panasonic 42V20D is the second best and smaller size is a dampner. Best price I got is Rs. 61,000.
- Samsung 51D550 is not available in showrooms and I got a quote of 75K. No discounts. The dealers said that there is a backlog of orders and if I book today, I may get in 10~15 days. Without demo, it is difficult to judge. This is 3D enabled and price is also right (for me) but I reckon that I should be able to get more discount (MRP=78K). And demo is a must.
- LG: I haven't checked the pieces as yet.

Plasma vs. LED: Many articles have been written and I shall not write what everyone has already posted. LED (and LCD) produce very vivid colours which many people like. Plasma colours are more natural which many find dull. So my recommendation is: those who like vivid colours and are mostly going to watch DTH/TV content, LCD/LED will be better. For those who prefer movies, plasma is better.

About 3D: In my opinion, 3D and 2D will coexist. 2D will never die untill 3D is perfected, i.e., you are able to see 3D without the glasses; and that is not likely to happen soon. 3D is definitely painful after an hour or so and especially for people with long distance glasses like me. But it makes sense to have 3D as a feature, if the price is right.

Next the size ... I agree with other members here that to get a good 3D effect you must have large screen ... at least 50" as the lower shelf. I saw the 3D demo at Panasonic Brand shop on a 63". It looked awesome. But when I saw the same demo on 42" it was not that impressive.

Finally, 3D must be watched between 10 perpendicular angle to the TV. I could clearly see the absense of 3D effect when I was just 20 off the perpendicular.

Reflection off the panel: I demo'ed the TV in showroom with bright sunlit street outside (at right angle). I could not see reflections.

I shall try to contribute more of my own impressions later.

I am in the same boat and hunting for a large screen TV. My budget is 75K but I can stretch it to 1L, if really required.

- Panasonic 50V20D is the king of the best price I have managed so far is Rs. 102K.
- Panasonic 42V20D is the second best and smaller size is a dampner. Best price I got is Rs. 61,000.
- Samsung 51D550 is not available in showrooms and I got a quote of 75K. No discounts. The dealers said that there is a backlog of orders and if I book today, I may get in 10~15 days. Without demo, it is difficult to judge. This is 3D enabled and price is also right (for me) but I reckon that I should be able to get more discount (MRP=78K). And demo is a must.
- LG: I haven't checked the pieces as yet.

Plasma vs. LED: Many articles have been written and I shall not write what everyone has already posted. LED (and LCD) produce very vivid colours which many people like. Plasma colours are more natural which many find dull. So my recommendation is: those who like vivid colours and are mostly going to watch DTH/TV content, LCD/LED will be better. For those who prefer movies, plasma is better.

About 3D: In my opinion, 3D and 2D will coexist. 2D will never die untill 3D is perfected, i.e., you are able to see 3D without the glasses; and that is not likely to happen soon. 3D is definitely painful after an hour or so and especially for people with long distance glasses like me. But it makes sense to have 3D as a feature, if the price is right.

Next the size ... I agree with other members here that to get a good 3D effect you must have large screen ... at least 50" as the lower shelf. I saw the 3D demo at Panasonic Brand shop on a 63". It looked awesome. But when I saw the same demo on 42" it was not that impressive.

Finally, 3D must be watched between 10 perpendicular angle to the TV. I could clearly see the absense of 3D effect when I was just 20 off the perpendicular.

Reflection off the panel: I demo'ed the TV in showroom with bright sunlit street outside (at right angle). I could not see reflections.

I shall try to contribute more of my own impressions later.

Thanks for the prices and sharing your experience.

I was also not so crazy about 3D when I planned to buy a TV. I was just taking it as an additional feature untill i came to know about LG Cinema 3D.

You concern about not comfortable while watching 3D movies wearing bulky glasses is absolutely genuine. But.. Did you audition the LG Cinema 3D with their ultra light glasses? They are just like normal polarized sunglasses and very light weight. You can watch the whole movie and wont feel uncomfortable. Last weekend I took a demo of this TV and i am really impressed with the 3D and 2D quality. The TV is worth buying and that is the reason I am waiting for it to launch.

About the viewing angle, again i will say, audition LG Cinema 3D as there is no such restriction of viewing angle. Read the review of this TV by Chad B. You will get the clear picture of the qualities and features of this TV.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=20102969&postcount=25

As I said in my post, I am yet to look at LG models.

I trust all the reviews here. But I would like to trust my eyes first. :)

And I take my words back on the reflection ... I demo'd the Sammy C430 in the evening. The reflection was quite evident, worrying in fact. Not that I intend to purchase that model. The Samsung Plaza on Dhole Patil road did not have the 50D550. The owner was unwilling to commit any price - just said that it is just launched, they have no pieces to demo and MRP is 78K. I overlooked his price sheet - the next column had DP (dealer price) and it said 75K.

Last edited:
Samsung ppl do a little less bargaining than LG. I am a big Samsung fan and have bought almost everything of Samsung except my ACs which are of Carrier.

Anyway, if you want to add 3D in your requirements then nothing can beat LG cinema 3D. Reason is comfortable and no sync and crosstalk issues. Where ever i went for a demo of Samsung TV, nobody gave me a good demo. Everyone said the same thing; there is some issue with the glasses. But if i will use the same glasses with Samsung's other high end TVs like 8 series and 9 series. The glasses used to work. So what i think is, there is definitely some issue with the Samsung D7000 46" inch TV.

2D quality i havent seen better than Panasonic's VT20 models. They are awesome. They have THX certified panels and colors are so beautiful and natural. The picture clarity is amazing. I fell in love with the blacks of this TV. I wish I could buy it but its way too expensive.

Pls post your experience if you will audition any other TV.

For 3D, i will recommend you to take your own 3D clips to test. Especially not the animated movies.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Anyway, if you want to add 3D in your requirements then nothing can beat LG cinema 3D. Reason is comfortable and no sync and crosstalk issues. Where ever i went for a demo of Samsung TV, nobody gave me a good demo. Everyone said the same thing; there is some issue with the glasses. But if i will use the same glasses with Samsung's other high end TVs like 8 series and 9 series. The glasses used to work. So what i think is, there is definitely some issue with the Samsung D7000 46" inch TV.
I personally feel last year's IR sync 3D glasses were good enough. Not sure how BT ones will perform. Hope I am wrong on this and BT ones are really better than the IR ones. Else, LG Cinema 3D looks MOST PROMISING..

I personally feel last year's IR sync 3D glasses were good enough. Not sure how BT ones will perform. Hope I am wrong on this and BT ones are really better than the IR ones. Else, LG Cinema 3D looks MOST PROMISING..

Bu the technology will remain Active shutter which put strain on your eyes and still the crosstalk problem will be there. I will prefer LG cinema 3D anytime. :)

Which model was that? Yesterday, I was at a shopping festival in Pune. The LG stall was demonstrating the 3D Cinema model - the unit on display was 42LW5700 and the salesman said the deal price was Rs. 84,990.

Unfortunately there were too many people at the demo and hence could not talk to the salesman. Nor could I check the TV for PQ.

Here is my impression on the passive 3D:
  • 3D pictures appear much more hosted to the naked eye - no, this is not a fault or weakness - this is how it is meant to be, I suppose
  • the passive 3D glasses are very light and much more pleasureable to wear on top of natural glasses (for people like me)
  • 3D can be seen at any angle unlike active 3D
  • all other claims of LG from their advert are true
  • :thumbsup: to LG on all counts of 3D - my vote goes to passive 3D any day

Is it a good idea to wait for some time to find out which 3D format (Active/Passive) will come out as winners? I think the LG passive is going to be more practical.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back