hyderabadis rejoice - audio people opening on 12 feb at jub hills

Someday everybody who visited the HIFIVison meet will own a Paradigm S4s :D.

May not! Because Paradigm S4s are discontinued and new units are not available anymore!

IMO Paradigm S4s performed very well on that day because of measured speaker placement , quality partnering equipment like Usher power conditioner & power chord,PS audio extreme reference cables , Ayon audio CD2 , Belcanto pre & power amps and finally a conducive listening room.

At the end its SYNERGY!!

Last edited:
I sort of agree with you sidvee. I went with a friend and I was treated exceptionally well at Chennai. I had an extended 3 hour audition and I have to give it to them that their Thiel setups were fantastically well executed.

Even I was treated very well at Chennai store last year during Christmas time.Store owner Jalaal and his brother were with me for an hour during Thiel CS 2.4 audition.
It was one of the best audition sessions for me in recent times.

May not! Because Paradigm S4s are discontinued and new units are not available anymore!

Yes Sameer you are right - S4 is discontinued and one can buy the smaller s2 or the S6 floor stander and BTW do not expect a low price, neither a chance to audition. The dealer in Hyderabad (I think kripa India) told me that studio series and above they will bring only on order (and some payment I guess), just like every other dealer. BTW the Studio 60 pricing was around 1.2 lacs so the signature series will be well above the 2 lacs range and I think the totl S8 is 4.5 lacs. Regardless they are good speakers, I have had a 7.1 set of Studio series for the past 4 years or so.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
The brightness was there all around the place. The only common equipment in all the setups were the "Musical Fidelity" pre-power combo. So this might not be due to the recording per se.

Also pairing is of paramount importance. Maybe, Just maybe there is a chance of bad pairing.

Sure musicbee, we'll go next saturday for demoing the RX6 with my CDs. The 15% discount is also only till next sunday I suppose. I too am very interested in demoing them.

When we come out of the demo hall, we should feel like "I would like to own it" rather than "yeah I kinda like the sound but not for the price.. whatever..". ;)

Based on the feedback I received in my 60K speakers thread the MA RX6 received the most recommendation from fellow HFV members along with the mention of not being bright but having lots of detail and good bass.

I do agree the 2 lac MA PL100 sounded average... the 65K Jamo C607 sounded leagues ahead at Cinebels in comparison.

Cannot wait to see (hear) how the MA RX6 sound.

long long time and good to see sameer sir and sidvee posting. after the meet the Hyd audio scene went all silent suddenly... good to see members posting..

and yup i agree to give them some more time for that was the first day and they were quite busy attending their guest rather than giving demo pleasently. hope they improve in the coming days and the speakers do get a proper burn-in too. will be looking forward for another visit in a week or so..

another point about the bollywood music to be a lil bright can be true but the treble was harsh even when the actual cd recording does not have that much of highs.. it might have been irritating after some time for we have continued the test of the platinum bookshelves...though was the first time to audition them and neither i hold any expertise to comment over any such brand but just posted what i heard.

the platinum would certainly need a good burn-in for the high to get smooth and not itchy.. but still might not justify the price...

I have couple of contacts in this Hyd showroom and will try to get some additional discount. Before that I need your help guys

1. I have Marantz PM 6004 amp and want stereo speakers to connect them. Now what are the speakers I can select in this showroom. Pls don't suggest Thiel and other costly dabbas. Max budget is 45-50k.

2. On searching the forum, i got some prices on MA BX5 which is retailing around 55K MRP. Does this suit well to Marantz 6004 or MA M4 or M6 will do ?

3. In general, what would be the margins for these guys for a product costing 50-60k ?

TIA.

I have couple of contacts in this Hyd showroom and will try to get some additional discount. Before that I need your help guys

1. I have Marantz PM 6004 amp and want stereo speakers to connect them. Now what are the speakers I can select in this showroom. Pls don't suggest Thiel and other costly dabbas. Max budget is 45-50k.

2. On searching the forum, i got some prices on MA BX5 which is retailing around 55K MRP. Does this suit well to Marantz 6004 or MA M4 or M6 will do ?

3. In general, what would be the margins for these guys for a product costing 50-60k ?

TIA.

Hey krish, I think none of the monitor audio speakers in the showroom will match marantz. They are already sharp and marantz will only make it more pronounced.

I and few others are planning a visit to the showroom on saturday. Why dont you pick up the amp and join?

Also, the MS silver florstands RX6 are 75k and they are telling 15% discount for first week (which comes to ~63k). Maybe using your 'contact', you can bring it doen to 500-55k. :D

long long time and good to see sameer sir and sidvee posting. after the meet the Hyd audio scene went all silent suddenly... good to see members posting..

Actually theironhorse, I have been quite active, planning upgrades and rotating my speaker collection. Just acquired a pair of ATC SCM19's for my 2nd setup having sold my B&W N805 and am planning to upgrade/sidegrade my preamp in my main rig soon to a Lamm ll2.1. Additionally just acquired a m2tech evo usb to coax bridge for my computer, and planning a laptop upgrade dedicated to my audio room. I am also looking at auditioning power cords specifically Shunyata and Nordost range to replace my Audio art power cord for the SL amp. So lot of stuff going on, just not enough time to post. Plus will be heading to Audio people showroom next week to do a long audition of the thiel 2.4. All this apart from my HT setup wherein I am contemplating a rcvr./screen and projector upgrade.
Cheers,
Sid

Actually theironhorse, I have been quite active, planning upgrades and rotating my speaker collection. Just acquired a pair of ATC SCM19's for my 2nd setup having sold my B&W N805 and am planning to upgrade/sidegrade my preamp in my main rig soon to a Lamm ll2.1. Additionally just acquired a m2tech evo usb to coax bridge for my computer, and planning a laptop upgrade dedicated to my audio room. I am also looking at auditioning power cords specifically Shunyata and Nordost range to replace my Audio art power cord for the SL amp. So lot of stuff going on, just not enough time to post. Plus will be heading to Audio people showroom next week to do a long audition of the thiel 2.4. All this apart from my HT setup wherein I am contemplating a rcvr./screen and projector upgrade.
Cheers,
Sid

Gosh. Double gosh.

IMO Paradigm S4s performed very well on that day because of measured speaker placement , quality partnering equipment like Usher power conditioner & power chord,PS audio extreme reference cables , Ayon audio CD2 , Belcanto pre & power amps and finally a conducive listening room.

At the end its SYNERGY!!

Agreed very true it is about synergy between the components and room and also the type of the music you listen to.

Before I bought these speakers, I had auditioned more expensive speakers but wasnt happy with them. I liked the S8 and S4 with not much of a difference in SQ except in the bass region. As I was going supplement with a sub at a later stage I settled for S4.

I had auditioned B&W 600 series(not sure of the models, DALI(these were expensive ones), LINN activ(used ones).

I felt DALI and LINN were kind of laid back and found them missing something.
May be my music liking was an issue here or the room. Difficult to find the faulty link always in a sound system.

In the end you buy what you like.

Thanks
Pandu

What difference can happen in 3 days??

A WORLD of difference.

Went to audio people today and they quite literally invited me with a red carpet.

Made a personalised audio demo setup in the location I wanted them to. Connected my CDP and let me listen for as long as I wish with a prologue saying that the speakers are not burnt-in. Drinks/Tea - What not?

Listened to discontinued RS8 and the current model RX6 from the silver series.

Will put my observations comparing MA RS8/Dali Ikon 6 and B&W 684 tonight.

I and few others are planning a visit to the showroom on saturday. Why dont you pick up the amp and join?

Sure Blasto...i will join you guys, pls ping me with details.

Also, the MS silver florstands RX6 are 75k and they are telling 15% discount for first week (which comes to ~63k). Maybe using your 'contact', you can bring it doen to 500-55k.

I don't work in MS like you guys, I'm in a 'Body Shop' company :D
want to stick to max 50K as I have to upgrade my 5.1 in couple of months. Will MA BX5 be too much for Marantz 6004 ?

Visited the audio people store today and I must say that I was completely blown away! The equipments, the setup they have is out of the world. They impressed with their hospitality and attention to the customers.

This really has to be one of the finest home theater showrooms out there now!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back