hyderabadis rejoice - audio people opening on 12 feb at jub hills

Have a look at their collection on their FB page -
The Audio People | Facebook
I went to their store on opening day - very nice folks especially Bobby.
I was looking for Monitor Audio BR6 demo, but they didn't have it today - they'll arrange it for me in few days from their warehouse.
The BR6 retails for 56k, right now they're selling them for ~47k.

Demo was given with the Platinum and Gold series bookshelves. Sharp and fatiguing sound is what I will define them.

This is exactly how my demo had sounded too! I had blamed it on the room setup and electronics but maybe there is more to it?

Agreed. Too bad could not audition the MA RX6 as it was not connected.

I did like the MA PL100 though.

PS - If anyone wants to visit... hold on for a week or two. Hopefully, everything will be setup and connected by then.

Good to meet up with fellow HFVers!!!

Inaugural Discount of 15% is only for a week though :)

Hello Guys,

I knew I was not gonna make it. Had to drop my relatives at Kacheguda Stn. Regarding "not so good" demoing, probably all the equipment were brand new. "Burn-in" Theory you see!!:rolleyes:

Regards.

Hello Guys,

I knew I was not gonna make it. Had to drop my relatives at Kacheguda Stn. Regarding "not so good" demoing, probably all the equipment were brand new. "Burn-in" Theory you see!!:rolleyes:

Regards.

They should be aware of this and not demo stuff that has not been burned in! I once wanted a home demo of a DAC and a dealer in Bangalore offered to run in a brand new piece for 20 hours so I would not have a bad experience. This was for a DAC costing 6 figures and I was not in the market to purchase it immediately. Even then he wanted me to have a fully burnt in piece.

Most stuff did not sound good to command such astronomical prices!! I think they are targeting only aristocrats of Hyderabad with money to burn. When i queried about Sonodyne, Wharfedale he was looking surprised and amused.

i was there too... the only joy i had was meeting up fellow members... had a good get together and some discussion. rest DEMO ??

monitor audio platinum.. shrill and harsh...

tried the avalon's with the bryston pre -power combo.. though i would not be able to even dream for them right now but i would not have bought it.. probably not burned in well or may be the placement....

they sounded suppressed.. narrow soundstaging.. cant express more.. met few members who werent there in the meet.

nice meeting ya folks :)

for those from HiFivision, I could see everyone comparing SQ to those Paradigms S4s in their minds and getting terrible annoyed at the prices .. :) . When i talked about Paradigms being better than the Thiel and some other stuff he had in display, the owner (who had that wreched I know everthing look) gave a sarcastic smile :)

A general question (for those finding the MA's harsh/shrill/bright).

How much of this "brightness" will be a result of bad recording or even the type of music? The music being played was Hindi music which is usually bright and harsh and not so well recorded.

Perhaps, the equipment should be tested with a CD of Dire Straits or the demo CD "Blasto" usually carries for auditions.

for those from HiFivision, I could see everyone comparing SQ to those Paradigms S4s in their minds and getting terrible annoyed at the prices .. :) . When i talked about Paradigms being better than the Thiel and some other stuff he had in display, the owner (who had that wreched I know everthing look) gave a sarcastic smile :)

Missed the Hyd meet. Would have definitely loved to hear the S4s.

A general question (for those finding the MA's harsh/shrill/bright).

How much of this "brightness" will be a result of bad recording or even the type of music? The music being played was Hindi music which is usually bright and harsh and not so well recorded.

Perhaps, the equipment should be tested with a CD of Dire Straits or the demo CD "Blasto" usually carries for auditions.

The brightness was there all around the place. The only common equipment in all the setups were the "Musical Fidelity" pre-power combo. So this might not be due to the recording per se.

Also pairing is of paramount importance. Maybe, Just maybe there is a chance of bad pairing.

Sure musicbee, we'll go next saturday for demoing the RX6 with my CDs. The 15% discount is also only till next sunday I suppose. I too am very interested in demoing them.

When we come out of the demo hall, we should feel like "I would like to own it" rather than "yeah I kinda like the sound but not for the price.. whatever..". ;)

Last edited:
Missed the Hyd meet. Would have definitely loved to hear the S4s.

Oh boooy.. There was not a single soul in the meet who did not like the S4's sound. It beat the B&W 8 series book shelves by quite a BIG margin. And that was with music hall CDP and Norge amp costing totally 1/4th of its price.

Sure these costed 1.5L. But if I were to spend 1.5L on a speaker today, I would not have seconds thoughts of picking them up.

To give context, the MA platinum bookshelves themselves cost 2L, was connected to Musical Fidelity CDP+PRE+POWER which themselves will be 2L+ easily and sounded like a <50k setup.

Sure I might have strong opnion, but I dont think anyone who had the demo yesterday (including you :eek:hyeah:) will be willing to shell out 2L on these.

This is exactly how my demo had sounded too! I had blamed it on the room setup and electronics but maybe there is more to it?

Where did you have the demo?
Maybe our association with ATH-M50 has something to do with it?? :D :eek:hyeah:

Nice!

Will be in Hyd over this weekend...will try and visit this place...and maybe meet a couple of you nice folx...

http://www.hifivision.com/dealer-fe...xcellent-experience-audio-people-chennai.html

Contrary to what some members experienced at the Hyderabad store, I found the Chennai store to be a very good location not only for equipment but quality of demo. rooms, knowledge, politeness etc. I guess one has to give time for the Hyd. store to settle down to be able to better judge them.
Also as far as catering to the high end as some perceive, consider the location where they have set up. I have a quote for a ground floor location in Rd. 36 quoting Rs. 110/sq.ft/month lease. With this type of overhead unless they make sales to the higher end buyer, they will not survive in the market (unless they are laundering money - from all the corrupt ap politicians and bureaucrats and the store is just a front:lol:). Look at the other stores in the area, Porsche, Jaguar, Mercedes, High end Italian furniture, home furnishings etc. So I believe this store, based on the location is going to cater to the higher end of the audio market.
Anways just my opinions, I am not associated with them, but nevertheless wanted to present my perspective.
Regardless I am happy for the audiophiles in Hyderabad, that we can also aspire and audition more selections of High end equipment. The two or three so called hi-fi stores that I visited in Hyderbad were pathetic with some mediocre equipment and set ups and higher end equipment only available upon order. I plan to visit the store soon to audition some thiel speakers and view some acoustic treatment options.

Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
I sort of agree with you sidvee. I went with a friend and I was treated exceptionally well at Chennai. I had an extended 3 hour audition and I have to give it to them that their Thiel setups were fantastically well executed.

I sort of agree with you sidvee. I went with a friend and I was treated exceptionally well at Chennai. I had an extended 3 hour audition and I have to give it to them that their Thiel setups were fantastically well executed.

You chaps probably look richer than me :)

I was politely asked to go to the "not high end" section of their showroom which is housed in the adjacent building. I live not more than a minute away from there so I had just sort of ambled over and wasn't dressed in my Sunday best.

When there, I asked to demo some bookshelves. They did so but not in the demo room. The audition was held in the main showroom. The speakers were placed on other speakers and were about 6-8 inches above my ear-line. The showroom is about 600-800sft so the MA and Klipsch speakers never had a chance to show their potential.

During all this I was politely asking them to move the demo to the main demo room but there was always some sort of a reason being given. Just the day before I had had a very nice demo at Decibel with Venkat so maybe I was mentally comparing notes.

Perhaps I should pop in again next time I'm in Chennai.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back