I didn't know IEMs can sound this good - Shure SE 846

Surrealistix

On my trip to Singapore last week, I couldn't resist the urge and splurged on a pair of amazing IEMs. The Shure SE 846.

I really didn't know in ear phones can sound this good. Of the few that I heard before picking these up in a quick 15 minute auditioning at the store, the Sennheiser ie800 sounded very detailed and easy on the ear, however of the two I liked how the Shure sounded.

I have Shure SE535 which is also quite good, but to sound it's best you need at least a mini headphone amp.

Yep, at work I've been using it with my ODAC/O2 Amp combo.

I could also listen to it at times with my Prism Orpheus Firewire converter which should be an interesting pairing.

@Thad E Ginathom - I was in Singapore only for a couple of days, so all I could manage was 15 minutes at Jaben the headphones store and listen to 3 or 4 IEMs.

Even 15 minutes must have fun. Jaben is a nice shop to visit. ...but you must have been very impressed to make such a buying decision on a short audition. :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back