I directed a movie "My Bookshelf Speaker stands"- DIY

siva1306

Hi,

Atlast I made my my own movie My Bookshelf speaker stands :yahoo:.
Went to a local welding shop and given order for a pair with my own design:clapping:.

Details as follows:
Bottom plate: 6mm with 8x10"
Upper Plate: 4 mm with 7x10"
Pipe: 3" pipe with a hole for sand.

Painted myself:eek:hyeah: last night and today (2nd coating.:D)

Below are few pics before and after paint.
img2275o.jpg

img2274c.jpg

dsc04233sl.jpg

dsc04232a.jpg

dsc04231o.jpg

And last but not least - Total expense has come to Rs.1700/-

Congrats...

they look like so professionally made, should inspire others to follow the same. They look like it would cost more than 10k :clapping: way to go..keep up the good work...

Thanks.

Congrats:clapping: Thatz the way to go..

Appreciate the efforts.. If every audiophile put their hands on DIY, market looters will realize how to price their product.:p

Thanks friends.
Reason behind painting in night. Couldn't wait:eek:hyeah: till next day and started on the spot as soon as I arrived home.
The way I got this done itching me towards stands for surrounds.:eek:hyeah:

Siva

Anything you make by DIY way has a huge bonus! The real pleasure is in the ride and you get to reach your destination too.
Like making a cake and eating it too with pleasure.
Cheers!

Seriously, you can start a business...I will be your first customer (Boney Man)...what you say...can u make a pair of these for me....:)

Thanks Buddies!

It is just my direction. Script is mentioned already. You can give it a try. No copyright issues. :)

Siva

It took some time to plan for surround speaker stands.
Atlast, last weekend I finished them. Pasting a couple of snaps.

photo2kdf.jpg

photooag.jpg

The bottom cabinet is to hold some weight(sand) to handle the damping.
Few DVDs can also be put in. :)

Total cost is just 700/-. 600 plywood & 100 for Cutting.

Will paint them when I get time.

Regards
Siva

Last edited:
Thanks Siva. You really inspired me to start making my own DIY speaker stands.

Just one question. Have you done anything so that speakers will not fall from stand if someone push them by mistake??

Thanks Siva. You really inspired me to start making my own DIY speaker stands.

Just one question. Have you done anything so that speakers will not fall from stand if someone push them by mistake??

Nothing as of now. Since they are surround stands & I'll be keeping them very near to the back wall corners, It'll be OK. But some kind of dual side sticker would also keep them from falling upto certain extent. But Im fine with this. :D

--Siva

Siva,

I am asking about front speaker stands. I also want to know, why cant we use wooden stands for front speakers by keeping heavy metal at base?

Siva,

I am asking about front speaker stands. I also want to know, why cant we use wooden stands for front speakers by keeping heavy metal at base?

Hi,

I saw your post only today though I check this forum regularly.
My Front speakers have a small circled rubber bases on four corners (5mm in diamter and 1.5 mm in thickness). So they have a good ground to hold.

The fact is that my surround stands can also hold my front bookshelves. I tried once as well. They look like FS :eek:hyeah: if you cover the lower half with a nice fabric.

Siva

Siva, And did you feel them sound like the branded stands available? I too had a plan of trying this out, long back.. and never got time for this.. My idea was to have wooden bases and a PVC pipe of a slightly bigger diameter, with sand filled in.. If metal costs less than 2k, I m now thinking of trying out this.. I have an offer from one of my friend, who has a very used vintage stand, for 5k.. what do u think, I try this myself, or go for a branded one,putting lil more money?! By the way, this is for an old pair of Infinity's which sounds muddy when kept closer to walls! (Reference 2000.3)

Just saw the thread. Wonderful effort Siva. Have you made any provision for filling sand in the pipe. That would not only make them heavier for much greater stability but would also facilitate damping so that the stands don't ring.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back