I directed a movie "My Bookshelf Speaker stands"- DIY

Just saw the thread. Wonderful effort Siva. Have you made any provision for filling sand in the pipe. That would not only make them heavier for much greater stability but would also facilitate damping so that the stands don't ring.

Hi Captain,

Yes, There is a hole available and I filled sand enough to hold them. So far, I see no issues. and Thanks for the compliments. :)

Siva

Siva, And did you feel them sound like the branded stands available? I too had a plan of trying this out, long back.. and never got time for this.. My idea was to have wooden bases and a PVC pipe of a slightly bigger diameter, with sand filled in.. If metal costs less than 2k, I m now thinking of trying out this.. I have an offer from one of my friend, who has a very used vintage stand, for 5k.. what do u think, I try this myself, or go for a branded one,putting lil more money?! By the way, this is for an old pair of Infinity's which sounds muddy when kept closer to walls! (Reference 2000.3)

Hi,

I haven't used branded stands yet. So what I can tell you is about the finishing of the stands. Obviously branded ones will have a decent finishing. Since I didn't want to put more $ for this, I ended up with Rs.1700. Still we can fix spikes to base & can go for a better finishing (paint/powder, etc).
As far as the sound quality, I see no issues so far as mentioned in the previous post.

About your offer, If you are specific to try DIY, then go for it or do the calculations based on the current market prices and compare.

Siva

Hi Siva, I am a newbie and have just purchases an HTIB package - Denon DHT-1312XP. I will be buying Polk Tsi 100 or 200 or Sonodyne Sonus Bookshelves soon. I really like the metal stands that you got made.

Want to find out more details. Whats your phone no?

Hi Siva, I am a newbie and have just purchases an HTIB package - Denon DHT-1312XP. I will be buying Polk Tsi 100 or 200 or Sonodyne Sonus Bookshelves soon. I really like the metal stands that you got made.

Want to find out more details. Whats your phone no?

Hi,

I saw your post only today. I'll send my contact# to you as a PM.

Siva

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back