I really need your help -- Schiit Magni 2 Adapter

suryashekhardas

Hello folks,

My Schiit wall wart has gone dead. I got it my SCHIIT Magni 2.
That is an Indian type.

Need a replacement. Any Desi Online sources ? I really need one.
Link of the actual product for reference : http://www.schiit.com/products/wall-warts

It is an 16V AC 500Ma Adapter.

I didnot any adapter with this spec :( Please help me out , I shall be very grateful to you :oops:IMG_20190813_160622.jpg

Hello folks,

My Schiit wall wart has gone dead. I got it my SCHIIT Magni 2.
That is an Indian type.

Need a replacement. Any Desi Online sources ? I really need one.
Link of the actual product for reference : http://www.schiit.com/products/wall-warts

It is an 16V AC 500Ma Adapter.

I didnot any adapter with this spec :( Please help me out , I shall be very grateful to you :oops:View attachment 38214
Are you sure adapter is dead because it is just a transformer that rarely goes bad? Have you checked thoroughly?

I have honestly no idea , The orange lights inside the Schiit Magni 2 Is not lighting up anymore, even when i have tested different adapters.I dont have spare adapter with this exact specs :(
Only the white light works :( IMG_20190813_134659.jpg

Borrow a DMM and check the o/p on the output pin on the adapter first.
The adapter is a AC-AC adapter so the DAC is doing a AC-DC rectification internally
Having said that, the DAC should have powered on with 12V+ DC adapters also ..
You should definitely check the o/p on the current adapter though

I have honestly no idea , The orange lights inside the Schiit Magni 2 Is not lighting up anymore, even when i have tested different adapters.I dont have spare adapter with this exact specs :(
Only the white light works :( View attachment 38216
If you meant white light comes up with original adapter then contact Schiit support because it may not be adapter then.

Oh no no, With the original adapter white light doesnot come up. with the original one nothing happens

With other 9V , 12V DC ones, it comes up, the white light
but the amp doesnot work :(

Borrow a DMM and check the o/p on the output pin on the adapter first.
The adapter is a AC-AC adapter so the DAC is doing a AC-DC rectification internally
Having said that, the DAC should have powered on with 12V+ DC adapters also ..
You should definitely check the o/p on the current adapter though

Actually i have no idea to test all these. I have never done these before.
I will be forever grateful to all of you if you can find me a compatible adapter from here.

Thankyou so much to all of you

Oh no no, With the original adapter white light doesnot come up. with the original one nothing happens

For time being, do not do any such experiments :) then or you may end up damaging the unit.

The unit requires 16VAC.
Don't use a DC adapter.
Cheers,
Raghu

Your adapter outputs 16V AC voltage. Your DAC expects AC voltage from the adapter, not DC. This means that there is AC to DC rectification happening within the DAC. So there's no use trying 9V or 12V DC adapters.

Please get yourself a cheap digital multimeter (~Rs 500-550). It always comes in handy. You can check whether your adapter is giving out 16V AC or not.

Since the white light comes on it looks like the DAC is receiving power from the adapter.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back