I Started With Nothing...Thank You HFV For My Set Up

naviworks

so here it is...i decided to showcase my so called set up...

when i first visited the site, i didnt know beyond creative 5.1 speakers connected with PC. But HFV opened the exotic world of hi-fi to me and each n every product i purchased is after consultation with HFV.
naviworks-albums-set-up-picture243-show-case.jpg

*the floorstanders were kept close to accomodate within picture frame
* am in a govt job where i get transfers every 3 years, so this is not my fixed permanent hi-fi set up. excuse me for the shabby stools.
* am yet to buy a display unit and woofer. The AOC lcd is a monitor tv (a temporary set up)
naviworks-albums-set-up-picture244-craftel-floorstanders.jpg

speakers
craftel 5.0
price: 25800
opinion: good vfm speakers. will buy the woofer from Mark(craftel) this april
specs:
Tower Speakers
Single 6 magnetic shielded woofer
6.5 ohms impedance
Sensitivity 92 db
Bi-Amp capability
Dimension (approx) 42 height ; 9 width ; 11 breath
Surround Speakers
3 way 6 surround (theatre module )
6 mid base driver ; professional
2 super tweeter; 1 polyamide dome tweeter
center
regular with mid dome
naviworks-albums-set-up-picture245-popcornhour-c-200.jpg

naviworks-albums-set-up-picture250-popcorn-hour-action.jpg

source
popcorn hour c-200 network media player
price:24600
opinion: imported.expensive. center of attraction. right now using with 2TB seagate internal hard drive. will fix a blu ray drive later. gud interface and online support. plays all formats on earth. regular firmware updates. negative-slow boot up.
naviworks-albums-set-up-picture246-yamaha-rx-v607.jpg

AV receiver
yamaha rx-v667
price:19100
opinion: imported through friend. got it for $405. it does what it claims.a pretty good complete package
naviworks-albums-set-up-picture249-maxine-servo-voltage-stabilizer.jpg

maxine 1KVA servo based voltage stabilizer with output 110V for 667. price:3650
naviworks-albums-set-up-picture248-aoc-v24t.jpg

output
AOC v24t
price:13000
opinion: 24 inch monitor tv. will serve as my display till i get a led tv or projector.

all your comments are welcome

special thanks to venkatcr, suhasg, aminder and vijaykd

Good nice setup and a nice way to build a complete AV setup.

So, you playing everything through popcorn. How is the music output? Do you feel a need for a DAC?

Naviworks, I am very keen to get a PopCorn Hour C-200 for myself. I would be obliged if you could write a small review. BTW, the stools look solid and may actually be a good bet for simple and effective rack.

Cheers

@navi,

Very nice setup. Time to upgrade for a big screen. :clapping:

Please do post a review on your pop-corn hour.

Thanks,

Kittu

So, you playing everything through popcorn. How is the music output? Do you feel a need for a DAC?
yes i am playing everything through popcorn.
i am absolutely clueless about using DAC.will consider it after some research...
i need somebody (audiophile) to check my systems sound output nd giv me suggestions for improvement.
game anybody?

Naviworks, I am very keen to get a PopCorn Hour C-200 for myself. I would be obliged if you could write a small review. BTW, the stools look solid and may actually be a good bet for simple and effective rack.

Cheers

venkat am yet to connect PCH to internet through wifi and test its streaming capabilities.(since am having usb dongle for internet!,planning to get bsnl broadband and wifi modem soon) Also the media jukebox needs internet to get infos abt movies we play in PCH. i ll write a review after thoroughly experimenting with the device....give me some time...

btw, i think the media player market is waking up and some bigwigs are about to plunge into the market. i already heard abt couple of media players with intel chip inside. so have a gud comparitive study and u ll have a lot of options to choose from... (including ofcourse PCH C200)

.... and you ended with probably nothing in your pocket thanks u HFV :)

Atleast HFV made me to feed food for the senses.... i would have definitely wasted money in something else if not for this ;)

finally its a short life.... lets spend and enjoy... wat say?

I was under MoD for 11 years, know the trouble of moving items in every 3 years.

Setup looks nice & VFM, thanks for sharing.

youll be surprised to know some of my so called hifi clients swear by
those "shabby stools" as you call them

though i have many clients theres one i remembr whos had a vanderstein amp and now an Acoustic research tube integrated on such a stool
only now has he actaully gone out and gotten a custom rack done

clean , no fuss minimalistic setup
me like!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back