I want to understand, buy/build a good HT system (50K - 1L). Please help.

I would avoid Outlaw Audio as they have little experience in the design of sub woofers. They started off well with pre and power amplifiers as well as bass management systems. Somewhere they veered off and seemed to have lost their focus. They are now hawking Marantz products, making them, in my mind, just another dealer. Another issue is their products are strictly 110 volts.

Choose between the HSU and SVS.

Cheers

Guys,

Sorry for being out of touch for few days. Just returned from US trip. Here is the update

1) HSU VTF2MK3 - Purchased
2) Denon 2310 (220 V) - Purchased
3) Oppo BDP83 - Purchased

It was nightmare to bring these products from US. But alls well if it ends well. So I am happy.

Speakers are still pending, so still a lot to be done. Had audition at few places in Delhi before leaving for US.

I must say you can not decide upon speakers without audition.

Finalized on Paradigm Studio 60 as of now.

Roads and Traffic in Delhi is getting worse day by day and it was some work to visit various delaers in a single day. Gemini Traders at CP (Barakhambha rd) turned out to be better than expectation. Has a brand new audition room and carries Q-Acoustics and Sonus Faber apart from Paradigm. The guy spent around 2 hours with me, but I could not make any purchase though (US is cheaper for sure). Will visit him again during my next visit and will finalize floorstanders with him.

Have connected to Sub, AVR and BDP to speakers of my existing Sony system. It sounds great. I can visualize what will happen when the complete system will come to sound with Paradigm !!!!!

Thats all for now. Will keep you posted.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back