ICE with Navigation -- Suggeestions for Honda BR-V

Paritosh Jani

Hi people,

I am searching for a 2DIN head unit to replace the company fitted ICE - guess many know how short it is from current day [and some old time;) requirements. The output should match the company speakers [I know I know... but the BR-V has taken a good amount of toll on the pocket so that upgrade later].

Looking for one with following must haves [Priority -1]:
1. MP3 and CD player
2. USB connectivity
3. Bluetooth Hands-Free Mobile Support

Following should haves [Priority -2]:
1. Apple Carrplay support
2. Multimedia Touch Screen [upwards of 5"]
3. DVD support
4. Navigation System / Support [i guess not needed if Apple Car Play is supported]??

Which one would you suggest? I wouldn't like to spend more than 15k for now on the unit. I am a total nude in terms of ICE so my estimate might be short - in which case I am ready to go the extra minimal mile for sake of decent sound quality.

Please Give Your Suggestions.

P.S.:
The Second Phase of upgrade would be as close to audiophile level as the budget would allow with best possible sound within a budget of 30-40k - that would be a year later where I would also be willing to change speakers as well [can go up to 50k for that - but a year later].

Visit the local trusted accessories outlets in your city. Check with them, what they have that can full fill most of your requirements. Not all dealers carry the same stock. You could then post the options here for feedback or Shortlist yourself from the options they provide.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Thanks to all of you.

What I would like from you are suggestions of brands and their relative price bands- all I know of in this segment are Pioneer, JVC-Kenwood, Sony [not much presense], Alpine and JBL/Herman/Infinity [didn't find any head units though from the last mentioned trio].

Thanks to all of you.

What I would like from you are suggestions of brands and their relative price bands- all I know of in this segment are Pioneer, JVC-Kenwood, Sony [not much presense], Alpine and JBL/Herman/Infinity [didn't find any head units though from the last mentioned trio].

I have a soft corner for Pioneer head Units as I have used only them and they never failed on me. Speakers you could choose from Rockford Fosgate, Infinity, Focal, etc. Again try to listen to different combinations and pick the one that suits your tastes.

However, on a side note, I would suggest your try to retain your head unit and start with replacing speakers, adding an amp, sub, navigational and communication devices before replacing the OE headunit. Just a suggestion, based on experience.

MaSh

I would suggest your try to retain your head unit and start with replacing speakers,
MaSh

well, i have so me faith that the speakers would open-up a bit after some running them in - i experienced it first hand on my DZire. I had never driven the unit to extremes, but once i tried to play BASSOTRONICS track, with moderate low volume, it changed the complexsion of sound [for good!!!] in the speakers.

so my priority is head unit first, also because the company fitted 2 DIN unit is basic, I can't play music on the disks [and I have a lot of them] and its not much user friendly.

Go with JVC HU . It connects 2 mobiles at the same time on bluetooth . My android phone has music and it plays music while I use a basic key phone for conversations . So 2 phone connection is a must . With regard to navigation , I am sure none of the navigation HU are avaliable below 35000 . Best option would be to buy a sony xsp-N1 bt . Lets one use their phone for navigation . When I bought a Hu , I was searching for the XSP but i was not able to locate it . went with another model with similar features , but totally useless as the controls cannot be controlled through the android app .

so my priority is head unit first, also because the company fitted 2 DIN unit is basic, I can't play music on the disks [and I have a lot of them] and its not much user friendly.

Hmm Ok, in that case do audition the speaker HU combination before committing. Usually OE speakers are not that great, both build and sound quality wise. Also, changing the HU could leave the steering controls useless, unless the new HU can be used with some adapter.

MaSh

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back