If the subwoofer is switched off...AVR still filters the crossover frequency ???

chaitanyaht3

Hi all.... Just need a small clarification.

Let's say the crossover is set to 80Hz in the AVR. That means, any frequency below 80hz will be sent to sub, and frequencies above 80hz will be sent to speakers.

Let's say the sub is not powered on (switched off). Does the AVR detect that the sub is absent and send the full range frequency to speakers ???

Or .....we will not hear any frequency below 80hz ???

Any body can clarify please....
Thanks in advance
Chaitanya

The settings will be same whether you switched off or on the sub woofer.

thank you all.... I am also guessing the same....but just wanted to confirm.

So if the sub is switched off.... we will not hear any frequency below crossover, even if the speakers are capable of handling them !!!!

AVR filters below 80hz(if you have set that frequency)even when SW is switched off.To beleive it,simply turn on pure direct mode of avr and you will notice increased Bass in music.

I have a query related to this. Is it better to set the crossover from AVR or let the sub handle this. My BIC pl200 ii has a switch to select this and a knob to select the crossover. So if we let the sub handle the crossover and then switch off the sub , will the speaker's handle the lower frequency ?? I hope I m clear

Hi all.... Just need a small clarification.

Let's say the crossover is set to 80Hz in the AVR. That means, any frequency below 80hz will be sent to sub, and frequencies above 80hz will be sent to speakers.

Let's say the sub is not powered on (switched off). Does the AVR detect that the sub is absent and send the full range frequency to speakers ???

Or .....we will not hear any frequency below 80hz ???

Any body can clarify please....
Thanks in advance
Chaitanya
Hi,
Settings have to be done in AVR, the way you set your AVR the output is going to be like that, so if you have selected certain frequency out for sub it will be channelled that way only, the AVR will not sence and correct.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back