if u buy av 1911 u do not required dth hd???

mabhi10

many av receiver these days come with video up scaling which converters u r 480i to 1080 signal .which even other dth hd service provider also do that means if u have such receiver with ordinary d2h connection u do not required d2h hd ...

i request the member on forum who has such receiver plz comment on upscale quality ...dose it really look like hd ?????

that will be an upscale and logically it will upscale of what it has introducing new artifacts.. so by the end the actual source wont change however it will still make it better than what you have.. but with HD dth the source will output 1080i data and that will be a lot better in fact that will be HD..

but what dish tv is giving it will be equivalent 2 it
Actually, the upscaled channels on Dish HD looks better than SD primarily due to better compression and not upscaling. So even after upscaling through STB or AVR or TV (all current TVs do scaling to their native panel resolution), those "upscaled" HD channels on Dish TV may look better. If Dish do not upscale and instead use similar bitrate for their SD channels and compress using MPEG4, it may look far superior than these upscaled HD channels (as it would compress 5 times less ie original SD content only).

FYI - In India we have 576i broadcasts (PAL's Digital equivalent resolution) and not 480i.

Someone in this forum has mentioned with Denon 1910 that upscalinng was not that gr8.
Usually source(DVDp/BDp)can upscale better than entry level AVR.

many av receiver these days come with video up scaling which converters u r 480i to 1080 signal . on upscale quality ...dose it really look like hd ?????

not even close, no upscaler can make dth signals look like HD

^^
you will get the benefit with dvd's and other good SD sources, but not with dth sd channels

Someone in this forum has mentioned with Denon 1910 that upscalinng was not that gr8.
Usually source(DVDp/BDp)can upscale better than entry level AVR.

I have a 1910 and the upscaler does a pretty good job with SD tv content. To my eyes, the 1910's upscaler along with the TS SD STB does a job as good as the TS+HD STB for SD channels. When compared to my TV's internal upscaler and the Dish TruHD's upscaler, this one does a better job for what I need.

Now if you are looking at a DTH service which provides a HD STB to get better quality than a regular SD STB for SD channels, then I would not recommend doing that, the internal upscaler of the Denon 1910 does a very good job for that.

The main advantage of getting a HD DTH service is in the real HD channels. No upscaler will get you anywhere close to a proper HD channel. Try to watch a cricket match during the world cup or the Discovery & Natgeo HD channels on a HD STB and then decide for yourself.

But do remember that there are only a small handful of HD channels and both Discovery and NatGeo HD channels have a lot of repeated shows.

-- no1lives4ever

Back