ifi iDSD: a DAC that's "ahead" of the available music

call it a coincidence, had just finished reading a survey on 24-Bit vs. 16-Bit and i see this topic being discussed. here is the link to this very interesting survey,

Me too. Is the coincidence that we both read Hydrogen Audio forum? :eek:hyeah:

I do have a bookmark for Archimago, but hadn't visited him for some time.

guys the more i read the more i think i need to a phd to keep up - Thad i agree with you sometimes all these numbers & figures just get in the way.....

We do need PhDs to keep up. Several probably, in maths, physics, audio engineering. Just having good ears and a critical approach to music is not enough is not enough: digital sound is incredibly complex, and not intuitive.

That's no reason not to try, but a dose of humility is required. In my [humble] opinion, of course :)

While browsing today and reading the rave reviews I suddenly decided the micro idsd is going to be my next DAC. I really need this thing in my rack to satisfy my audiophilia. [emoji7] It should do as much to boost my self esteem and pride as a piece of rolled up socks in my pants. No more envying another man's closely guarded possessions and exclaiming "check out those rack(s)... tweeeeeet!". [emoji5]

I thought I had seen the end of big buck purchases. But I was wrong [emoji21] But this will be the last one...I promise.

G0bble

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back