IFI Mirco IDSD Dac

hi ajitelsy,

santa has been kind :)..

bet.. you found it under a christmas tree !

:D

have fun..

am sure with all albums you have in hi-res it should be a fun experience.

do keep this thread alive and post your experiences..

how are the wadia and the focals coming along now ?

I suppose you would have played for 150+ hours now ( the speakers )...

have a happy new year !

mpw

Hi mpw,
Thanks waited for two months got it at last on the rig the Focals are great even the Wadia but it cannot play DSD files getting a Marantz pm8005 for 58k thinking of buying it has been used for 1 week only asked him to hold it till I come back.As for hi res got some new dsd files actually SACD converted to pc have come to the conclusion that this sounds better than 96 or 192 thats to my ears.Will try to keep the thread going they do give a lot of accessories with the Dac will try to post some pics when time permits.Cheers.

Congrats. I also have been wanting to get my hands on this one.
Did you buy from the dealer there?

ajitelsy,

audition the marantz pm8005 and then decide ... do not go without audition..there are many nice amps there incl the Arcam A19 besides the usual suspects..

whats bothering you with the wadia ? is it not singing well together ?

as to dsd playback issue can be addressed by other members maybe hydra / sidvee / nikhil etc...

i am not too good at it..

njoi !!

mpw

Hi AVM,
No got it from the States the dealer in Kerala does not have it some 4 months back when I inquired.you can check the address is on the IFI website.

Congrats! It is an excellent DAC!

I had one with me for just a few days, and though I got to listen to it very little, it was clearly outstanding value for money (and size, heh heh).

The number of accessories iFi has bundled with the DAC is indeed surprising! The number of cables and adapters in the box should let you connect to nearly anything.

mpw,
The wadia is great I really enjoy it but I have no clue as to what dsd sounds on speakers and I really do want to know what it sounds like.Wrote to Wadia they ask me to choose the option of converting to pcm during playback on jriver 20 but you won't hear the real thing.Will try out the Marantz and decide.Thanks for the advice.Regards.

Hydra,
Thanks,i also was surprised when I unboxed it its charging at the moment will hear it tonight,i have the IDSd nano also that is what prompted me to buy the Mirco.Regards

Gentlemen,
Good Morning,well just started the dac using my Soundmagic E10 inears cause that's what i carry.
Album- Love Of Gold
Track 1) Telegraph Road-Dire Straits- DSD 2.8 MHZ - 1 bit DFF 2CH using ASIO bitstreaming.Well these guys really can make music and even though the dac is just started burn in sounds good though more to the treble side but crystal clear.

Album- Lamb Lies Down On Broadway- Genesis
Track 1- Peter Gabriel vocals really excels DSD 2.8 MHZ - 1 bit DFF 2CH using ASIO bitstreaming enjoyed the sound.

Album- Quiles & Cloud (Acoustic)
Track- Serida DSD 5.6 MHZ - 1 bit DSF 2CH using ASIO bitstreaming man this was the best totally clear its double DSD and i have the 2.8 version also but sort of fuller or louder sound.

Have to burn in the dac not possible at my workplace waiting to get home and give it my full attention.At home i can use the Grado's 325
Thanks all for the support.Cheers

Hi Sarith,
Most of the files I have bought from Bluecoast Records and downloads now quite expensive $ 40 for an album some from David Elias website.Some converted SACDs have got from a friend.Rgds.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back