ImageShack Issues

venkatcr

For the last nearly 30 odd days, I have trying to load images onto Imageshack. I always end up with an error. Day before, I downloaded their Uploader program, but that has also failed me. I was thinking my connection was slow, so I screamed at BSNL. Strangely and fortunately for me, they have fiddled with their server and I can see appreciably faster connections. But, I have yet no luck with ImageShack.

Does any one have any idea what could be wrong? Is there another site I could use that, maybe, has lesser traffic, and is more reliable?

Cheers

Last edited:
For the last nearly 30 odd days, I have trying to load images onto Imageshack. I always end up with an error. Day before, I downloaded their Uploader program, but that has also failed me. I was thinking my connection was slow, so I screamed at BSNL. Strangely and fortunately for me, they have fiddle with their server and I can appreciably faster connections. But, I have yet no luck with ImageShack.

Does any one have any idea what could be wrong. Is there another site I could use that, maybe, has lesser traffic, and is more reliable?

Cheers

i had similar issue day before yday, when finally i gave up.

These problems happens due to the absence of correct DNS server settings on our computer. I have solved most of my browsing related problem by putting in the DNS server addresses provided by the Airtel tech support guys.
Try contacting BSNL tech support for the DNS address suppoted by them and then put them manually onto your adaptor's settings.

Try contacting BSNL tech support for the DNS address suppoted by them and then put them manually onto your adaptor's settings.

My router IS using the DNS setting provided by BSNL. The issue is that ImageShack was working flawlessly for a long time and the started degrading from about a month ago. I have a feeling it is some timing issue. If the site does not get a ping from the user within some time, it just drops the connection.

Cheers

Hi Venkat,

Which browser are you using to navigate through the web ?
Have you tried different browsers and do the problem exist in all ? If you have not tried anything other than IE for imageshack, would you mind giving a try for Firefox and see if you are successful in uploading the images?

I actually hardly every use IE. It is either Firefox or Google Chrome. I also tried using an application (called Imageshack Loader) that I downloaded from the site. When I select some files for loading, the loader starts, goes to 4%, goes back to 1%, and keeps see-sawing for some time. Then it aborts saying it cannot upload the file as it encountered an error with the server.

Cheers

I actually hardly every use IE. It is either Firefox or Google Chrome. I also tried using an application (called Imageshack Loader) that I downloaded from the site. When I select some files for loading, the loader starts, goes to 4%, goes back to 1%, and keeps see-sawing for some time. Then it aborts saying it cannot upload the file as it encountered an error with the server.

Cheers

Hai venkat,

Pl try Picasa , its a breeze to use.

Picasa 3: Free download from Google

N.Murali

Venkat - I second Murali in suggesting Picasa. This (posting pictures) should not be such a tough thing. If you dont want to use Picasa for some reason then Flickr is not bad.

And as far as browsers go, do give Opera a try. It is the fastest and most efficient full featured browser that I have come across.

Murali and Bala, I have uploaded a file on Picasa on experimental basis. I know after some time I will find out, but if you have a quick method of creating the link to post the file as an image on HFV, I will be obliged.

When I ask for URL what is get is something like, 'http://picasaweb.google.com/109834639827173653003/Wolfgang_Haffner#5452941696613942690'. This does not show the image here in HFV, but just provides a link to Picasa where the file is stored.

Cheers

Murali and Bala, I have uploaded a file on Picasa on experimental basis. I know after some time I will find out, but if you have a quick method of creating the link to post the file as an image on HFV, I will be obliged.

When I ask for URL what is get is something like, 'http://picasaweb.google.com/109834639827173653003/Wolfgang_Haffner#5452941696613942690'. This does not show the image here in HFV, but just provides a link to Picasa where the file is stored.

Cheers

Hai venkat,

First download Picasa 3.0 software,then using login (of gmail account) you can upload photos and create your own albums, from your hard-disk or other drives. Then you can send an invite to others thro their email accounts so that they can also view your album. The upload time will also be very less IMHO.

N.Murali

Last edited:
Thanks, Murali. I have done all that.

What I was looking for was to post a image in a website and be able to show it inside threads in HFV. I kind of guess that is not possible with Picasa. If so, that is of no use to me.

Cheers

Thanks, Murali. I have done all that.

What I was looking for was to post a image in a website and be able to show it inside threads in HFV. I kind of guess that is not possible with Picasa. If so, that is of no use to me.

Cheers

Hai venkat,

What I have mentioned is one method. There are other methods like web hosting photos pl try them it must be possible.

N.Murali

For the last nearly 30 odd days, I have trying to load images onto Imageshack. I always end up with an error. Day before, I downloaded their Uploader program, but that has also failed me. I was thinking my connection was slow, so I screamed at BSNL. Strangely and fortunately for me, they have fiddle with their server and I can appreciably faster connections. But, I have yet no luck with ImageShack.

Does any one have any idea what could be wrong. Is there another site I could use that, maybe, has lesser traffic, and is more reliable?

Cheers

i think the man to answer this is unleash_me-

he always has the best pictures on the forum - each one right!

unleash_me - ?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back