importing onkyo 705 - us make

zelda_venom

as the title suggests i have finally planned on buying the tx-sr 705 in the us...so any compatibility issues...i guess this has been discussed a lot of times...but a final word on that would be gr8...

yea i mean compatibilty as in the ntsc-pal conversion and power supply issues....pls feel free to give ya inputs on this issue....

If possible buy 230V input.Heard you will get it online.
Conversions are always bad for music :)

as the title suggests i have finally planned on buying the tx-sr 705 in the us...so any compatibility issues...i guess this has been discussed a lot of times...but a final word on that would be gr8...

yea i mean compatibilty as in the ntsc-pal conversion and power supply issues....pls feel free to give ya inputs on this issue....

Most Indian DVDs are NTSC. I haven't yet seen an Indian movie that was PAL. Plus, most TVs sold in India are multi system. They can play all formats.

AV products bought in USA have never been a problem for me.

Alright now I don need to be confused abt NTSC-PAL conversion. I read in some forum that when you buy a step down transformer 220-110v , the wattage should be twice that of the receiver...in this case 700X2 = 1400 watts. if i could get a more specific idea abt this it would be gr8...n where in chennai i could get this....i know ritchie street is one place but any other ???

Stay on the tried and tested route. Why do you want to go another route which is not proven? To have a blown amp later, to save a few hundred bucks now?

Yes, pad the wattage by a double margin at least.

Back