Improving RR Evoque's default Meridien audio

you'd perhaps be surprised at how little many of us know about car audio and how badly its setup in most cars :D

Subscribed!
@ankitbhargava if I may ask few questions :) , how are you listening to audio in the current set up?
Is it an Android Auto/Car Play unit? If yes, are you using your Pixel connected with USB cable? Finally what music player are you using on your phone?

Last edited:
Connected spare iPad using Aux and the played through Spotify, it's already a good leap :)

IMG-20210422-WA0003.jpg

Subscribed!
@ankitbhargava if I may ask few questions :) , how are you listening to audio in the current set up?
Is it an Android Auto/Car Play unit? If yes, are you using your Pixel connected with USB cable? Finally what music player are you using on your phone?
Have been connecting Pixel via bluetooth and playing on Spotify :-/

All suggestions are welcome :)

you'd perhaps be surprised at how little many of us know about car audio and how badly its setup in most cars :D
And for me, the only time I get to listen to music is in Car :-D .. amazing audio make car amazing

Connected spare iPad using Aux
Do you have USB connection option? If yes, try that next.
If Aux is the only option then iPad HO is not that great. A good quality DAP or a Portable DAC or even a LG Quad DAC phone would be so much better!

Considering you listen to music mostly in car, you definitely need an 'upgrade'. :)

search for Gunbir on this forum he is the best guy for top spec cars . they have alot of options to take stock audio to next level without damaging stock cabling.

Do you have USB connection option? If yes, try that next.
If Aux is the only option then iPad HO is not that great. A good quality DAP or a Portable DAC or even a LG Quad DAC phone would be so much better!

Considering you listen to music mostly in car, you definitely need an 'upgrade'. :)
I do have "iPod" port, shall try that too.
search for Gunbir on this forum he is the best guy for top spec cars . they have alot of options to take stock audio to next level without damaging stock cabling.
:) Thanks

I do remember seeing some FiiOs in the sale section here. They could be worth checking out.

I can also suggest checking out Shanling Q1 and Activo CT-10. Both available locally, priced well and good sounding.
Took a lead now and ordered a Dragonfly Red :)
With Apple Music App on my Pixel connected to Aux, I am expecting a good improvement.

Additionally to play from Phone directly, also ordered https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B081ZLP7YN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for USB C to Aux compatibility ensuring Hifi streaming.

Last edited:
Got 96Khz working using DragonFly Red :) (that Magenta LED indicator brought a big smile on face)
Apple Lossless sounds incredible in Car, just incredible.
Clarity, tight bass, separation, crispiness ... everything has improved.

I had to use MacBook since I had issues with using my Pixel4 Phone to stream lossless on Apple Music App.
Somehow the output was really really low. Had to turn up Car Audio volume to 100%. I will sort that later.

df1.jpeg

df2.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure if this thread is still active.. However recently got hold of xDuoo XQ-50 Pro - You can source from Bangood or HIFiGO, with duty will come less than 7 K. It takes USB C power and out digital OR L/R analog out. Can take LDAC and AAC should suffice for Good wireless.
If planning for complete rewamp checkout products from AudioControl, they haves specific options for upgrading Factory setup.
Most Factory settings will kill bass to avoid the issue with their weak speakers. Try SOund deadening from Naico -> Speaker Upgrade -> AMP upgrade
cheers,
kannan

Last edited:
Not sure if this thread is still active.. However recently got hold of xDuoo XQ-50 Pro - You can source from Bangood or HIFiGO, with duty will come less than 7 K. It takes USB C power and out digital OR L/R analog out. Can take LDAC and AAC should suffice for Good wireless.
If planning for complete rewamp checkout products from AudioControl, they haves specific options for upgrading Factory settings.
Most Factory settings will kill bass to avoid the issue with their weak speakers. Try SOund deadening from Naico -> Speaker Upgrade -> AMP upgrade
cheers,
kannan
and its DC 5v ... right?

Got 96Khz working using DragonFly Red :) (that Magenta LED indicator brought a big smile on face)
Apple Lossless sounds incredible in Car, just incredible.
Clarity, tight bass, separation, crispiness ... everything has improved.

I had to use MacBook since I had issues with using my Pixel4 Phone to stream lossless on Apple Music App.
Somehow the output was really really low. Had to turn up Car Audio volume to 100%. I will sort that later.

Glad it worked out well in the end :)

I saw a video on YouTube where the installer mentioned that the meridians system reduces bass as we turn up the volume which makes it hard to use the headunit with a dsp. Not sure if he said that just to highlight his build or not.
Bose uses the same method in their home theater and portable products. The idea is to reduce distortion at higher levels that is associated with smaller drivers like the ones bose typically uses.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back