In Chennai - Looking for Banana plugs, etc?

mbhangui

I am in Chennai for an official visit. I have some time in the evening and I was thinking of going to Ritchie Street. Do you know where I can get banana plugs, spades, connectors, etc?

I am in Chennai for an official visit. I have some time in the evening and I was thinking of going to Ritchie Street. Do you know where I can get banana plugs, spades, connectors, etc?

You can go to the MX Showroom. I think its called Vinsun Traders.

Regds

welcome to chennai anyway!...there is a mohan musicals i guess which might help too but not exactly sure where it is!......

You can go to the MX Showroom. I think its called Vinsun Traders.

Regds

I had a fruitful shopping at Vinsun Agencies. Never new MX made such high quality spades and banana plugs

1547.jpg

2896.jpg

2897.jpg

2897A.jpg

I had a fruitful shopping at Vinsun Agencies. Never new MX made such high quality spades and banana plugs

I second that! All my connectors and cables are MX.:licklips:
Great quality for the money spent and whats more, they cater to three kinds of pockets ie entry-level, mid and mid-high.:D

No so-called high end snake oil stuff here. . .
:cool:

First one was exactly copy of Nakamichi plug which is available at ebay.com at $22 for pack of 24 with free shipping.

It may be Nakamichi plug which is being sold by MX after rebadging it. Search banana plug in ebay.com.

No so-called high end snake oil stuff here. . .
:cool:

exactly. I also took a look at their catalog. It is exhaustive. I could also find very high quality RCA plugs. When I do my final setup, I will get a good quality shielded cable and use these plugs to make my own interconnect with the exact lengths. Also toying with the idea of using coaxial cable used in cable tv. These have a superb webwound jacket shield. Only disadvantage is that they are not very flexible. But as long as your equipment is not going to move frequently, one can make all the interconnects of exactly the right lengths.

Last edited:

MX may be of reasonably good quality but not VFM I guess. I've heard that Neutrik and not only good but inexpensive as well. I do not have any personal experience though.

First one was exactly copy of Nakamichi plug which is available at ebay.com at $22 for pack of 24 with free shipping.

It may be Nakamichi plug which is being sold by MX after rebadging it. Search banana plug in ebay.com.

Yes. I too have the ebay Nakamichi plugs and the MX plug is an exact copy.

Hi mbhangui,

My experience with MX banana's have not been good, the brass screws lost the grip on the wires very soon and this resulted in poor imaging. So now running the spk wires directly, of course my experience were with their entry level plugs only. May be their costly plugs may be of good quality.

As for the RC plugs I would recommend the nuetriks any day, am using them on the TT output and they are really very good.

N.Murali

Are these plugs made from pure copper and gold plated? Or are they nickle brass mild steel aluminum or some alloy?

Something tells me the real test of acceptance lies in whether ones girlfriend would wear MX banana or spade plugs as earrings and trinkets... :eek:hyeah: :rolleyes:

-G

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back