In complete dilemma..Need help Guys

Get a stabilizer as quick as you can.

Can you make out if they are inside panel or on top ?

Not joking but try use some cleaner some times it can just be an illusion too of the marks on TV ...

How many pixels those lines occupy or in other words whats the width of the lines in pixels or in MM.
Well i am not sure if those other a/v ,power wires will play any role in this.
Also do you get a mild shock in touching those A/V wires like composite/component.

Voltage fluctuation can cause all kind of problems.

They're not very thick...umm , about the size of my baby finger..there are 3 lines.. They're only visible in black color ...

The problem is , i can't send it to sony for replacement as i bought it from grey market....I am a bit worried..
Please help.. :)

Kittu - No, it's inside the panel..

@ All - I found this on WikiPedia -

"If an LCD display is subjected to extreme heat or cold or physical shock, this could cause one or more TAB connections to fail inside the display. This failure is often caused by horizontally flexing the chassis (e.g. while wall mounting or transporting a display face up/down) or simple failure of the adhesive holding the TAB against the glass. TAB faults require replacement of the LCD display module itself. If these connections were to fail, the effect would be that an entire row or column of pixels would fail to activate. This causes a horizontal or vertical black line to appear on the display while the rest of the display would appear normal. The horizontal failure runs from edge to edge; the vertical failure runs from top to bottom."

This can be the case as the LCD was shipped from Delhi to Jaipur via Courier..
My question - Will this worsen ? Or it's gonna stay like that?
If it stays like this , i guess i don't have any problem... What say guys?

Kittu - No, it's inside the panel..

@ All - I found this on WikiPedia -

"If an LCD display is subjected to extreme heat or cold or physical shock, this could cause one or more TAB connections to fail inside the display. This failure is often caused by horizontally flexing the chassis (e.g. while wall mounting or transporting a display face up/down) or simple failure of the adhesive holding the TAB against the glass. TAB faults require replacement of the LCD display module itself. If these connections were to fail, the effect would be that an entire row or column of pixels would fail to activate. This causes a horizontal or vertical black line to appear on the display while the rest of the display would appear normal. The horizontal failure runs from edge to edge; the vertical failure runs from top to bottom."

This can be the case as the LCD was shipped from Delhi to Jaipur via Courier..
My question - Will this worsen ? Or it's gonna stay like that?
If it stays like this , i guess i don't have any problem... What say guys?

Did you try talking to the Grey market dealer you purchased from ? Some dealers are good so just give it a shot and talk to him tell him the problem ...... My friend bought a refurbished TV (samsung 50inch ) in USA knowing there is a straight vertical line on the panel but when there is picture the line is invisible he is using it for the past 2 years.... So try playing different content and see if they are invisible while TV is running .

Good Luck.

Did you try talking to the Grey market dealer you purchased from ? Some dealers are good so just give it a shot and talk to him tell him the problem ...... My friend bought a refurbished TV (samsung 50inch ) in USA knowing there is a straight vertical line on the panel but when there is picture the line is invisible he is using it for the past 2 years.... So try playing different content and see if they are invisible while TV is running .

Good Luck.

Yea, thats the same problem i got..
the lines dont show when there are different colors running ..it just shows when the screen is black and when i am really close to the LCD

I just wanna know that CAN the worsen and get darker or theyre gonna stay like that only?

Yea, thats the same problem i got..
the lines dont show when there are different colors running ..it just shows when the screen is black and when i am really close to the LCD

I just wanna know that CAN the worsen and get darker or theyre gonna stay like that only?

Can you photograph the TV when this happens and post it here. This should help others to understand the real problem.

Which book says LCDs should only have 3 point plug :rolleyes: my Sony LCD 3year old has a 2 point plug :cool:

Ideally, TVs should have 2 pin plugs. This is because while the TVs require really good earthing, it is provided by the 'circuit' that is created by the connection to the antenna. Also with the TVs beign built of mostly plastic, they act as natural insulators in the absence of earthing and reduce the risk to human life quite a bit. Also the active electical cicuits are separted from the plastic by an isolation transformer.

Finally having an earth is also prone to creating ground loop hums causing distortion to your pics etc.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back