In-search of Best Speakers, for my budget.

gillieee

Hi Friends,

I am a user of Yamaha YHT-296 for past 10 years now. I am planning to upgrade my HT, with the below specs,

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V6A
Towers: Yamaha NS-555
Surround: Planning to keep my old speakers itself
Atmos: Same old speakers which I was using for FL & FR

Center & Sub Woofer: These two confuses me a lot. I will list down my q's one by one.

Center Channel: In my country, I have two options,
1. Polk Audio T-30 : 14,933 INR
RMS Power Range - Speakers: 100 Watts
Peak Power Handling - Speakers: 200 Watts

2. Yamaha NS-C444 : 16,990 INR
RMS Power Range - Speakers: 100 Watts
Peak Power Handling - Speakers: 200 Watts

The spec sheet matches the same, but price wise Polk seems cheaper. I tried any comparison for these two, but there is no significant data online. Could any one of you please let me know, which of the two will be best for my package. I am ok spending 2K extra for Yamaha, but my concern here, what if Polk has a better output than Yamaha.

Sub Woofer: I currently hold my YHT-296 passive subwoofer with me, since my Towers are going to have their own sub, do I need to go for an active sub woofer?

Thanks & Thank you' s in advance,
Vijay

Why inclined more towards Yamaha LCR speakers? I am guessing you be getting Yamaha fronts as well with the center right?

Is it because you have Yamaha system?

Sure the V6A AVR is great one, but many good and better options available in the same pricd range.

You definitely need a subwoofer, if you are into movies the bass out of proper subwoofer and the lower frequencies it will produce cannot match the speakers.

Why inclined more towards Yamaha LCR speakers? I am guessing you be getting Yamaha fronts as well with the center right?

Is it because you have Yamaha system?

Sure the V6A AVR is great one, but many good and better options available in the same pricd range.

You definitely need a subwoofer, if you are into movies the bass out of proper subwoofer and the lower frequencies it will produce cannot match the speakers.
Thanks for your time and reply, I will start searching for an active sub woofer. Is there any comparison between Polk Audio T-30 & Yamaha NS-C444?

Thanks for your time and reply, I will start searching for an active sub woofer. Is there any comparison between Polk Audio T-30 & Yamaha NS-C444?

On paper both are almost identical, polk slightly has better frequency response. Don't look at watts, avr will hardly give so much watts to the speakers. Look at sensitivity and Freq Response, higher the sensitivity the better.

I have Polk Towers, TSX 440T and I will say one thing, they are very easy to drive and if set to large on the AVR, pack some good bass!

Hello everyone,
I am looking to buy Polk s30 in Mumbai. But, it's price shows around 24-26K online. My budget is max 18K. If there is any local dealer, then please suggest.
My LR bookshelf speakers are Klipsch R41M, which my relative had bring from Canada two years back. I had plan to get Klipsch center speaker through him, but due to COVID; the plan couldn't materialize. The Klipsch speakers here are very costly.
Someone suggested me to get Polk s30, bcoz it is the closest in terms of sound signature to Klipsch

On paper both are almost identical, polk slightly has better frequency response. Don't look at watts, avr will hardly give so much watts to the speakers. Look at sensitivity and Freq Response, higher the sensitivity the better.
I have purchased below

1. Denon AVC X4700H
2. Yamaha NS-555
3. Yamaha NS-C444
4. QAcoustics - for Surround
5. TSW 212 SE - Sub

Sub is yet to arrive, still more updates pending.
The above met my budget, so I had to stick with it.

I have purchased below

1. Denon AVC X4700H
2. Yamaha NS-555
3. Yamaha NS-C444
4. QAcoustics - for Surround
5. TSW 212 SE - Sub

Sub is yet to arrive, still more updates pending.
The above met my budget, so I had to stick with it.

I think I have used the TSW 212 SE sub in the past, good sub for the price. Though not as tight and precise found in the higher price bracket.
You will like it.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back