increasing tower speaker height to ear level..

subabu2002

dear members
, just got DALI oberon 5 tower speaeks and liked it lot.
but problem is listening ear level is higher than speaker atleast 1.5ft - 2ft.. because of room size limitations and bed cot..
do i increase the height of the tower speaker upto 1-2 ft? if i do , what are all the problems i will face? any suggestions

dear members
but problem is listening ear level is higher than speaker atleast 1.5ft - 2ft.. because of room size limitations and bed cot..
do i increase the height of the tower speaker upto 1-2 ft? if i do , what are all the problems i will face? any suggestions
Well if you liked how it sounds, better leave it as it is. You can definitively experiment which position sounds better.

On similar lines - I have gotten 18mm plywood boxes made and filled them with sand. I am pleased with the end result as such. The picture is a side profile.

dear members
For most of the time, It is better to keep the tweeters at ear level unless the speakers have a very good off axis performance.

You could get such a sandbox. Two advantages, flexible height adjustment and complete isolation from floor, removing bass boom.

MaSh

dear members
Lower level could reduce the soundstage height but some speakers can sound bright when the tweeter is positioned directly at ear level.
You can bend a little and try listening to them at ear level. If you prefer that, then go with a base stand.
Or you could even try tilting them slightly using a wedge underneath.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back