Indian warranty on receivers purchased in usa

crishna369

Dear Experts,

I am stayng in Pune and planning to buy a Yamaha Rx-v6a or a Sony str-dn1080 from USA through a friend. Seeking for your opinion on buying a non Indian product in respect to warranty and repair in india. Really appreciate your help.

Warranty will not be valid in India for AVRs purchased in US.
Some brands are not even providing warranty for AVRs purchased online or from unauthorized channel
It is better to check with the brand customer support and confirm before the buy.

Thanks for your valuable inputs. Is it worth buying product from USA considering warranty issues, voltage difference and service after sale? Or should I buy Denon AVR-X1600H India? It is costing me arround 58k from an online store called https://hifimart.com.

Thanks for your valuable inputs. Is it worth buying product from USA considering warranty issues, voltage difference and service after sale? Or should I buy Denon AVR-X1600H India? It is costing me arround 58k from an online store called https://hifimart.com.
Better to go with Indian warranty n local support is always good to reach out .
purchase with hifi mart is good n feel u can see pro sonics from Bangalore dealer who can give u even better price my personal opinion n also u can contact few more n compare where best u can get

I would not reccomend getting 110v devices.

Unfortunately, most electronics sold in the US is 110v only.

I would not reccomend getting 110v devices.

Unfortunately, most electronics sold in the US is 110v only.
I think, generally mass market products will have geo restricted sale target and business network. So, limiting to geo specific spec and warranty terms are critical to control the cross geo purchase/sale.

Recommend to go with Indian warranty especially if it is first AVR for peace of mind. Even after warranty period you will get paid service.

If you want to try your luck then u can get avr from usa. Even in india they are offering only 1 year of warranty, So u will be having 1 year of peace of mind.

Dear Experts,

I am stayng in Pune and planning to buy a Yamaha Rx-v6a or a Sony str-dn1080 from USA through a friend. Seeking for your opinion on buying a non Indian product in respect to warranty and repair in india. Really appreciate your help.
If the price difference between Indian and USA price is more than 30%, its worth taking the risk, Try to get 220v model from USA through sites like 220velectronics. Otherwise factor in the Cost of decent 110V Step-down transformer at 2.5-3k in the 30% discount calculations. Be careful about online Hifi prices ( for calculating) in India, they're mostly overpriced on online sites, local dealers offer the best deals as far as hifi devices are concerned. Warranty on Indian purchase isn't sacrosanct and they denied once saying its voltage fluctuations etc. Luckily most Metros have good technicians nowadays and 3rd party Paid service options for imported AVRs are quite reliable.

Also there are Grey market sellers in most Metros who easily counter the USA prices with 220V AVRs handcarried from Singapore etc, and offer decent seller warranty too. Always try to buy the latest and expensive FLAGSHIP ones, so that you get most price advantage ; otherwise its not worth the hassle considering the options available in India. HFV classifieds is another option to get Best bargains for used but well maintained AVRs when you compare it with Olx sellers. I did buy a midrange Yamaha AVR 7 yrs ago at 40% Indian price from USA and didn't have any issues whatsoever. But after that I didn't feel the need to get AVR from abroad because of local sellers.
Keep us posted!

Last edited:
After covid all dealers have increased the prices by 10-15% in india which is not the case with abroad markets. As rightly told by drkrack if we are getting high end av gear from abroad that will save us a lot of money as compared with entry level avr. Even if there is an issue with the avr u can send it back to usa as they will be having 3 years of warranty (hectic process though) and we can expect a replacement if not reparable.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back