INDIQAUDIO introduces Home Auditions?

Sorry, but the point that we might be getting benefited and hence the positive reviews was very tough to digest. This is probably the first or very few times I have reacted to a post.. I don't think anyone is getting paid , I know few of the fms who recommend Indiq personally and know none of them get paid a dime. All of us genuinely like the product & the person behind it and hence promote the same, I have dealt with numerous vendors in the past for purchases and the interactions were a lot before purchase and becomes nil post purchase. With Amit on the contrary we have always kept in touch, i have seeked his advice for purchases totally out of his selling area and I am sure he would do the same for anyone else too.

I too am against the idea of commissions or monetary benefits just for the sake I referred few members or auditioned products to them. Initially I was unable to find a Focal Aria 926 for audition in any showroom and @jarneevan was very welcoming despite the situation & not knowing me personally , to allow me to audition at his home & I believe that's how courteous most of the forum members are. I hope that we don't entertain any brand to utilize our reach in such manner and if anyone of us are indeed doing that, then be very upfront so one is aware.
Below are my user impressions across various units I demoed and the reason I preferred Indiq - https://www.hifivision.com/threads/indiq-audio-group-buy.82920/post-936162 . (

P.S - As you see here too the products I own are in the forefront for recommendations, but this is purely because I auditioned the lot and have gone ahead and made the purchases in accordance to my liking

Nice to see company standing by its products. I can ensure that i have nothing against them and also nothing against FMs who love their products. I understand the joy and satisfaction when you know that the product you own is backed up by good support, i have experienced it. Its just that i feel that while writing reviews and especially recommendations, it should not sound biased (this is an actual strategy with well known reviewers as well). The person reading the review should be able to know the positives as well as negatives of the product, and be able to judge whether the product would suit him or not. Generally if i have to buy a product i always look to read for negative things wherever i can find them. Maybe i sound pessimistic but its just my personal opinion. I certainly have nothing against anyone.

why are home auditions, which are a norm in other countries, viewed with such great suspicion in india? For the first time ever, a company in india has taken a fantastic initiative and I applaud it. none of the respected FMs ever pushed the agenda for home audition.
The biggest problem I see is not with the cosmetic damage upon home trial returns but with the smell of cooking on speaker grills and rock wool /polyfill inside the cabin while tried out in small flats without proper exhaust. I had picked up used speakers in the past which had smell of masalas whihc never went away even after 3-4 months of use. I don't know if others care about these things too much.

Nice to see company standing by its products. I can ensure that i have nothing against them and also nothing against FMs who love their products. I understand the joy and satisfaction when you know that the product you own is backed up by good support, i have experienced it. Its just that i feel that while writing reviews and especially recommendations, it should not sound biased (this is an actual strategy with well known reviewers as well). The person reading the review should be able to know the positives as well as negatives of the product, and be able to judge whether the product would suit him or not. Generally if i have to buy a product i always look to read for negative things wherever i can find them. Maybe i sound pessimistic but its just my personal opinion. I certainly have nothing against anyone.
Yup you are absolutely right to look for the negatives, I would do the same to be sure that negatives don't affect the genre of music I listen to.
As I have mentioned in the impression, I find it an all-rounder which does absolutely well in the lower frequencies & lushful manner of vocal presentation, fairs well in the treble region without losing out on the details but not as sparkly as some of the KEF/Focal offerings and the imaging is slightly lacking in comparison to the more expensive alternatives. I have outlined the same in my user experience , they do have some fms in Noida who have purchased their units and once situation improves would certainly recommend you to try it out & list out your observations.

The biggest problem I see is not with the cosmetic damage upon home trial returns but with the smell of cooking on speaker grills and rock wool /polyfill inside the cabin while tried out in small flats without proper exhaust. I had picked up used speakers in the past which had smell of masalas whihc never went away even after 3-4 months of use. I don't know if others care about these things too much.
True that. I too wanted tob mention that companies giving home trials have to deal with such issues which makes it disadvantageous for them if people start returning them simply because they were a auditioning h it for the kicks. Being a cheap Indian, it would be disingenuous of me to state that the thought never crossed by mind.

Talking about masalas, i had to constantly keep telling my household help to close the kitchen door while she was cooking till the point was eventually driven home. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If I may be so impertinent as to ask on what basis is this assertion being made?
My context was the 'Direct Sale' approach Amway introduced in this subcontinent. Looks like the Indaq guys are taking a similar route letting the existing customers Demo their product thus getting rid of the middle chain. This will save them a good amount of $$$. At the end of the day, I hope they will pass the monetary benefits to the customers. :)

My context was the 'Direct Sale' approach Amway introduced in this subcontinent. Looks like the Indaq guys are taking a similar route letting the existing customers Demo their product thus getting rid of the middle chain. This will save them a good amount of $$$. At the end of the day, I hope they will pass the monetary benefits to the customers. :)

They are not asking anyone to do that, neither have they mentioned that on their website recommending people to do the same.
That's exactly what @liverpool_for_life is pointing out asking for a reference where you have deduced that the company is using existing customers as medium for demo. There is no middlemen, there is no chain , its just FMs inviting each other in good faith. That's how I got to know a lot of good fellow FM's and we borrow, lend & audition lot of things not limited to IndiQ.

Their page clearly states how the home audition works, don't understand where the confusion is. Its really funny to see the thread deviate from the original topic and move into the topic of commissions, amway chains & what not.

They are not asking anyone to do that, neither have they mentioned that on their website recommending people to do the same.
That's exactly what @liverpool_for_life is pointing out asking for a reference where you have deduced that the company is using existing customers as medium for demo. There is no middlemen, there is no chain , its just FMs inviting each other in good faith. That's how I got to know a lot of good fellow FM's and we borrow, lend & audition lot of things not limited to IndiQ.

Their page clearly states how the home audition works, don't understand where the confusion is. Its really funny to see the thread deviate from the original topic and move into the topic of commissions, amway chains & what not.

Gentlemen, i don't think @OM_2K19 meant it as a pyramid scheme. Unless im terribly mistaken and reading, I believe he was equating it to the direct to home approach that amway employed. Its just that the pyramid scheme is what comes to mind when we think Amway.

A better example would the equating it to the approach that SVS and most other US based manufacturers employ. In fact, REL also does it nowadays.

Last edited:
Gentlemen, i don't think @OM_2K19 meant it as a pyramid scheme. Unless im terribly mistaken and reading, I believe he was equating it to the direct to home approach that amway employed. Its just that the pyramid scheme is what comes to mind when we think Amway.

A better example would the equating it to the approach that SVS and most other US based manufacturers employ. In fact, REL also does it nowadays.
I know amway only as a pyramid scheme , so probably you are right in that sense. But this statement "Looks like the Indaq guys are taking a similar route letting the existing customers Demo their product thus getting rid of the middle chain" is wrong, Indiq guys are not taking any approach here to be honest. But again I may be wrong here & thinking very one dimensionally due to the way this thread has progressed :)

I know amway only as a pyramid scheme , so probably you are right in that sense. But this statement "Looks like the Indaq guys are taking a similar route letting the existing customers Demo their product thus getting rid of the middle chain" is wrong, Indiq guys are not taking any approach here to be honest.
If you follow the popular hifi youtubers, "cutting the middlemen out" is what they use while describing a direct to home sales approach. Since that is the approach employed by SVS, look at how much cheaper their products are. To understand "cutting the middlemen" out as implying that existing customers are making a cut out of the additional sales would be reading words that were never spoken, at least in @OM_2K19's case. :)
But again I may be wrong here & thinking very one dimensionally due to the way this thread has progressed :)
But i understand where you're coming from. The manner in which this thread progressed cast a doubt on the integrity of everyone admiring INdiq's product without perhaps that ever being the intention of those who are suspicious of Indiqs business model.Sometimes a good night's sleep helps relax frazzled nerves and clear things up. ;)

Last edited:
Are we mixing up two parts of a business model - ‘Customer Relationships’ and ‘Channels’ in this discussion? What Indiq seems to be doing (based on these threads, I have no direct knowledge of theirs), is banking on ‘word of mouth’, ‘reviews’ or even ‘endorsement/promotion’ by happy/delighted existing customers. This is quite common with some brands. Think Harley Davidson, or even Fiat. The loyalty/engagement level of their users could even make it feel like a cult! (Not saying that’s happening with Indiq Audio, but that even if it does, there’s nothing wrong per se). Indiq Audio surely seems to be appealing to the hearts of a customer segment that values local manufacture and service that outdoes itself.

However, that doesn’t mean that the company is using customers as a channel. That’s what Amway does, for example. Demonstrating, stocking, selling are some of the activities channels engage in. I doubt Indiq Audio would ‘depend’ on its existing customers to even demonstrate. Rather, the home trial offer kind of conveys to me that they don’t/ don’t want to. The channel they seem to be building is not ‘multilevel’, but ‘direct’. The difference between these needs to be understood. Other Indian brands like Lyrita or even Acoustic Portrait (to my knowledge) also employ the direct channel, without intermediaries. It helps a great deal in attractive pricing.

But when you do that, especially for a high involvement product like audiophile audio, arranging demos becomes the biggest challenge. Indiq Audio seems to be pioneering (in India) home trials to resolve that challenge. Of course it will have to face those difficulties mentioned in this thread, most of them to do with behaviour and handling by customers not used to home trials and courier services known to damage stuff. But I imagine they’ve thought through that and built it into their contracts, insurances and eventually, their financial models.

Clearly there’s no evidence that Indiq Audio is using or plans to use existing customers as a channel. So I’d rather look at their customers’ exuberance and activism as a result of good-natured, unselfish intentions, even if I get irritated at times by it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
the demo based approach is an attractive gesture for customers. This kind of approach is definitely appreciable in indian market. They will take a security amount and send the product (i think its for their speakers only at present). Now lets read a little what they say

In case customer places the order, the security amount will be adjusted against the product price.

They dont mention that if the buyer wants to keep the speaker after paying and adjusting security, whether the buyer will be getting new piece or the earlier demo piece that was sent ( pls anyone clarify if i misunderstood).

Please note that they write its for two months period only. They hope that most of the people will keep the products and not return them. Its nothing wrong if the buyer feel positive about their approach. Its best to judge for yourselves. I would be glad if they clarify the point i mentioned above clearly.

They have a good upgrade and return policy also within one year of purchase. But i did not understand below condition as a buyer.

15 - day return is applicable to only laminate and standard laminate shades (brown walnut and black walnut) as displayed on the website

Now on the contrary, lets see headphonezone home audition approach.

See how clearly they remove doubts of all the points in their faq section. The customer will get a new piece if he decides to buy and headphonezone will arrange pickup. This installs more confident in me as buyer.

Just my two cents. I am not associated with either headphonezone or indiqaudio.

Gentlemen, let’s all relax!

I spoke to Amit from Indiqaudio last night regarding my ongoing HT and I brought up the discussion points on this thread with him. Keeping all the emotions out, this is what he said:
  • The home demo is only available in Bangalore for a limited time of 90 days because they believe that people are too afraid, and understandably so, to go out for auditions, as well as for the safety of their employees. In case a customer goes for their product, they will send the demo unit back, a new product will be delivered and deposit will be adjusted against the product price.
  • Demo equipment will be delivered from their warehouse; no current customers will be requested to participate. All products will be sanitized before delivery.
  • The home demo has no bearing on their business model. They have never had and would never have a middleman. To avoid mis-selling, they will still have a clear line of communication with the customers. Commissions, freebies, and other forms of compensation would never become part of their business
  • In case of any damages, they will be extremely reasonable to arrive at damage estimate and have put checks and balances in place so that the potential customers are not impacted. In case of tampering and/ or non-transit related damage, the repair cost will be deducted from the security deposit. He explained that when something is there for few days along with a decent security deposit, people will value it and take care of it. But yes, there would be exceptions and they will deal with it in a reasonable manner.
  • In general, for outstation auditions, Indiqaudio will consult their existing customers to see whether they are comfortable to extend audition, and only if they are, their contact information will be shared with prospective customers. Again, there would not be any sort of compensation for such a kind gesture
Hope this helps clearing lot of doubts

Gentlemen, let’s all relax!

I spoke to Amit from Indiqaudio last night regarding my ongoing HT and I brought up the discussion points on this thread with him. Keeping all the emotions out, this is what he said:
  • The home demo is only available in Bangalore for a limited time of 90 days because they believe that people are too afraid, and understandably so, to go out for auditions, as well as for the safety of their employees. In case a customer goes for their product, they will send the demo unit back, a new product will be delivered and deposit will be adjusted against the product price.
  • Demo equipment will be delivered from their warehouse; no current customers will be requested to participate. All products will be sanitized before delivery.
  • The home demo has no bearing on their business model. They have never had and would never have a middleman. To avoid mis-selling, they will still have a clear line of communication with the customers. Commissions, freebies, and other forms of compensation would never become part of their business
  • In case of any damages, they will be extremely reasonable to arrive at damage estimate and have put checks and balances in place so that the potential customers are not impacted. In case of tampering and/ or non-transit related damage, the repair cost will be deducted from the security deposit. He explained that when something is there for few days along with a decent security deposit, people will value it and take care of it. But yes, there would be exceptions and they will deal with it in a reasonable manner.
  • In general, for outstation auditions, Indiqaudio will consult their existing customers to see whether they are comfortable to extend audition, and only if they are, their contact information will be shared with prospective customers. Again, there would not be any sort of compensation for such a kind gesture
Hope this helps clearing lot of doubts
This is great @Pratyush J . I am sure now this will clear most of our doubts.
It great to see such customer centric approach from IndiqAudio. No wonder their customers are the brand ambassadors. Hats off to the team!

Regards,
Som

I didn't wanted to mention this earlier but seeing everyone arguing about this. Here is my end of the story.

When I first heard of IndiqAudio last year through Hifivision. I reached out to them as there were very few reviews and I was very skeptical on how the made in India speakers will be considering the medium to high price point.

To keep the long story short I wanted to setup a 5.2.1 Atmos system. The whole package cost quoted was high for me so I was negotiating. The offer/suggestion that was given was that I can buy the entire system on discounted pricing and If I wish I can become there channel partner. They will help me to setup a demo room at my home and whenever any customer reaches out to them for demo within the same city then they can schedule a call with me for the product demo. If the customer likes it and buys it then I will get a small percentage of the sale.

I liked the idea but didn't have the budget to buy it at that time plus my wife was not much happy about the idea of allowing a unknown person home .

To sum it up when I heard Indiq is providing home demo I thought that as many user bought from Indiq recently through a Hifivision's bulk order they might have opted for the above offer. Again this is my assumption and may or may not be true.

Not everyone can afford good HT system and if someone is getting a opportunity to do so then there is no harm in it.

I didn't wanted to mention this earlier but seeing everyone arguing about this. Here is my end of the story.

When I first heard of IndiqAudio last year through Hifivision. I reached out to them as there were very few reviews and I was very skeptical on how the made in India speakers will be considering the medium to high price point.

To keep the long story short I wanted to setup a 5.2.1 Atmos system. The whole package cost quoted was high for me so I was negotiating. The offer/suggestion that was given was that I can buy the entire system on discounted pricing and If I wish I can become there channel partner. They will help me to setup a demo room at my home and whenever any customer reaches out to them for demo within the same city then they can schedule a call with me for the product demo. If the customer likes it and buys it then I will get a small percentage of the sale.

I liked the idea but didn't have the budget to buy it at that time plus my wife was not much happy about the idea of allowing a unknown person home .

To sum it up when I heard Indiq is providing home demo I thought that as many user bought from Indiq recently through a Hifivision's bulk order they might have opted for the above offer. Again this is my assumption and may or may not be true.

Not everyone can afford good HT system and if someone is getting a opportunity to do so then there is no harm in it.

Now whatever you were assuming makes total sense , I too would not like to be a channel partner for the exact same reason of not wanting strangers to come visit home and that too with the obligation of entertaining them being a channel partner. Agree there is nothing wrong from making a quick buck and getting some money back this way.

However if anyone is a channel partner then ethically a full disclosure would be the ideal as the recommendations would not necessarily be in the best of interests when any fm asks for suggestions.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back