Info regarding himedia hd600c

siddharthhim

Hi guys,

I am planning to buy a HD600C but I have some doubts regarding the player.As I am a complete novice when it comes to HD media players , I would be grateful if you could solve some of my queries.

1)Does it support external Hard disk and if yes then what formats?Also how is the quality when playing 1080p files from the same?

2)Can the Bit Torrent feature still work when connected to an external hard disk and store the downloaded data on the same?

3)Also I would like to know how efficient is the torrent downloading feature of this device?Can it substitute a PC when it comes to downloading a torrent file.

4)Is it possible to get after sales support and service on the device and how reliable is this brand?

5) Please suggest me the best possible place as well as the price to purchase this?

Thanks

Hi Coolpal:

600C is a decent enough player. I have it for the past 15-20 days.... Though I am yet to sit and configure torrent and NAS part alone (hectic work, since this is the last month of the financial year .... :mad:)

But I have tried almost all the other features... It practically plays all the video & audio formats. I have a Panny 42X30D, which is a 720P with upscaling capabilities when you play 1080p to some 980P or something.... The clarity literally blows u away.....

It is an excellent bet for Rs. 7000 (from Detna Bangalore). Raghu - owner of Detna is a very polite and nice person and has promised to take care of any support issues.

To answer few of your specific questions:

Yes - There is a slot for an internal hard disk (I have a 2GB WD Cavier Green Harddisk) and have connected 2 Seagate external HDD (1TB each) to the 2 USB ports.

I am yet to try torrent... so pass for q no. 3 :D

It is a reliable brand, though most of HFV members have the 600B model.... There was a good Rs. 2000 diff in price (for features like touch screen on the box - which you will practically never use)... so went for this....I have already touched upon the support part above...

Please contact Raghu, Detna - Bangalore @ +91 98459 71261

I bought it for 7K, 2 weeks ago... not sure if budget had its effect ;)

p.s. The site loaded pretty well for me.... it has nice pics too, to show all details... let me know if you still cannot see it, I'll convert it to a PDF and upload it here.

Rdgs/ Baala

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back