Initiating for new Tamil LP

vmscbe1974

I have been contemplating for releasing a small number say around 25 LP for tamil films compilation
1. Sathya
2. Naaigal jakirathai
3. Mehindi circus
4. Pandrikku Nandri sollu
will have to talk to the producers and music director who are known to me. Will this be worth the attempt to revive regional Lp . Just curious.

I am game for it. Let's get the compilation after knowing the possible titles. Personally, I would love to hear Santhosh Narayanan on Vinyl- Madras, Cuckoo, Attakathi as full albums. Select tracks from Kabali, Soodhu Kavvum, Kadhulum Kadandhu pogum.

25 is a small count. I think we needed A minimum of 300 LPs when we did ARR collection release. Is such a small scale possible?

I have been contemplating for releasing a small number say around 25 LP for tamil films compilation
Would be wonderful if you can manage this. Curious about the 25 Number, did anyone confirm this can be done ?
I am game for it. Let's get the compilation after knowing the possible titles. Personally, I would love to hear Santhosh Narayanan on Vinyl- Madras, Cuckoo, Attakathi as full albums. Select tracks from Kabali, Soodhu Kavvum, Kadhulum Kadandhu pogum.

25 is a small count. I think we needed A minimum of 300 LPs when we did ARR collection release. Is such a small scale possible?

From what we had learnt during the ARR and Mahesh bhatt releases, the minimum pressing quantity for an LP is 300 at any pressing plant. Perhaps the only potential way to circumvent this is via 3D printing which is yet to make its mark in the LP world.

Even if you target doubling the cost it would need a sale of 150 copies anyway

I'm for it ...

You have a Tamil AAR Collection release in LP ?

What about amarrass records? Inreco had a plan to release an LP in tamil for Priya but no news. what we need is access to masters and physical rights. I know we are threading on a thin line . But the thirst for vinyl never dies. there seems to be lot of vinyl listeners for tamil songs pertaining to ilayaraaja . new film songs no idea at all. Still lets keep the pot boiling so we can try to do some revival.

What about amarrass records? Inreco had a plan to release an LP in tamil for Priya but no news. what we need is access to masters and physical rights. I know we are threading on a thin line . But the thirst for vinyl never dies. there seems to be lot of vinyl listeners for tamil songs pertaining to ilayaraaja . new film songs no idea at all. Still lets keep the pot boiling so we can try to do some revival.
Even satyam audio had released one, you can check where they pressed it

1. Sathya
2. Naaigal jakirathai
3. Mehindi circus
will have to talk to the producers and music director who are known to me. Will this be worth the attempt to revive regional Lp . Just curious.
But, the masters are already digital. Still may get better sound than CD if the CD is not well done. Again matters to guys who owns better Turntables than their CD players.

The below link US pressing plant listed tariff for each vinyl manufacturing activity. I think they accept minimum order because even they listed one time setup charge of 85$ for order those quantity below 500 records.

Nice one.. I went to 12" quote generator and got a quote of $1695 + shipping & taxes for transfer from tapes (the most expensive option). The transfers from CDs/Digital sources are slightly cheaper. Minimum order quantity is mentioned as 300 which we try to generate quote.

I think amarrass uses digital files as the source. I remember seeing a video of them on youtube where they were cutting LPs one by one using a cutting heard and Technics SL1200 turntable.

Are these the only albums we are looking at ?

1. Sathya
2. Naaigal jakirathai
3. Mehindi circus

Not at all. since the music director and producers are known to me thought as an idea to kick start. otherwise we need to move with the music company succumb to their marketing hiccups . So if these people could help for small quantity production and to introduce new vinyl audiences would be a trend setter.

Not at all. since the music director and producers are known to me thought as an idea to kick start. otherwise we need to move with the music company succumb to their marketing hiccups . So if these people could help for small quantity production and to introduce new vinyl audiences would be a trend setter.

Got It... All Supports from me !!!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back