Initiating for new Tamil LP

Hello Friends, It is a great news that people are at least talking of release of LP records in Tamil Music. Whatever master it is, the quality must be good to produce LP records.

If the proposal is serious, I may be of help in marketing the LPs to some extent.

But, personally, if the digital master is of good quality, the Audio CD is the best option for new films and it is cost-effective. But if we want a good quality CD, the cost may be around 200 Rupees per CD.

I am looking for spool masters if possible for the eighties Tamil movies to get pressed either on LPs or ACDs.

Anyway, any efforts for producing Tamil LPs my small support will always be there.

Thanks and Regards,
Senthilkumar.

Hello Friends, It is a great news that people are at least talking of release of LP records in Tamil Music. Whatever master it is, the quality must be good to produce LP records.

If the proposal is serious, I may be of help in marketing the LPs to some extent.

But, personally, if the digital master is of good quality, the Audio CD is the best option for new films and it is cost-effective. But if we want a good quality CD, the cost may be around 200 Rupees per CD.

I am looking for spool masters if possible for the eighties Tamil movies to get pressed either on LPs or ACDs.

Anyway, any efforts for producing Tamil LPs my small support will always be there.

Thanks and Regards,
Senthilkumar.
Senthil Kumar that’s so nice of you to join the initiative . Iam from coimbatore . 80s mostly with echo label . Not possible right now with the tussle for royalty . You have any contacts with Aditya music ? They have the rights to pyramid titles

Dear Mr. Srinivasan, You had already given your phone number a week or two ago. I will talk to you regarding this. Officially modern cinema got permission to manufacture and market the Echo Titles. Before that Agi Music got the rights. But due to royalty issues, Ilaiyaraja Sir filed a suit and I think the case was going on and recently Raja Sir has won the case on 19.8.19. But both the companies didn't bring any new titles other than the Original Oriental Titles. Either they copied the Oriental Cds or they compiled. Long back Ramy Records had rights for European Countries for some titles. Now they are releasing a lot of Echo Titles already released as well as unreleased. ( I am not sure they have rights for the new titles) Because they are not selling officially in any Indian outlets, only individuals are selling at a very high unreasonable rate. But I don't know even without knowing the original quality of the titles, people who haven't heard the quality of the original songs, people are buying it at a very high rate just for a fashion of buying Ilaiyaraja Music and they have the affordability. Because of these reasons, true music lovers like me struggle to buy even one Pyramid Cd now and even Ramy Cds. As I had mentioned already, I had almost all of the Raja Sir's Collections, I lost most of the Pyramid and Oriental that too pressed in the USA in the 2015 floods in Chennai. Not only that. I lost most of the Original Rare Lps like Auto Raja, Annai Ore Aalayam, Ponnu Oorukku Pudhusu, etc. I had a lot of Original Audio Cassettes also, even those got lost to the worst condition that I could not recover even a few titles.

Coming back to the point, that was the reason I am very much interested in LP manufacturing. But, what I feel is unless the records are produced from the Original Sound Track that is the spool master, the sound quality will not be good as it was earlier. But, I doubt, most of the LPs now released are mostly from Digital Masters they had for Audio Cds.

I have some good friends, who will buy the new LPs at a present reasonable rate if they are sure about the quality.
To some extent, I can remaster the originals with excellent quality if the master is in good condition. Even with good LP records, we can remaster the songs to 90 percent quality as earlier.

Anyway, whoever does the initiative, my support will always be there.

Aditya Music has the Pyramid Rights, but ........ ! Rest in person.

BTW, Sir, do you have PUDHUKKAVITHAI ep or LP in good condition, (without any bit of noise)
there are lot of Echo Records with Excellent quality as well as a few with worst quality. (eg. KAI KODUKKUM KAI) esp. with Thaazhampoove Vaasam Veesu. Also, do you have POOVILANGU and KOMBERI MOOKKAN in new condition?

Rest in next Post.

With Love,
Senthilkumar.

Dear Mr. Srinivasan, You had already given your phone number a week or two ago. I will talk to you regarding this. Officially modern cinema got permission to manufacture and market the Echo Titles. Before that Agi Music got the rights. But due to royalty issues, Ilaiyaraja Sir filed a suit and I think the case was going on and recently Raja Sir has won the case on 19.8.19. But both the companies didn't bring any new titles other than the Original Oriental Titles. Either they copied the Oriental Cds or they compiled. Long back Ramy Records had rights for European Countries for some titles. Now they are releasing a lot of Echo Titles already released as well as unreleased. ( I am not sure they have rights for the new titles) Because they are not selling officially in any Indian outlets, only individuals are selling at a very high unreasonable rate. But I don't know even without knowing the original quality of the titles, people who haven't heard the quality of the original songs, people are buying it at a very high rate just for a fashion of buying Ilaiyaraja Music and they have the affordability. Because of these reasons, true music lovers like me struggle to buy even one Pyramid Cd now and even Ramy Cds. As I had mentioned already, I had almost all of the Raja Sir's Collections, I lost most of the Pyramid and Oriental that too pressed in the USA in the 2015 floods in Chennai. Not only that. I lost most of the Original Rare Lps like Auto Raja, Annai Ore Aalayam, Ponnu Oorukku Pudhusu, etc. I had a lot of Original Audio Cassettes also, even those got lost to the worst condition that I could not recover even a few titles.

Coming back to the point, that was the reason I am very much interested in LP manufacturing. But, what I feel is unless the records are produced from the Original Sound Track that is the spool master, the sound quality will not be good as it was earlier. But, I doubt, most of the LPs now released are mostly from Digital Masters they had for Audio Cds.

I have some good friends, who will buy the new LPs at a present reasonable rate if they are sure about the quality.
To some extent, I can remaster the originals with excellent quality if the master is in good condition. Even with good LP records, we can remaster the songs to 90 percent quality as earlier.

Anyway, whoever does the initiative, my support will always be there.

Aditya Music has the Pyramid Rights, but ........ ! Rest in person.

BTW, Sir, do you have PUDHUKKAVITHAI ep or LP in good condition, (without any bit of noise)
there are lot of Echo Records with Excellent quality as well as a few with worst quality. (eg. KAI KODUKKUM KAI) esp. with Thaazhampoove Vaasam Veesu. Also, do you have POOVILANGU and KOMBERI MOOKKAN in new condition?

Rest in next Post.

With Love,
Senthilkumar.

Senthil sir nothing to worry . The titles you mentioned are not that rare for not to be found . You can surely get back but may be not in pristine condition . Nothing to worry keep hunting you will get back the titles . I have all the titles you mentioned but all in around 90% condition . My collection is almost 5000 records .

Now they are releasing a lot of Echo Titles already released as well as unreleased. ( I am not sure they have rights for the new titles) Because they are not selling officially in any Indian outlets, only individuals are selling at a very high unreasonable rate.
New Raimy releases of old title is available for as low as 300 to 500 per CD. I have got a few in that price range. But quality is a hit or miss. Some sounds good and some are bad (digitally remastered which sharp high).
Amman Kovil Kizhakale (Ramiy) [ACD 1165].jpgAnjali (Ramiy) [ACD 2305].jpg Brahma (Ramiy) [ACD 2292].jpgDalapathi (Ramiy) [ACD 2288].jpg

Oh my dear Hassan,

Will you please upload the backside also, so that I can (we all) know what are the songs included and omitted. Let me know if all the songs of Amman Kovil Vasalile are included. Because Vaitheki Kaththirunthal has 7 songs, Pattukkoru Thalaivan has 8 songs, again AKV has about 9 songs !!! How about Bramma, are all the songs 5 included, does Idhayam has Pottu vaiththa of Raja Sir's Version.

BTW, as skroderider asked, where and when did you buy them. Do you have Kottai Vasal and Vasantha Malargal on PYramid? Will we still get the discs.

Love,
Senthil.

Senthil sir nothing to worry . The titles you mentioned are not that rare for not to be found . You can surely get back but may be not in pristine condition . Nothing to worry keep hunting you will get back the titles . I have all the titles you mentioned but all in around 90% condition . My collection is almost 5000 records .

My Dear Srinivas,

Yes, I have been hunting all around the places, but, as for as I believe, if the record is scratchless only then it is worth collecting now. That too, now they are all selling at a very heavy price. Initially, we bought new records not more than 100 Rupees. Now, ....... @@@!!!@@@...!!!. But, Still, there are very rarely people are selling for a reasonable price in good condition too, but they are very hard to be seen. Last month I bought some EP records in good condition for Rs. 50 each.
But they are not big titles. I am looking for Vandichchakkaram in good condition, also Ennadi Meenaatchi.

Shall talk to you in the morning. Let me know if we can meet in the second week in Coimbatore.

With Love,
Senthilkumar.

Oh my dear Hassan,

Will you please upload the backside also, so that I can (we all) know what are the songs included and omitted. Let me know if all the songs of Amman Kovil Vasalile are included. Because Vaitheki Kaththirunthal has 7 songs, Pattukkoru Thalaivan has 8 songs, again AKV has about 9 songs !!! How about Bramma, are all the songs 5 included, does Idhayam has Pottu vaiththa of Raja Sir's Version.

BTW, as skroderider asked, where and when did you buy them. Do you have Kottai Vasal and Vasantha Malargal on PYramid? Will we still get the discs.

Love,
Senthil.
I will send the back image later. I do have Kottai Vasal and Vasantha Malargal on PYramid.
Kottai Vaasal (Pyramid) [PYR 8021].jpg

But, the masters are already digital. Still may get better sound than CD if the CD is not well done. Again matters to guys who owns better Turntables than their CD players.

Yes, you are right to some extent, but, our thirst is like that. We expect the same old quality of LPs for new films.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back