Insurance for our beloved AV systems ? Suggestion / Tips....

I dont believe there is any way to financially protect yourself in case if something goes down. All electronic goods deplete in value tremendously and dont believe any insurance would be willing to cover it at even half the cost considering the likelihood of such things happening.

However what you can do to protect your equipment is to make sure of the below
i) Never try changing cables when your device is on. Other than speaker cables I never change anything with the device being on (prefer doing that also while device is off as accidentally you might end up shorting it if not careful)

ii) Ensure that anytime you connect new equipment , start playing it from lowest possible volume to notice for any hiss/static noise and also to avoid any sudden surge in volume.

iii) Use good brand spike busters , preferably use either a servo stabilizer or an online UPS to keep your equipment safe.

iv) Regularly dust off the equipments to prevent accumulation of dust as much as possible.

v) Dont work on integrating new equipments or making complicated wire connections while tired, I have done this a few times and have screwed up few connections in the past but luckily nothing happened.
Exactly, there's less chance of anyone to insure electric goods as most of the electric goods are most of the time have a low lifecycle and we have to change them soon

Like some people pointed out , most of these are for businesses , but HDFC covers home electronics it seems . I just checked with a random figure of 10lakh home cover .30% can be claimed for electronic equipments . Premium is 8000 per year for 10lakhs
That offer from HDFC is considerably fair to be honest, here most of the company don't insure electronic items but if some companies do they charge heavily

That offer from HDFC is considerably fair to be honest, here most of the company don't insure electronic items but if so
That offer from HDFC is considerably fair to be honest, here most of the company don't insure electronic items but if some companies do they charge heavily
Long back I have taken home insurance and included electrical goods also. When the picture tube is damaged bajaj electronics settled the amount.
me companies do they charge

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back