insurance schemes for electronics

Well for 25K TV, the entire coverage is hiked, for example fire/burglary is 15 lakhs, TV is 25k, fridge is 30k and so on.

the [premium for that is 11,666 rs. Is that what you took or did they customize and increase TV coverage alone????

TV coverage alone, for not too much more, i definitely didn't pay 11k....and i think i paid 4k or less.

Well for 25K TV, the entire coverage is hiked, for example fire/burglary is 15 lakhs, TV is 25k, fridge is 30k and so on.

the [premium for that is 11,666 rs. Is that what you took or did they customize and increase TV coverage alone????

The agent I spoke to said, its not possible. Also, is it possible for you to PM whom you spoke to?

One more favour: Whats are the rider, i mean if an equipment breaksdown say 1 week after buying the policy (touch wood) will they cover it or will they say its an existing fault or something?
The agent from tomorrow it will be covered but only after i buy the insurance they will even give me the document so I dont know whats the finer implications are. Did you read the fine prints?

I didn't speak to an agent I spoke directly to Tata AIG, this was a telemarketing call to which I responded :), but after doing some research and reading up their material. Again I can't remember if I read the entire policy document. I need to hunt for it (I am not the most organised person on earth). Once I locate it I will convey the details to you. They can definitely calibrate the coverage levels, that I can confirm, because I've done it.

The agent I spoke to said, its not possible. Also, is it possible for you to PM whom you spoke to?

One more favour: Whats are the rider, i mean if an equipment breaksdown say 1 week after buying the policy (touch wood) will they cover it or will they say its an existing fault or something?
The agent from tomorrow it will be covered but only after i buy the insurance they will even give me the document so I dont know whats the finer implications are. Did you read the fine prints?

Sorry, I meant a Customer Service agent from AIG, I wrote an email to AIg and they called back and gave these details. Can your PM your contact, would like to discuss few points :)

do they cover products purchased outside India?

There is a way to go about this too when you need an Insurance cover for an imported product. Ask a dealer of Hi-end Audio/Video stuff to issue you a bill for your product, in all if he knows you well then for him doing such a thing shouln't be much of a hassle as all in all he is going to charge you for vat on the amount of the bill he is creating. Doing this will make your purchase legitimate and would be liable for an Insurance cover as desired by you.

Back