Interest Check: LPs

@denzong,
i am back in mumbai on the 16th and should be there till the 24th. so pm me your number and we can co-ordinate.

@anm, i never heard back from you, and as already mentioned, I have segregated all the titles you mentioned. so when i come back to delhi, i could carry them for you.
lemme know.

Hi Malvai,

Can you send me lps to my address in Nashik?

Regards,

Sachin

Hi,

This is really

some of it dates back to my dad (50s jazz), my mom, (joan baez) and then me (70s rock) and then my wife (80s indipop and bollywood). with the exception of my wifes & moms contribution, most of the other stuff is from the US or UK, and the condition varies as one would expect from a 50 year or 40year old record. and there are some gems - there is the original pressing of harry belafonte - live a carnegie hall, in stereo, joan baez - music of Isreal; there is some led zep which is in pristine condition, some hendrix, some 60s and 70s muzak (heard of the shadows?).. there's more, I just do not recollect..

the reason for this post is, to understand, would this stuff have any value? would it be of interest to any of the vinyl-o-philes?

at the outset, let me explicit say, that while I do want to part with it; I do not want to sell it. I am perfectly happy to give it away, provided that the value (if any) gets unlocked in say, a donation to HFV or to some other noble cause..

of course, this is assuming the stuff has value. I would be keen to get your responses, and depending to that I can take the time to catalog what I have and it's condition. again, depending on responses and suggestions, I can take this forward.

thanks

Do you still have this 'harry belafonte - live a carnegie hall, in stereo".. I love this, and played so often and so much, its nearing its life. Wish to own, another set, if any one offers

Do you still have this 'harry belafonte - live a carnegie hall, in stereo".. I love this, and played so often and so much, its nearing its life. Wish to own, another set, if any one offers

They have all gone. A long time ago. Would suggest you pm Malvai, who took care of the logistics. He may know who has the lp and then maybe you can figure out if that person will part with it.

Or

You could just buy the cd. I did..:eek:hyeah:

Recently purchased Harry Belafonte At Carnegie Hall - The Complete Concert 1976 sealed copy for just 14.00 only from 991.com. :yahoo::yahoo:

68751908.jpg
66376647.jpg

46956240.jpg

Recently purchased Harry Belafonte At Carnegie Hall - The Complete Concert 1976 sealed copy for just 14.00 only from 991.com. :yahoo::yahoo:

68751908.jpg

Stunning!! I have one of this double LP with me, but heavily used by me, to entertain my kids, who love them so much with that Banana Boat/Day O/ Women Smarter.

i wanna lay my hands on a fresh piece..

How much was the landed up cost?

Stunning!! I have one of this double LP with me, but heavily used by me, to entertain my kids, who love them so much with that Banana Boat/Day O/ Women Smarter.

i wanna lay my hands on a fresh piece..

How much was the landed up cost?

Landed cost (No import duty charged) 14.00.

Back