Interest Check: LPs

Hi Malvai

No probs buddy, eagerly awaiting:licklips:

Took my Garrard to the guy Rajiv had referred. Seems to be a very knowledgeable guy. He opened it up and figured that Idler wheel has worn out and advised replacement of cartridge with Shure M 44-7E or M55E

My search is on.

Rgds

Rajesh

Hi,

The shure M55E was produced in the 60's (1964 to be precise). Did you find it for sale? It is 45 years old cartridge.I am using this cartridge on my technics Sl-d303 with good results.I have recently ordered stylus for it from JICO.I know one person from Mumbai has two -three unused M55e cartridges.

Regards,

Sachin

Last edited:
Hi,

The shure M55E was produced in the 60's (1964 to be precise). Did you find it for sale? It is 45 years old cartridge.I am using this cartridge on my technics Sl-d303 with good results.I have recently ordered stylus for it from JICO.I know one person from Mumbai has two -three unused M55e cartridges.

Regards,

Sachin

Hi sachin,

Can you inform us where you are ordering the stylus from?

N.Murali

hey, I hope everything is fine. Any plans of showing up at my place?

Hi Capt, I had to rush off to new delhi on very short notice. The LPs have been sorted and packed. Will get them couriered when I touch home base. Thanks for bearing with me....

Hi,

Regards,

Sachin

It continued to be manufactured by Shure right up to the early 90s, and original styli (NOS) are still available on eBay. A good mid-level cartridge. JICO styli are excellent too (having used a SAS model myself), and so is their customer service.

rgds

It continued to be manufactured by Shure right up to the early 90s, and original styli (NOS) are still available on eBay. A good mid-level cartridge. JICO styli are excellent too (having used a SAS model myself), and so is their customer service.

rgds

Yes original styli are available,but JICO's are excellent after market styli better than Shure.SAS are not available for this cartridge.

Regards,

Sachin

Hi sachu888,

Any idea if SAS type stylus, is available for Audio-Technica AT-91, and if so whats the price?

I have gone thro the JICO website and very useful. Infact I purchased a JICO stylus for my AT-91, from Singapore some time back and it sounds good, don't know how long its gonna last.

And lastly have you heard Grado Black cartridges?, do they suit Technics TT, mine is SLD212 model. Seems to have good reviews.
Are they better than Shure M97XE.

Thanks in advance,

N.Murali

Hi sachu888,

Any idea if SAS type stylus, is available for Audio-Technica AT-91, and if so whats the price?

I have gone thro the JICO website and very useful. Infact I purchased a JICO stylus for my AT-91, from Singapore some time back and it sounds good, don't know how long its gonna last.

And lastly have you heard Grado Black cartridges?, do they suit Technics TT, mine is SLD212 model. Seems to have good reviews.
Are they better than Shure M97XE.

Thanks in advance,

N.Murali

Hi,

There is no SAS type stylus available for AT91.
Grado cartridges are prone to hum on most of the TTs.Grado black and green carts have less bass than most of the Shures.Grado's known to be poor trackers.There is a Grado hum database on Audiokarma.Please find the link below.

The NEW Grado Hum Database - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

Regards,
Sachin

Hi Sachu888,

From the AK website Grado hum database it is observed that Technics SLD202 gives hum, hence mine may also give hum, so let me avoid Grado.

Again thanks for the info.

N.Murali

Hi everybody,

I've beena a little out of things, but I did notice the thread slipping a little OT! from which, I can only surmise that the reciepients have received the LPs. Do post your experience, if you have the time (including the effort required to clean years of muck away from the vinyl).

also, a gentle reminder to all recipients / beneficiaries to put in a suitable donation to a suitable "do good" organisation(note i did not say "charity") since I would like you guys to consider HFV as a potential recipient as well.

Belated diwali wishes to all.

Kapvin

Hi everybody,

I've beena a little out of things, but I did notice the thread slipping a little OT! from which, I can only surmise that the reciepients have received the LPs. Do post your experience, if you have the time (including the effort required to clean years of muck away from the vinyl).

also, a gentle reminder to all recipients / beneficiaries to put in a suitable donation to a suitable "do good" organisation(note i did not say "charity") since I would like you guys to consider HFV as a potential recipient as well.

Belated diwali wishes to all.

Kapvin

HI Kapvin!

Actually, all LPs have been sifted out as per various member choices and packed.... but at the last momnet I had to rush out to Delhi (as my wife was to deliver - we had a baby boy, incidentally)... I am gonna be back in mumbai on the 22nd and will despatch the stuff by the 23rd!

Sorry about the delay, but could not help it....

HI Kapvin!

Actually, all LPs have been sifted out as per various member choices and packed.... but at the last momnet I had to rush out to Delhi (as my wife was to deliver - we had a baby boy, incidentally)... I am gonna be back in mumbai on the 22nd and will despatch the stuff by the 23rd!

HI,

congrats Manav.

Regards
Sachin

HI Kapvin!

Congrats Manav..

HI Kapvin!

Congratulations.... :)

we had a baby boy, incidentally)...
Congratulations ! Manav.

mighty_tiny.jpg
:lol:

Congratulations Manav.....with the little one around you would now be hearing a different but much better "Sound of Music"

Would you happen to still have some of Kapvin LPs with you which have not yet been taken....I yes I would be interested as they would continue to remind me the joy of selfless giving....Who is the coordinator for Delhi for moving/distributing these LPs.

Viraj
Delhi

hi viraj, firstly thanks for he good wishes.... I will look into it and see if there are any LP's left unclaimed.

I will be bringing the Delhi lot with myself on my return on the 26th. so will keep you updated. Just PM me your contact no.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back