Interest Check: LPs

I would be interested in Lps of Kishore Da, Hendrix if you can spare one. I dont have a TT but aim to have one to play the good ol songs.
Appreciate your effort to encourage donations for good cause.

May be this may sound a better idea to few!!!! and may be workable if we unite and moreover have time !!!

Can the LP's can be kept/distributed evenly to specific members place distributed to few cities and can be exchanged by all who have TT present and have plan in future? Like Madbullram chennai / Iaudio- cochin/Kittu1997-Banglore / xxxx - hyderabad / xxx-mumbai /anm-delhi..... So it can become a library for Hifivision members:)

Last edited:
May be this may sound a better idea to few!!!! and may be workable if we unite and moreover have time !!!

Can the LP's can be kept/distributed evenly to specific members place distributed to few cities and can be exchanged by all who have TT present and in plan in future? Like Madbullram chennai / Iaudio- cochin / xxxx - hyderabad / xxx-mumbai /xxx-delhi..... So it can become a library for Hifivision members:)

XXXXX Bangalore :rolleyes: replace the X's (Kittu) ;)

Of course, i cannot enforce that, but I believe in trusting my fellow man. By and large, I've found people mostly live up to trust you put in them.
That's true.
Can't wait for the list. Thane being just half an hour from Kalyan I can collect vinyls I like:licklips: also would be nice meeting you.
regards

Hello Kapvin,

I'm keen on the 50s jazz and 70s rock Lps, but I'm also willing to take the entire lot, while meeting the conditions requested by you.

I live in Mumbai, and can arrange for a pick-up. Do PM me with your list, and address details.

regards,

kapvin, sorry I was in a hurry so couldn't understand the thread correctly. I will not resell, of course. If I don't like, don't need anymore, they will come back to the forum to be circulated again. Amount to be donated can be decided by you or everyone here. I would be interested in non-hindi LPs mostly, as I have built a decent collection of hindi LPs now.
I have not understood the redistribution funda.

gives me the idea.. all the ppl who are donating .. unless too perticular on donating to a specific cause, shall rather donate to a common fund... , the whole amount shall then be donated to any cause under the umbrella of hifivision. i envision getting good press in print for our community so that more ppl come to know of our community n join/visit us.

hey how about selling the LPs at about Rs 150 per LP. this will cover your shipping costs. The rest of the amount can be donated to HFV. HFV i'm sure could use some funding. Up until now they have been doing free seva for the Indian audiophile. The mods too are doing a thankless job.

Maybe, you can split the monies into two halves. One to donate to HFV the other to create mementos for our three mod's. As a thank you for the time they give to run this forum.

That's my two bits. Coz i really believ charity begins at home. And HFV is home to many of us.

hey how about selling the LPs at about Rs 150 per LP. this will cover your shipping costs. The rest of the amount can be donated to HFV. HFV i'm sure could use some funding. Up until now they have been doing free seva for the Indian audiophile. The mods too are doing a thankless job.

Maybe, you can split the monies into two halves. One to donate to HFV the other to create mementos for our three mod's. As a thank you for the time they give to run this forum.

That's my two bits. Coz i really believ charity begins at home. And HFV is home to many of us.

Dear Malvai, thanks for the perspective.

The LPs are FOC. my initial idea was that the money be donated to hFV as well, as I echo your sentiments on this completely. in fact, i've donated 10% of the money i generated from the sale of my pre-owned av stuff on this forum.

But i really wanted to leave that decision and the quantum to people who get the stuff. coz there are some really great condition LPs, some collectors stuff, and on others, YMMV. so let people experience and then decide how much that experience is worth.

On shipping costs, lemme get a fix of how much it costs to ship, and if it's not significant, that's on me too.

On the way forward.. the stuff is spread in various cartons in various parts of the house.. i'll start the catalog today and should put up an initial list by today evening. here's how I i'm thinking I'd do it.

1. Album/ Artist name
2. Manufacture info India/us/uk/year
3. Condition of Jacket of a scale of 1-5
4. visible condition of LP - scratchless, minor scratches, major scratches, warped etc.
5. any specific/ noteworthy comment regarding that album.

any suggestions?

EDIT:: just reached home (much later than planned).. and really do not have the energy to do this today. sorry, most likely thursday or maybe tomorrow if I get home in time..

Last edited:
Dear Malvai, thanks for the perspective.

The LPs are FOC. my initial idea was that the money be donated to hFV as well, as I echo your sentiments on this completely. in fact, i've donated 10% of the money i generated from the sale of my pre-owned av stuff on this forum.

But i really wanted to leave that decision and the quantum to people who get the stuff. coz there are some really great condition LPs, some collectors stuff, and on others, YMMV. so let people experience and then decide how much that experience is worth.

On shipping costs, lemme get a fix of how much it costs to ship, and if it's not significant, that's on me too.

On the way forward.. the stuff is spread in various cartons in various parts of the house.. i'll start the catalog today and should put up an initial list by today evening. here's how I i'm thinking I'd do it.

1. Album/ Artist name
2. Manufacture info India/us/uk/year
3. Condition of Jacket of a scale of 1-5
4. visible condition of LP - scratchless, minor scratches, major scratches, warped etc.
5. any specific/ noteworthy comment regarding that album.

any suggestions?

EDIT:: just reached home (much later than planned).. and really do not have the energy to do this today. sorry, most likely thursday or maybe tomorrow if I get home in time..

sorry for the delay.. have been reaching home rather late due to some challenges at work. I hate not being able to keep to my timelines.. but i should have at least a part up for the weekend.

here are the first 25- edit 50..
album, country of pressing, jacket condition on scale of 1-10, lp condition on scale of 1-10, year of pressing if known, any comments.

s.no Album Name country jacket LP Year Any comments
1 Led Zepplin- The song remains the same (2LPs) USA 6 7 1976 nice jacket with good album liners
2 Nazia Hassan-Disco Deewane india 3 4 1980
3 Booker T & the M.G.s melting pots India 4 4 ?
4 Creedence Clearwater Revival- Pendulum India 2 3 ?
5 George Harrison india 1 mia
6 katrina & the waves india 4 6 1985
7 Abba - The Visitors England 5 7
8 Hammond fascination- TW Ardy presents 28 top hits for dancing india 4 5 ? seems to be hammond organ music
9 The Beatles - Sgt pepper loney hearts club band india 1 3 terrible state - but it's th beatles
10 Led Zepplin - Physical Grafitti USA 7 8 awesome jacket with windows
11 Prokofiev - Piano Concerto No 2 USSR 4 7 Russian Classical LP
12 Hooked on Swing 2 - Larry Elgart and his manhattan swing orchestra USA 5 7 1983 nice easy swing..
13 Rock n Roll forever Vol2 india 5 7 1985 Awesome 50s-60s rocknroll - gene vincent et al
14 Sound of Music - OST England 5 7 1966
15 Bruce Springsteen- Born in the USA india 5 5 1985 "borrowed" from a friend
16 Classical Gold _- London Philharmonic 4 LPs of light classics England 5 8 awesome light classical
17 Dylan's Greatest hits. india 2 4
18 Carole King- fantasy india 1 ?
19 simon & garfunkel- sounds of Silence india 2 4
20 New orleans rhythm kings - with "jelly" roll morton USA no jacket only sleeve 5
21 Roberta flack-First take india 2 4
21 Jose Feliciano - Fireworks USA 3 4
22 Joni Jamesin "award winning album volume 2" USA 4 4
23 pandit hari prasad Chaurasia india 5 5 t -series lp double
24 Led Zepplin III USA 8 8 nice album cover with a rotating disc
25 bob dylan "new morning" India 3 5
26 Osibisa - Heads india 5 5
27 Harry Belafonte - Live at Carnegie Hall USA 3 5 much played - used to be a family favourite
28 Ferde Grofe's "Grand Canyon suite" USA 5 5
29 Bryan Ferry - "These foolish things" USA 5 5
30 Carmen Caravallaro - dancing in the dark USA 5 5
31 the doors - absolutely live USA 5 6
32 Roger Williams - greatest hits (instrumental) USA 5 6
33 The Dave Brubeck Quartet- Jazz Red hot and cool USA 4 5
34 Ella Fitzgerald sings the George and Ira Gershwin Songbook USa 4 5
35 the Jimi Hendrix Experience - Axis Bold as love USA 6 ? Radical cover with lost of Hindu god motifs - may offend the deeply religious
36 Musical Spellbinders - Harold Coates & his orchestra USA 4 5
37 France - Stanley black conducting the London Festival Orchestra USA 6 7 London Records- Great music -stuff like can can etc.
38 Antony Venture orchestra - dream music England 6 6
39 Honeymoon in manhattan - instrumental England 4 4
40 Dance with the "shadows" England 2 3
41 CCR- willy & the poor boys india 2 3 heavy LP
42 Gotuyadyam- N ravikrian india 5 7 special pressing by the United india insurance company
43 the beatles - rubber soul india 3 3
44 Joan Baez in Concert part 2 USa 5 5 Vanguard connoisseur recording
45 Ravi Shankar - India 4 5
46 Our Paris - Frank Pourcel USA 4 5
47 Donna Summers - love to love you baby india 4 4 the 2nd side with all it's moans and groans was much played
48 famous scenes from Sir. John's Production of Hamlet USA 4 4 all spoken - no music
49 The Beatkes - Rock n Roll music india 4 5 double album
50 Greatest love themes of the 20th century- ferrante - teicher India 4 4

this is fyi only, please no bookings etc.. till the entire first batch is out.. (about 75 LPs)

Last edited:
this is the first batch - i've left out those lps which I beleive would be a challenge to play. on scoring---> 10 would be brand new unused, 9 is like new, 8 would be scratchless and minor use..
7 would be normal use. etc.
1-2 would be playable but with visible scratches that may spoil your sound expereience.

similarly on jacket condition.

these are the lps that were in my study (inside the sofa cum bed), the others are packed away in some attic and I have a tendon tear on my left arm so i cannot do any search right now.

s.no Album Name country jacket LP Year Any comments
1 Led Zepplin- The song remains the same (2LPs) USA 6 7 1976 nice jacket with good album liners
2 Nazia Hassan-Disco Deewane india 3 4 1980
3 Booker T & the M.G.s melting pots India 4 4 ?
4 Creedence Clearwater Revival- Pendulum India 2 3 ?
5 George Harrison india 1 mia
6 katrina & the waves india 4 6 1985
7 Abba - The Visitors England 5 7
8 Hammond fascination- TW Ardy presents 28 top hits for dancing india 4 5 ? seems to be hammond organ music
9 The Beatles - Sgt pepper loney hearts club band india 1 3 terrible state - but it's th beatles
10 Led Zepplin - Physical Grafitti USA 7 8 awesome jacket with windows
11 Prokofiev - Piano Concerto No 2 USSR 4 7 Russian Classical LP
12 Hooked on Swing 2 - Larry Elgart and his manhattan swing orchestra USA 5 7 1983 nice easy swing..
13 Rock n Roll forever Vol2 india 5 7 1985 Awesome 50s-60s rocknroll - gene vincent et al
14 Sound of Music - OST England 5 7 1966
15 Bruce Springsteen- Born in the USA india 5 5 1985 "borrowed" from a friend
16 Classical Gold _- London Philharmonic 4 LPs of light classics England 5 8 awesome light classical
17 Dylan's Greatest hits. india 2 4
18 Carole King- fantasy india 1 ?
19 simon & garfunkel- sounds of Silence india 2 4
20 New orleans rhythm kings - with "jelly" roll morton USA no jacket only sleeve 5
21 Roberta flack-First take india 2 4
21 Jose Feliciano - Fireworks USA 3 4
22 Joni Jamesin "award winning album volume 2" USA 4 4
23 pandit hari prasad Chaurasia india 5 5 t -series lp double
24 Led Zepplin III USA 8 8 nice album cover with a rotating disc
25 bob dylan "new morning" India 3 5
26 Osibisa - Heads india 5 5
27 Harry Belafonte - Live at Carnegie Hall USA 3 5 much played - used to be a family favourite
28 Ferde Grofe's "Grand Canyon suite" USA 5 5
29 Bryan Ferry - "These foolish things" USA 5 5
30 Carmen Caravallaro - dancing in the dark USA 5 5
31 the doors - absolutely live USA 5 6
32 Roger Williams - greatest hits (instrumental) USA 5 6
33 The Dave Brubeck Quartet- Jazz Red hot and cool USA 4 5
34 Ella Fitzgerald sings the George and Ira Gershwin Songbook USa 4 5
35 the Jimi Hendrix Experience - Axis Bold as love USA 6 ? Radical cover with lost of Hindu god motifs - may offend the deeply religious
36 Musical Spellbinders - Harold Coates & his orchestra USA 4 5
37 France - Stanley black conducting the London Festival Orchestra USA 6 7 London Records- Great music -stuff like can can etc.
38 Antony Venture orchestra - dream music England 6 6
39 Honeymoon in manhattan - instrumental England 4 4
40 Dance with the "shadows" England 2 3
41 CCR- willy & the poor boys india 2 3 heavy LP
42 Gotuyadyam- N ravikrian india 5 7 special pressing by the United india insurance company
43 the beatles - rubber soul india 3 3
44 Joan Baez in Concert part 2 USa 5 5 Vanguard connoisseur recording
45 Ravi Shankar - India 4 5
46 Our Paris - Frank Pourcel USA 4 5
47 Donna Summers - love to love you baby india 4 4 the 2nd side with all it's moans and groans was much played
48 famous scenes from Sir. John's Production of Hamlet USA 4 4 all spoken - no music
49 The Beatkes - Rock n Roll music india 4 5 double album
50 Greatest love themes of the 20th century- ferrante - teicher India 4 4
51 Don henley - building the perfect beast india 5 5
52 the doors- Greatest hits India 5 5
53 Mantovani and his orchestra England 6 7
54 herb Alpert's tijuana brass vol2 india 3 5
55 Creedence Clearwater Revival- Pendulum (2nd copy) india 2 6
56 Tchaikovsky- nutcracker suite- royal philharmonic india 3 5
57 the doobie brother - farewell tour usa 5 6 double album
58 Abba- voulez vous india 3 5
59 Abhimaan - OST India 5 6
60 Nikaah- OST india 4 3 not great condition but great music
61 Ghazals - Mehdi Hassan india 4 4
62 the sound of the shadows india 3 4
63 tender is the night - andre kostelanetz USA 4 4
64 the beatles please please me India 2 4
65 Monty - mantovani and his orchestra usa 4 5
66 joe gilbert and eddie brown - the magic of their singing usa 4 4
67 20 solid gold hits vol 5 - incl. lobo, stevie wonder et al usa 4 5
68 the best of Traffice india 5 5
69 Shostakovich - piano sonatas nos 1 & 2 ussr 5 7
70 the lvoes songs of talat mehmood india 2 4
71 the beatles - 1967-70 india 4 5
72 Mohd rafi - misc india 4 4
73 Armaan - OST india 5 5
74 Pyaasa india 5 5
75 Love story (the kumar gaurav one) india 5 5
76 Begum Akhtar - in memoram india 5 5
77 Radha Nandy and his drums india 3 5
78 jethro tull - stnd up USA 4 5
79 bonnie tyler - secret dreams and forbidden fire india 5 5
80 An evening with Mohd Rafi india
81 Jimi Hendrix - electric ladyland USA 6 ?

please indicate your interest..

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back