Interest Check: LPs

I dont think there are lot of overlap!!!:) As Kapvin told based on the intial request... I believe the purpose of the LP's should be circulated by the generous members on others request and no matter which is going to whom:)

I believe all our gadgets are pet too!! and if we are able to take care our kids and pets this is possible:) First while on loan one BD or LP's should be treated as yours while with you, so ultimate care can be taken. Hope yours gadgets are perfectly maintained:p and looks like you are not ready for loaning too!

I can tell my kid(6years old) never touch my gadgets unnecessarily only on my request she will touch it(remote or BD/DVD) for my use. she loves my gadget since she use to accompany me in hearing or viewing.

Last edited:
I'm withdrawing my interest in the above LPs (except that of Nazia Hassan, if acceptable to Santosh)
No probs Captain:)

why don't you guys settle the issue amicably? Just voicing my personal opinion.

It's all amicable bro!
I just mentioned the 'reservation' as he'd mentioned it you too... and santy is a good pal... i think you read too much into it!
No issue here guys:). Manav's post was also from an offline joking conversation that we had about his ever growing collection of LPs. I really admire his collection and the time he spends in sourcing rare LPs, taking care of them and most importantly listening to them. Another chap I have admiration for is our member Stevieboy.

and capt.... if you don't get the Nazia, don't worry! I have a spare! I'll send it to ya - no cost! Just one audio pal to another!
Wow, looks like I am covered one way or the other. I give mine to Captain and take the Nazia LP from Manav:yahoo:.

I was in my intermediate (+2) & had an opportunity to listen to their LP at my uncle's place. Some gorgeous setup, we could load a dozen odd LPs at one go. I listened to music the whole day; it was an unforgettable experience.
Sweet dreams are made of these:). Nothing like good old nostalgia.
Thanks for sharing Captain.

A few days ago, we had a meet (Gobble, Saikat, Abhishek [cary_audio_design] and myself) at my place. Since we were setting up the TT, my dad was interested too and joined us for a short while. He say the TT playing and got nostalgic and shared about the yester years when he used to listen to Abba, Ossibisa, Boney M and Bollywood etc.... when spool players, Turntables, radiograms.... when Satruday nights were spent at places with jukeboxes followed by a night show at the cinema halls and drive-in theaters which have given way to malls and plazas. were the in thing. While I knew that my old man was passionate about these things, never did I expect him to remember the intricate details, model numbers, tech details etc.

Thanks kapvin for painstakingly grading and listing the LPs. So far nothing that interests me in the list. Are there more LPs ?
regards

Hmm
Nice thought but just wondering (seriously) who will protect them from kids, pets and pests (in that order) while on loan.:)
True captain, that worries me too. Apologies, but I would prefer not to be part of the circulation program.

I dont think there are lot of overlap!!!:) As Kapvin told based on the intial request... I believe the purpose of the LP's should be circulated by the generous members on others request and no matter which is going to whom:)

Srini, while your intention is good I have my own doubts about its working. You know Srini that we have done very well in our BD circulation program with members from even Delhi and Mumbai participating in it and you too have been part of it. We had zero issues so far. But, LPs are a different ball game altogether. Not only are LPs rare, I found myself getting very attached and possessive about them....guess it is to do with the 'labour of love' involved in possessing them:p. I would not feel comfortable shipping my LPs across India and I would also be worried till I see and play them again. Too much of tension yaar. If a BD gets scratched/lost, you can always buy one more. These LPs have lived so many years under the care of Kapil's family. Let us give him the comfort that they are in good hands.

I can tell my kid(6years old) never touch my gadgets unnecessarily only on my request she will touch it(remote or BD/DVD) for my use. she loves my gadget since she use to accompany me in hearing or viewing.
You are one lucky chap that Shreya is a good girl. You should meet my son Tejas. When he is in the AV Room, he is like a bull in a china shop. He is only 2 years old and he is only getting disastrous by the day:).

i d like anthony venture and other western cassical orchestras for me. pyasa is the one i d so much love to have but someone else already beat me to it. no issues. i must mention that lp format is still going strong in west n newest releases are available on lps still. its the indian ones which are getting rarer by th day.

I believe all our gadgets are pet too!! and if we are able to take care our kids and pets this is possible:)
Srini, I agree both are pets. Now, there is something called sibling rivalry.:D Poor inanimate LPs, CDs etc have to bear the brunt and they can't even hit back.:lol:

I envy you Srini, you are very lucky. In spite of my terrorising, I end up getting on the wrong side of my two hooligans though a lot less now. After all terrorism works.:lol:

Hi Capt!!

You are enjoying that only i could tell:) It is real fun to see how kids are playing with our gadgets and sometimes it will give BP also.l heard the same thing what you expressed from my friends how their kids are;) one friend use to tell me his CD/dvd's are used exactly the name it is meant for "disc" throwing by his kids. Ok it is only 20 or 50bucks.. Think if it is "LP" as big disc.:yahoo: It will be more happy & pleasure for them to get a big LP disc:cool:

Last edited:
Another chap I have admiration for is our member Stevieboy.

Cos I didn't throw my hat in the fray so those with smaller lp collections could get some? ;)

But thanks for the regard inspite of me not being able to drop in to help you set up the tt :eek:

Hehe, my generosity ends at this line. There's no chance I'd ever lend my LPs out to anybody and I'm sure a lot of LP lovers will feel the same way, considering the rarity value of lps today but more importantly, the possibility of damage on play through a badly set up tt.

Sharing could be through recording to CD :)

Movies like Santhosh pointed out are replaceable off the shelf.

Hehe, my generosity ends at this line. There's no chance I'd ever lend my LPs out to anybody and I'm sure a lot of LP lovers will feel the same way, considering the rarity value of lps today but more importantly, the possibility of damage on play through a badly set up tt.

Sharing could be through recording to CD :)

Movies like Santhosh pointed out are replaceable off the shelf.

Kapvin can give free to all and we generously show our both hands and take it:)and it is best to show our regards and respect to him and also to LP is to pass on the same whomever loves LP's ( atleast to this forum members).

However on his request making a contribution to an charity is not an issue which most of our guys are doing regularly and it doesnt mean we own the LP's permenantely... It is indivudual to deceide:cool: Anyway you are not in "Q" and it is also warning from you not ask for lending:eek:hyeah:

Kapvin can give free to all and we generously show our both hands and take it:)and it is best to show our regards and respect to him and also to LP is to pass on the same whomever loves LP's ( atleast to this forum members).

However on his request making a contribution to an charity is not an issue which most of our guys are doing regularly and it doesnt mean we own the LP's permenantely...

Steven is right. I too posted that circulating LPs was not a great idea. Guess you missed my post here http://www.hifivision.com/phono-turntables/13376-interest-check-lps-7.html#post188353

No i read it santhosh!!!!Whom we lend,to an unknown guy or if you know about him that he dont care about his stuffs or others ? Ok as i said earlier it is individual to deceide:cool:
Forget others being careful Srini. I was not confident about myself...I hand-carried two records from Singapore and I was worried about it till it reached my home. Just that the size of LPs and its thickness makes it very prone to damage. LPs also come with a cardboard case, not a jewelbox like CD, so again shipping would be a problem. IMO, just not worth the trouble.

Your intent is very good, but I would leave LPs alone:)

Last edited:
I myself dropped an LP on its side and it broke, leaving the outer track unplayable. Luckily I found another one! It was a rare compilation of western hits (western movies, not classical).

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back